Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Thursday, 27 March 2025

The Perverted Lives of the Rich and Famous > Depardieu goes on trial; Dutch punk band bassist arrested for CSAM

 

French actor Depardieu goes on trial for alleged sex assault on 2021 film shoot


Culture

Actor Gérard Depardieu arrived in a Paris court on Monday for his trial over alleged sexual assaults on a film set, a case placing one of France's best-known movie stars at the heart of the country's broader reckoning over sexual violence.



French actor Gérard Depardieu went on trial at a Paris court Monday charged with sexually assaulting two women during a 2021 film shoot, as his lawyer vowed to show all the accusations were "false".

Depardieu has been accused of improper behaviour by around 20 women but this is the first case to come to trial. 

Prosecutors allege the assaults against two women – whose full identities have not been revealed – took place during the filming in 2021 of "Les Volets Verts" (The Green Shutters).

They accuse Depardieu of groping one of the women on the film set, pulling her towards him and trapping her with his legs before touching her waist, hips and breasts while voicing obscenities. 

Three people witnessed the scene, prosecutors say. They say the second woman was groped by Depardieu on set and in the street.

A lawyer for Depardieu said that the accusations against his client were false.

"This trial is going to allow us to confront all accusations with reality," said lawyer Jérémie Assous. "We will thus be able to show in an impartial, objective and undeniable manner that all the accusations are false."

Depardieu passed calmly by the assembled journalists while looking straight at the cameras without saying a word before walking into the courtroom and chatting with a couple of actors present there.

"Truth is on our side," Assous told reporters.

Depardieu, dressed in a dark suit with no tie, sat on a stool facing the court as the trial got underway in the early afternoon.

He slowly made his way to the witness stand, wincing as he walked, to confirm his identity. The two plaintiffs were also present in the courtroom.

A towering figure of French cinema, Depardieu has faced a growing number of sexual assault allegations in recent years.

Depardieu, 76, has consistently denied any wrongdoing, and this is the first case for which he would be standing trial.

The trial, expected to last up to three days, was initially due to be held in October but was postponed due to Depardieu's ill health.

A lawyer for one of the women told Reuters ahead of the trial that her client had been scared to come forward against Depardieu.

"There's a fear, because he's a cinema giant," said Carine Durrieu-Diebolt. "It's a struggle between David and Goliath and they are afraid of retaliation as they all work in cinema but at a much lower level than Depardieu."

If found guilty, Depardieu could face a sentence of up to five years in prison and a €75,000 ($81,200) fine.

Depardieu's trial is the highest-profile #MeToo case in the media industry to come before the courts in France.

Dozens of protesters stood outside the court, chanting, "We believe you" to show their support for the two plaintiffs.

(FRANCE 24 with AFP and Reuters)





Dutch punk band bassist arrested in child porn case, quits band

Fred H., the longtime bassist of the Limburg-based punk band Heideroosjes, has been arrested in connection with a child pornography caseaccording to De Limburger. The 50-year-old musician from Sevenum was taken into custody on Feb. 25 and has remained in detention for four weeks. On March 13, the Limburg court’s council chamber extended his pretrial detention by an additional 30 days. On Monday, Heideroosjes announced that H. will be leaving the band.

H.’s attorney, Guy Koppen, confirmed that his client is suspected of possessing and distributing child pornography. “The suspect has been going through a difficult period, both personally and professionally, with a great deal of stress. He sought extreme tension online as a coping mechanism to deal with that stress,” Koppen said. He emphasized that H. denies having any sexual preference for minors and that no indications of such have emerged in the investigation.

Except he was in possession of child porn!!! Why would anyone watch child porn if they weren't drawn to it? That makes no sense.

“He wants to take responsibility for his actions before his family and society,” Koppen added. “He hopes to be given the time and space to do so.”

Responsibility starts with admitting the truth!!!

Leaving Heideroosjes

Following his arrest, H. has decided to leave Heideroosjes. The band announced his departure on Instagram, stating that they were “shocked to the core” by the news. “We never saw this coming. The allegations against Fred clash directly with the values we have always upheld as Heideroosjes.”

A punk band has values? Hmmm. I wonder what they are?

The band explained that H. made the decision to step down to avoid burdening his bandmates. “We are deeply saddened by this bitter and painful end to our collaboration since 1989. But above all, our hearts go out to everyone involved in this case and to Fred’s family,” the statement read. The band was scheduled to play several festivals this summer to celebrate its 35th anniversary. It is unclear if they will still perform.

A spokesperson for the Public Prosecution Service (OM) confirmed to De Limburger that a man from Sevenum was arrested and is suspected of involvement with child pornographic images. However, the OM has refused to disclose further details. “In the context of the ongoing police investigation, no further statements can be made,” the spokesperson said.

Limburg, NL

No comments:

Post a Comment