CBS NEW YORK
NEW YORK -- A Long Island man who was previously arrested in two separate child sexual abuse cases was charged in a third incident that allegedly occurred while he was making a furniture delivery, reports CBS New York.
Police arrested Ramirez after the children, ages 5 and 6, told a parent what happened, CBS New York reports.
Ramirez was arrested last November when he was caught allegedly exposing himself to a 5-year-old girl and her 7-year-old sister in the Glen Cove Stop & Shop, where he worked at the time. In June, he was accused of leaving a cellphone in a bathroom at Jack's Shack restaurant in Glen Head, and recording a woman as she used the restroom.
He was indicted on numerous charges in both cases and is due back in Nassau County court on Friday.
Candice Williams, The Detroit News
A 59-year-old Westland man was arraigned Monday on charges of child sexually abusive activity after he allegedly solicited for a sexual encounter with a Macomb County Sheriff investigator posing as a juvenile girl.
Kenneth David Rogers was video-arraigned in the 41-B District Court of Clinton Township on three counts of child sexually abusive activity and one count of using a computer to commit crime.
“During a six-day period, the man sent first e-mails, then text messages to a Sheriff investigator posing as a juvenile girl,” the sheriff’s office said in a release Monday.
On Saturday morning, the man drove to a predetermined location believing he was going to have sex with a juvenile, officials said. He was arrested when he arrived.
Rogers was given a $10,000 cash or surety bond. He returns to court Dec. 28.
A 33-year-old man pleaded not guilty Friday to sexually assaulting two young children in Climax, Minn., several years ago.
Polk County prosecutors charged Brett Allen Goulet, of Crookston, with two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, both felonies punishable by up to 30 years in prison, after two young children disclosed he had assaulted them, according to court documents.
A social worker interviewed both children in August 2014, both of whom told her Goulet sexually assaulted them at night in 2010 or 2011 while they were living in Climax, court records allege.
Goulet was charged in mid-November with the offenses and was arrested earlier this month. He made his first appearance Friday in Polk County District Court, where he pleaded not guilty.
His next court hearing is at 9 a.m. on Dec. 28.
Goulet's criminal record in Minnesota and North Dakota does not show any prior convictions for sex offenses.
In 2013, Goulet was found guilty of aggravated assault, a Class C felony, in Grand Forks County District Court and was convicted of misdemeanor fifth-degree assault in Marshall County District Court in Minnesota.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The trial against a former professional juggler accused of sexually assaulting two boys in the late 90s is underway.
Jury selection was ongoing Monday afternoon for the first of two trials for Neil Stammer. The first trial focuses on the case of one of the alleged victims. It's expected to last four days.
Jury selection is expected to mostly wrap up Monday evening and opening statements are expected at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The second trial will start right after this one.
The boys said Stammer lured them into his magic shop and assaulted them.
In July 2014, Stammer was caught in Nepal after 14 years on the run.