Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Monday, 24 July 2017

Stories Today from Indonesia, Canada 2, UK 5 on Global P&P List

Castration in Indonesia, 12 y/o charged for sex assault, polygamy trial brings conviction, police officer gets 2nd conviction for child porn, BBC journalist also nailed for child porn

Indonesian Minister Yohana Talks Castration
on National Children Day

Pekanbaru - Women Empowerment and Child Protection Minister Yohana Yembise talked about castration during the celebration of the National Children Day 2017.

"Violence against children is intolerable, the punishment would include castration of sexual offenders, life sentence and death penalty for perpetrators of KDRT (domestic violence) and murder," she said in Pekanbaru yesterday.

Yohana reiterated the message as violence against Indonesian children continues to rise. Children have been the victims of sexual abuse, domestic violence, child marriage, trafficking, etc.

Riau province has seen the second highest number of cases of violence against children, Yohana said. The figure continues to rise over the years. The year 2014 saw 96 cases, 115 cases in 2015, 171 cases in 2016 and 90 cases so far this year.

Minister Yohana also stressed that children should not be preoccupied with social networking sites and prioritize reading instead. On the National Children Day 2017, Yasona called on parents to monitor their children’s social media use. "Don’t open social media [sites], let alone those with pornographic [content]. Children should study hard," she said.

Also present at the National Children Day 2017 celebration in Pekanbaru were President Joko Widodo and the First Lady Iriana.






12-year-old Canadian boy charged with
sexually assaulting younger girl

The 2 children did not know each other, and met while playing outside
CBC News 

A 12-year-old Saskatoon boy will appear in court in August on a sexual assault charge involving a girl under the age of 10.

Police were called to a home in southeast Saskatoon on July 16, where the girl's parents reported she may have been assaulted.

Investigators with the sex crimes unit were told a boy encountered the girl while she outside playing and the sexual assault occurred. The two did not know each other.

I wonder if the easy availability of pornography contributed to this assault?

Police located a suspect nearby based on the girl's description.

The 12-year-old boy will make his second appearance in Saskatoon provincial court on Aug. 21. He is currently under supervised care with court-imposed conditions.

Police said they are working with the victim's family and providing support.





Man accused of sex abuse of girl at Central Park Pool in Plymouth, UK
By sabel  

A man is to face trial accused of the repeated sexual abuse of a girl more than 25 years ago – including at the old Central Park swimming pool.

David Roy Peters, aged 62, faced a judge to deny 13 charges of indecency with a child over more than a decade.

Peters, of Austin Avenue, North Prospect, pleaded not guilty to ten charges of indecent assault between 1979 and 1990.

He further denied three charges of gross indecency with a child when he appeared at Plymouth Crown Court.

Some of the offences are alleged to have taken place at the Central Park swimming pool, now demolished and replaced by the Life Centre.

Judge Ian Lawrie set down a trial to last five days, to start on October 23.

Peters was released on bail on condition he does not contact the complainant.






Doncaster, UK man sentenced for historic child sex abuse

A 64-year-old man has been given a three-year prison sentence, suspended for two years, for sexually abusing a child in Doncaster in the 1960s.

Adrian Marchant, of Balby, Doncaster, appeared before Sheffield Crown Court on Friday 21 July to be sentenced after being found guilty of indecent assault, gross indecency with a child and attempted rape of a child under 14-years-old.

He was sentenced to three years in prison, suspended for two years, as well as being ordered to complete 180 hours of unpaid work.

Marchant’s victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, came forward to police in 2015 to report sexual abuse in Doncaster in the 1960s.

The victim in this case has shown remarkable courage and I commend her for coming forward after so many years to report the abuse she suffered as a child.

Child sexual abuse is a horrendous crime and it doesn’t matter when it takes place, please be assured that police will listen, will investigate and wherever possible bring those responsible before the court.

No sentence is ever going to repair the life-changing damage sexual abuse can cause, but I hope the victim takes some comfort from this case knowing her abuser has been found guilty.

Well, certainly, this sentence is not going to repair any damage. Good grief!

– INVESTIGATING OFFICER DC NICHOLE RUSSELL






Former Caterham, UK man avoids jail after telling girl:
'I like young girls they look sexy'
By Josh_Searle 

A former Caterham man has avoided jail after he encouraged what he thought was a 13-year-old girl to send him indecent images, telling her: "I like young girls they look sexy".

Stephen Brown, 37, used the Kik social media messenger in May 2015 to begin talking to a person he thought was called Lauren, aged 13.

Discovering her age he said he was 34 and made the comment: "I like young girls they look sexy".

Brown, formerly of Milner Close, asked her to send him a picture because he wanted to see if she looked "HOT".

After a series of more suggestive comments Brown asked: "Can any one see ur phone" before sending an image of an erect penis.

Brown talked to the girl 11 more times on Kik between May 12, 2015 and July 7, 2015.

Brown, a former lorry driver, continued to ask her for photographs and after receiving a picture of a pair of knickers he asked if she would meet in person.

He asked her to confirm that she wanted to meet him, saying: "Even though it could be classed as illegal what we do"; "As long as no one catches us we will be fine x", and: "The old bill would lock me up x lol".

Brown's messages became more explicit and he reminded her to delete her messages "so no one finds them".

On June 18 2015 Brown, now of Uxbridge Street, Burton-on-Trent, Derbyshire, sent two pictures of himself to the victim: one lying on his back with his naked torso exposed and the other a close up of an erect penis with a pair of naked legs resting on a duvet.

A National Crime Agency investigation showed the messages were sent from Brown's mobile phone.

When first interviewed he denied any knowledge of sending pictures and talking to Lauren.

During his second interview he confirmed that the facial images and two images of an erect penis were his and that he had taken the photographs.

He tried to blame someone else for using his phone and said he only ever looked at farming-related websites.

NCA officers found mobile phones and a tablet at Brown's home containing evidence of the online conversations and indecent images of children – one category A (the most serious), six category B, 57 at category C and one extreme image.

Today (July 24), at Croydon Crown Court he was given a 21-month jail sentence suspended for two years.

He was also put on the sex offenders register for 15 years and given a sexual harm prevention order for the same duration, as well as being ordered to attend a 30-day rehabilitation court, perform 200 hours of community service and told to pay £500 costs.

He admitted three counts of making indecent images of children, possessing extreme pornography and causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

A charge of attempting to commit an offence of meeting a child following sexual grooming was left to lie on file.

Senior investigating officer Robert Willis said: "Every child in sexual abuse images is a victim and everyone using these sick images reinforces the market for the abuse."

"Brown's deviant interest in children is clear for all to see in the messages he sent."






Former UK police officer caught with
child sex abuse images - again
By Carl_Eve 

A former police child protection officer who was spared a jail sentence after being found with indecent images of children on his laptop has admitted similar charges.

Appearing at Plymouth Magistrates Court via video link with Bodmin police station, the former St Austell officer, Robert Branney, pleaded guilty to the charges put to him.

The 70-year-old admitted that between March 30, 2016 and June 21, 2016 he made indecent images of children, namely 25 Category A still images – deemed the most severe – one Category A film, 36 Category B still images, and 197 Category C still images.

District Judge Diana Baker told Branney, of Treverbyn Gardens, St Austell, he would next appear at Truro Crown Court on August 25 for sentencing.

He was released on conditional bail until that date and ordered to sign the Sex Offender Register.

Branney, who retired 15 years ago after serving 28 years as a police officer, previously avoided jail at a sentencing hearing in May 2016 after he admitted three counts of possessing indecent images of children, making indecent photographs of a child and possessing an extreme pornographic images which involved an animal.

The court heard how he lived an online fantasy life in chat rooms and via webcams, inventing a daughter and granddaughter to fuel his discussions with "like-minded" men.

The court heard that the girls featured in the images found on Branney's laptop looked to be about six to eight years old. Two of the images involved penetrative sexual activity.

His defence barrister noted how Branney, a former president of St Austell Lions Club, had started looking at legal pornography and had "slipped into" looking at images of children.

Did I mention, 'sin is progressive?'

In sentencing Judge Christopher Harvey Clark said Branney "obtained excitement by indulging in sexual fantasies online" and through chat rooms.

"That is not a crime and it may be that many do the same, but in your case you stepped over the permissible line: you started looking at indecent images of children.

"Looking at such images is illegal and immoral. It encourages people who make and distribute such images for financial gain to persuade children to pose and perform for their sexual gratification.

"I have asked myself how you could sink so low; you who were a child protection police officer."

At his hearing Judge Harvey Clarke sentenced Branney to eight months' imprisonment suspended for one year, adding that the former officer should leave the court "hanging your head in shame".

The judge added that the publicity given to the case would continue to be "acutely embarrassing" for him and his family.

"No greater punishment can be passed by me than for you to see a mug shot of yourself on the front page of the local paper … with 'child porn' and 'ex-child protection police officer' linked together."

Maybe not, but could you please try? Shaming, is apparently not working!







BBC journalist sentenced for child abuse images
From BBC Tyne & Wear 

A BBC journalist who was caught with images of child sexual abuse on his home computer has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Lloyd Watson, 33, from Gateshead, admitted three charges involving 26 videos and nine images.

One video showed abuse involving a young girl who was clearly distressed.

Newcastle Crown Court heard Watson had used the dark web to obtain the material. He was jailed for nine months, suspended for two years.


'Confessions text'

Michael Bunch, prosecuting, told the court a computer had been seized from Watson's home in March 2016.

Photographs and videos were found from all three categories used by the courts to classify the seriousness of offences involving indecent images.

Mr Bunch said a document was also found entitled "confessions text" in which Watson wrote he had "done nothing wrong".

In it, he said it was "the people who made the material who should be hunted down". He also said that he was "not condoning it or helping it".

You are providing a market for it, that makes you no better than the one who sexually abused those children.


Sex offenders register

Michael Miller, mitigating, said Watson had no previous convictions, had pleaded guilty and was seeking professional help.

Sentencing him, Judge Amanda Rippon said: "Every child who has been abused, you have personally abused by viewing it."

Watson had earlier admitted three charges of making indecent images when he appeared at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court.

As well as the suspended sentence, he was given a sexual harm prevention order lasting 15 years and was placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years.

Watson worked for the BBC News website in Newcastle.

In a statement, the BBC said: "He will no longer be working for the BBC. His crimes were entirely unrelated to his work for us."






Court Reaches Guilty Verdict In Canada's First Polygamy Trial In Over 100 Years

Winston Blackmore is estimated to have fathered some
145 children with 28 wives
 
Nick Robins-Early World News Reporter, HuffPost

Canada’s first polygamy trial since 1906 has concluded with a guilty verdict against one of two fundamentalist Mormon men. Winston Blackmore was married to more than 20 women at once.

James Oler, whose verdict has not yet been announced, was charged with having five wives.

Blackmore
The government has worked to prosecute Blackmore and Oler ― rival religious leaders in the small community of Bountiful, British Columbia ― since the 1990s. The case finally went to trial this April.

Blackmore and Oler had pleaded not guilty to one count each of polygamy, a charge that carries a maximum of five years.

Although polygamy is illegal in Canada, it has been practiced in Bountiful since the religious enclave along the Idaho border was founded in 1946. The community has a population of around 1,500 people, most of whom are related.

Blackmore and Oler were both bishops in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which advocates polygamist marriage. Blackmore was excommunicated from the church in 2002 and now runs a rival sect.

Much of the media attention in the case has focused on Blackmore, an outspoken proponent of polygamy who is estimated to have married 28 women in total and fathered about 145 children. Some of his wives were as young as 15 years old when they were married. Blackmore is now 61.

For years, Canadian media has reported extensively on Blackmore and life in Bountiful. Questions have been raised about course content, teacher training and student evaluations at the publicly funded local schools. Young men in the community seen as competition for older leaders have reportedly been driven out or made to work for little pay on farms. Girls have been pushed into child marriage and trafficked within the larger fundamentalist Mormon community. And there have been widespread allegations of child marriage and sexual abuse.

Jeffs
Earlier this year, a formerly married man and woman from Bountiful were convicted of taking a 13-year-old girl across the U.S. border in 2004 to become the child bride of American sect leader Warren Jeffs. Jeffs is now serving a life sentence for child sexual assault.

Legal wrangling in the Canadian case had earlier focused on whether the law banning polygamous marriage was a violation of the nation’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The British Columbia Supreme Court ruled in 2011 that anti-polygamy measures did not violate the charter’s protection of religious practices, thereby allowing the case against Blackmore and Oler to proceed.