Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Child Struggles to Testify Against Pedophile

Young child reveals sex abuse in video
Cayman News


(CNS): A little girl who told a social worker that she was being sexually abused by her mother’s boyfriend appeared in court Tuesday via video link to give evidence against her alleged abuser but struggled to talk about what she said was “the bad touching”. The child had revealed the accusations of assault when she was just eight years old after it had been happening for a year. At that time she was interviewed by police and revealed the disturbing allegations on video, which was played to the court.

Caution: graphic description follows in this paragraph

The girl, who is now aged ten, told police that a 58-year-old West Bay man (who was 56 at the time) who was living in the family home was abusing her. The abuse allegedly took place when her mother was sleeping or at work, and happened in the room where the family, including the child, all slept. She spoke of the man forcing his penis into her mouth and making her want to throw up, touching and licking her genitals and squashing her in what appeared to be allegations of attempted rape.

The court heard that the little girl was removed from the home after reporting the abuse in May 2014. Following a police investigation, the suspect was arrested a month later and then charged in February 2015. But the trial did not start until Tuesday, almost two years after the child reported the incident. No reason was given to the court for the lengthy delay from charge to trial.

In the video made in the immediate wake of the child’s reports and played to the court, the young girl spoke of the abuse in some detail. But two years later, clearly disturbed by seeing the footage again and being asked to recall the events and answer questions about them for the court, the child was upset, which made testing of her evidence extremely difficult. Given the rules surrounding the cross-examination of children in such cases, the court was adjourned to allow her to return Wednesday and the court to try the questions again.

The accused man, who cannot be named because of the risk of identifying the child, is currently remanded in custody. He has denied the allegations, which include two counts of gross indecency, two counts of indecent assault and one count of attempted rape. He has claimed that the child made up the allegations so that she could leave the home where she lived with him and her mother and live with her father.