By STEPHEN WRIGHT ASSOCIATE NEWS EDITOR FOR THE DAILY MAIL and SOPHIE JANE EVANS FOR MAILONLINE
|Sir Cliff Richard told police that he|
was never alone with the two men who
claim he sexually abused them in 1980s
He was backed by affidavits signed by his minders and other staff members saying he had been accompanied by them while filming in the presence of the boys, a source told The Sun.
Sir Cliff has always denied the 'completely false' allegations made by the two unidentified men.
It comes as the star's new DVD - 75th Birthday Concert, recorded at The Royal Albert Hall - is set to make the Christmas No 1, despite the widely-publicised abuse claims against him.
The product is already at No 2 in Amazon's sales charts - on pre-orders alone - and industry insiders predict it will clinch the top spot in the official music DVD charts after its release on November 30, according to the Daily Mirror.
Amy, the much-anticipated documentary film depicting the life and death of singer Amy Winehouse, is currently at No 1 on Amazon.
Sir Cliff faces another Christmas in legal limbo after his spokesman confirmed he met with officers voluntarily earlier this week.
His home had been previously raided by officers 15 months ago – with the BBC on hand to show officers entering the property live on television.
Sir Cliff was first interviewed under caution last year by police investigating claims he abused a boy at a Christian rally in 1985. He was not arrested, nor charged with an offence.
It is believed he was quizzed this week over allegations that he sexually assaulted another boy during the filming of a music video in 1981, which surfaced since his home was raided.