Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Monday, 19 September 2016

Square Dance Caller, Police Volunteer, First Nations Chief on Today's P&P List

Oregon square dance caller arrested for child sex abuse

TUALATIN, Ore. – Authorities arrested a Tualatin man on multiple child sex abuse charges and investigators fear there may be more victims.

Charles William Garner, 55, was arrested Sept. 16 on charges including rape, sodomy and sexual abuse. All of the crimes involved a child, according to Tualatin Police Capt. Greg Pickering.

Garner is a popular square dance caller, which is a person who announces the dances, in Marion and Washington counties, Pickering said.

Police took Garner to the Washington County Jail.

Anyone with information about Garner is asked to call police at 503-691-4842.

New Mexico school employee sentenced in
child sex abuse case
The Daily Times staff

FARMINGTON — A former Shiprock Northwest High School employee has been sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison for sexually abusing a child.

Harrison Cambridge, 56, of Shiprock was sentenced during a hearing this morning. He was also sentenced to 15 years of supervised release and will be required to register as a sex offender, according to a press release from the U.S. Department of Justice.

Cambridge was arrested in December on allegations that he inappropriately touched a young girl. In January, he was indicted and charged with abusive sexual contact of a child under the age of 12. Cambridge pleaded guilty to the charges in March, according to the press release.

A criminal complaint states Cambridge visited the girl's house while her mother was at work and her grandmother was sleeping. Cambridge allegedly sat on a couch and began to watch television before pulling the girl on top of him and touching her inappropriately.

The girl later called her mother and told her what had happened, according to the criminal complaint. Her mother alerted authorities, the complaint states.

After charges were filed against Cambridge, Shiprock Associated Schools Inc. terminated its contract with him, according to Daily Times archives. Cambridge was a paraprofessional in the life skills program. He also coached softball for the high school in 2014, according to school board minutes.

    Shiprock, NM

Already convicted of child sexual abuse,
Michigan man faces two more charges
By Lynn Moore

MUSKEGON, MI – A Muskegon man who served 10 years for sexually assaulting a child has been charged again with two counts of criminal sexual conduct against a child.

Randy Lee Phillips, 47, of 2277 Oak Park has been charged with first degree criminal sexual conduct, which involved penetration, of a child under age 13 and second degree criminal sexual conduct of a child under age 13.

The alleged assaults against a family member occurred between 2009 and 2016 when the child was between the ages of 6 and 12, said Muskegon County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Timothy Maat.

The first degree CSC charge is a potential life felony, while the second degree charge is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Phillips was convicted in 1992 of second degree CSC involving a minor child and was sentenced to 2 to 15 years in prison, Maat said. Phillips served 10 years and is on the sex offender registry, Maat said.

The most recent allegations originally were reported to the Mason County Prosecutor, who referred them to the Mason County Sheriff who in turn referred them to the Muskegon County Sheriff, Maat said. He was not sure why they were first reported to the Mason County Prosecutor.

Phillips is being charged as a third time habitual offender because he also has a conviction in 1988 for breaking and entering, Maat said.

The preliminary examination for Phillips has been set for 11 a.m. Sept. 27 in 60th District Judge Raymond Kostrzewa's courtroom. His bond has been revoked.

Californian Pleads Guilty to Child Sexual Abuse

Del Norte District Attorney’s Office press release:

The Del Norte District Attorney’s Office announced today that Christopher James Renner (58) of Crescent City, pleaded guilty this morning to continuous sexual abuse upon a child under fourteen and admitted three special allegations for having substantial sexual conduct with the child, for use of force and that the statute of limitations for the crimes had not expired. Renner was set to go to trial by jury today.

The charges stem from a series of sexual acts that occurred in Renner’s home between 1997 and 1999 involving a juvenile male who was between five and seven years old at the time. Renner had engaged in substantial sexual conduct with the victim on three or more occasions spanning a minimum of three months. Renner had fondled the child’s genitals several times and on one occasion, Renner had forced the child’s hand onto his genitals. Renner had recurring access to the child during that period of time.

“Justice was served today in that Mr. Renner admitted to his crimes and the victim was fully vindicated,” said Del Norte District Attorney Dale P. Trigg who personally handled all aspects of the case for the prosecution. “This young man lived with these crimes for many years before coming forward to report what had happened to him. Now there is no question that what he said happened did in fact happen, said Trigg. “The young man showed a ton of courage to come forward and tell the truth. He was very pleased with the plea this morning and was relieved to avoid trial. Now, the healing can begin for this brave young man,” said Trigg.

Renner was arrested in Mendocino County on the charges on February 22, 2016 and released the next day after posting $250,000 bail. Upon entry of the plea, District Attorney requested that Renner be remanded into custody since Renner faces 85% of up to twelve years in state prison and is not eligible for probation. Although Trigg had previously secured Renner’s passport as a condition of his bail, Trigg argued that Renner is necessarily a flight risk given his mandatory state prison sentence. But the Honorable Philp Schafer denied that request and continued Renner on bail until sentencing on October 20, 2016. The District Attorney wishes to thank District Attorney Chief Investigator AC Field and former investigator Melanie Barry, the United States Marshall Service, Ukiah Police Department and Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant Matthew Kendall for their work in this case. With the help of investigators Field and Barry, the United States Marshall Service assisted in tracking Renner as he was traveling and were able to alert Mendocino County authorities of his presence in Ukiah. He was arrested without incident by the Ukiah Police Department and the Del Norte DA’s Office was advised of the arrest. Sgt. Kendall was briefed on the status of the investigation by investigators Field and Barry who were five hours away at the time of Renner’s arrest. Sgt. Kendall interviewed Renner before he posted bail. “Through collaborative efforts and investigative acumen, my investigators and our friends in Mendocino County were able to gather evidence that substantially corroborated the victim’s allegations in a timely manner leading to today’s result. We were holding all of the cards in this case. Renner finally accepted that this morning when jurors started showing up,” said Trigg.

Former California Police Volunteer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
By KSBY Staff

Lompoc police arrested a former Lompoc Police Volunteer on Sunday on suspicion of child sex abuse.

Anthony Michael Durham, 67, was booked into Santa Barbara County Jail on several charges that involve the sexual assault of a child under the age of 14.

Durham is active in the community, having been named the Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau's Man of the Year in 2008 and serving on the Lompoc City Council in 2009.

Police ask anyone with information about the investigation into Durham or possible additional victims in this case to contact Lompoc Police Detective Lamar at (805) 736-2341 ext. 8120.

First Nation Chief accused of historical child sexual abuse

Wilbur Dedam trial hears from 3rd woman alleging sex abuse

Ex-chief of Esgenoôpetitj First Nation accused of sexual abuse by women dating back to 1977-85

CBC News 

Wilbur Dedam, the former chief of Esgenoôpetit First Nation, is facing six sex charges dating back to the 1970s.
Wilbur Dedam, the former chief of Esgenoôpetit First Nation, is facing six sex charges dating back to the 1970s. (Kate Letterick/CBC)

A third woman who is accusing former Esgenoôpetitj First Nation chief Wilbur Dedam of sexually abusing her as a child testified "I remember trauma" on Monday as Dedam's trial in the Court of Queen's Bench resumed in Miramichi, New Brunswick.

The 43-year-old woman from Burnt Chuch was emotional on the witness stand from the time the Crown prosecutor began questioning her.

The woman had somewhat of a familial relationship to Dedam. She is several years younger than the other two women who have accused Dedam of sex crimes and her memories are less clear.

Dedam, 62, is on trial for six sex-related charges involving three alleged victims between 1977 and 1985. Due to a publication ban ordered by the court, no information may be published that would identify the alleged victims.

The witness said Dedam and his wife, Irene, "were mean all the time."

Testifies Dedam watched over her

She remembered awakening at 10 years of age after falling asleep watching television and finding Dedam standing over her, watching her. On another similar occasion, she testified Dedam told her she was just checking on her.

On another occasion, she testified Dedam rubbed her leg and thigh and told her: "I want to make love to you."

The woman said Dedam told her not to say anything to his wife about the incident in her bedroom. "I was just scared and I didn't feel safe," said the woman. The witness said when she was a child she told Dedam's son she was afraid of his father.

The woman eventually went to live with relatives in Burnt Church and also lived in Tabusintac.

The witness said 10 years ago she confronted Dedam at a party at his daughter's house.

"My life isn't ruined and I'm not messed up and I forgive you because someone must have done something really wrong to you," she testified she said to Dedam. She recalled Dedam saying "I'm sorry," and nothing more.


Under cross-examation by defence lawyer T.J. Burke, the woman said she only remembers bits and pieces of her childhood and gave information to police in 2014. "Since everything came back to the surface, I remember more things," she said.

The three woman who allege they were sexually abused by Dedam are known to one another and Burke pressed the woman about her conversations with the other accusers.

Burke also questioned the woman about another incident when she was awakened by a man, who was not Dedam, tapping her on the leg. The woman said it was unrelated.

Burke said to the witness that maybe the incident at Dedam's house didn't happen. "It happened," she responded.

Burke brought up that the witness made her statement to police in 2014 just as Dedam was planning to run for chief once again. The woman said she was unaware Dedam was about to run for office again.

In the first week of the trial, two women have testified in the trial that Dedam sexually abused them when they were teenagers.

Dedam, 62, is on trial for six sex-related charges involving three alleged victims between 1977 and 1985.

The Court of Queen's Bench trial is being presided over by Justice Tracey DeWare and being heard by a jury of six men and six women.