Former South Carolina fourth circuit solicitor Jay Hodge is the subject of another lawsuit alleging that he sexually molested a young boy years ago.
According to the suit, Hodge sexually molested the victim on a scouting trip when the latter was only eight years old – which would mean the alleged incident took place in the early 1990s.
The boy – whose name was withheld in the pleading – went on to become a highly-decorated member of the U.S. Army’s elite Delta Force.
“The Plaintiff selflessly served and was involved in numerous direct conflicts with enemy forces,” the lawsuit states.
The details of this alleged abuse are graphic … Too graphic for me to repeat then here.
The alleged abuse is said to have occurred during an overnight white-water rafting trip on the Nantahala river held under the auspices of the Boy Scouts of America.
The latest case against Hodge was filed this week in Chesterfield County, S.C. It seeks a jury trail as well as actual and punitive damages against the disgraced former solicitor on several grounds – including sexual battery, child sexual abuse, reckless misconduct and fraud.
Hodge was the fourth circuit solicitor from 1997-2009 – when he abruptly resigned his post. He later assumed an assistant solicitor’s post in his old office, but was forced to resign from that position five months later as a result of a federal investigation into the alleged misappropriation of public funds from his office.
Four years ago, Hodge was named as a defendant in a major child molestation lawsuit – one alleging that he and another Boy Scout leader engaged “in various sexual acts” with multiple victims in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Hodge in particular was accused of engaging in “fondling, masturbation and oral sex” with two boys – both of whom are now grown men.
In August of 2012, Hodge issued a blanket denial to this website regarding those allegations.
“Any allegation against me involving any inappropriate contact with any child is absolutely false,” he said at the time.
Hodge’s alleged actions have also spilled over into a lawsuit filed against Chesterfield County, S.C. “undersheriff” Rob Lee. According to that suit, Lee deliberately destroyed evidence in an effort to protect Hodge.
Specifically, Lee is alleged to have destroyed “photographs of fully nude juvenile males” obtained in connection with the Hodge scandal.
A north Houston man remains in custody after his arrest for allegedly abusing an underage family member, authorities said Friday.
The juvenile family member first reported the abuse in 2013 - lasting from her childhood into her teenage years. But she was so traumatized that she was unable to assist investigators, officials say.
The investigation remained dormant until June 2016, when the victim reached out to Harris County sheriff's deputies and asked them to reopen the case.
Under questioning, Drake denied any knowledge of what happened, telling them "he put all this behind him."
Yeah, and we'll put him behind bars. Creep!
He is being held under a combined bail of $160,000. His next court date is set for Oct. 12.
A Delaware County man is accused of child molestation.
Robert Eignor, 60 of Margaretville is charged with sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
New York State Police say the child was under the age of 11.
Officials say this arrest occurred after troopers were advised of an incident that happened at a home in the Town of Middletown.
Eignor was sent to the Delaware County Jail in lieu of $2, 500 dollars cash bail or $5,000 property bond.
Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle arrives at the federal courthouse in Indianapolis on Nov. 19, 2015. Michael Conroy—AP
Last year, Fogle was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison
Ex-Subway pitchman Jared Fogle blames the parents of a victim for some of her emotional distress in a court filing in a civil suit against him.
In a motion filed Thursday, Fogle claims that the victim’s parents fought and abused alcohol in front of her and that their divorce hurt the girl emotionally, ABC reports.”Custody and parenting time (agreements) required Jane Doe to constantly rotate her living arrangements caused unnecessary stress, anxiety, and trauma for Jane Doe,” the filing says. (The victim is not named.) The filing argues that because of this, the girl’s parents may be liable for some of the claims against Fogle.
The lawsuit was filed in March by an Indiana girl who was a victim of child pornography in Fogle’s criminal case and seeks at least $300,000 in damages for personal injury and emotional distress.
In November, Fogle was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for possession of child pornography and traveling across state lines to have sex with a minor.
ELMA, Washington — A 31-year-old Aberdeen teacher is in jail for allegedly dealing child pornography, the Elma Police Department said.
On Tuesday, police executed a search warrant at the teacher’s home in the 600 block of North 2nd Street in Elma after receiving a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, police said.
Officers seized multiple computers and hard drives at the home.
Police arrested the teacher Friday, and he was booked into jail on suspicion of dealing child pornography and possessing child pornography.
Police said the suspect is a current employee of the Aberdeen School District.
FERNDALE, Washington (AP) — A longtime Ferndale School Board member who resigned suddenly in June has been arrested for investigation of possessing child pornography.
The Bellingham Herald reports 67-year-old Stuart D. McKay made his first appearance in Whatcom County Superior Court Friday.
Authorities say the investigation began in late June, when the BP Cherry Point Refinery, where McKay was working as a contractor, contacted authorities about “suspicious activity” on a computer assigned to him.
Investigators say McKay accessed “hundreds if not thousands” of sexually explicit photos of children – including infants.
School District Superintendent Linda Quinn told the paper officials were surprised and cooperating with law enforcement.
McKay remained silent throughout the brief court hearing. His attorney told the court McKay is a lifelong resident of the county and has no criminal history in Washington state.
His bail was set at $20,000.
MILLVALE, Pennsylvania —A Millvale man who was set to go to trial on child pornography charges was arrested again after he drove a 14-year-old girl from Ohio to his home, then had sex with her multiple times, police said.
Daniel Kundrat, 33, is charged with statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor, indecent assault and corruption of minors.
Court documents said Kundrat started an online relationship with a 14-year-old girl from Columbus, Ohio. Police allege the pair exchanged text messages and nude photos before Kundrat drove to her home Aug. 10 and brought her back to his house on Patrick Street.
Neighbors in Millvale told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 that they saw the girl and talked to her, but had no idea she was only 14.
"Unbelievable," said neighbor Eric Dragun. "I saw her sitting on the front porch and she told me she was actually 19 years old, but we were all suspicious and it was kind of weird because there were no utilities there."
The teen's mother reported her missing and the FBI launched an investigation. Authorities were able to track an IP address the teenager was using to McDonald's on Route 8 in Shaler, and that's where they were spotted on Thursday.
Police say dozens of pictures and videos of child porn were found on Kundrat's social media accounts in June by district attorney's detectives. Investigators say he admitted to authorities that it belonged to him but said he never touched a child.
Kundrat is being held in the Allegheny County Jail. A preliminary hearing on his latest charges is scheduled for Sept. 15.