Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!
3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here
Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
Big Sentences, Star Gymnasts Find Their Voice in Congress - Today's P&P List
30 y/o Man gets 30 year sentence for CSA - Iowa
Bail-jumper wanted on 12 counts CSA, repatriated - Oklahoma
Psychologist's conviction vacated, gets new trial for CSA - New Hampshire
Star gymnasts find their voice on CSA at Congress - Washington
33 y/o facing possible 99 years for CSA, indecency - Texas
Idaho man gets 40 years for CSA of girl in his care - Idaho
Pervert sentenced to 205 years for 10 counts of CSA on 5 boys - Iowa
Northwood man to serve up to 30 years for
child sex abuse
Of course, he has nothing to do with Northwoods Ministries
A Northwood man accused of sexually abusing a child under age 12 was sentenced this week to up to 30 years in prison.
Gerad Lee Kuhlmann, 30, entered an Alford plea earlier this month to three felony counts of third-degree sexual abuse, according to Worth County District Court documents.
In an Alford plea a defendant does not admit guilt but acknowledges the state can likely prove the charge.
Kuhlmann was sentenced Monday to up to 10 years in prison on each count. District Court Judge Gregg Rosenbladt ruled the sentences must be served consecutively, for a total prison term of up to 30 years.
Good judge! God bless you.
After he is released from prison, Kuhlmann will be under lifetime supervision by the Iowa Department of Corrections, with eligibility for parole.
He also must register as a sex offender when he is released from prison.
Three $1,000 fines were suspended, but Kuhlmann must pay court costs and a $250 civil penalty.
Troopers fly to Mexico border to bring child sex abuse suspect back to Oklahoma
By Harrison Grimwood Tulsa World
Following an international manhunt, an Oklahoma man wanted on 12 counts of child sexual abuse was brought back Monday to be incarcerated.
Billy Durfey, 43, allegedly jumped his bail in December 2014. He resided in Mexico for about two years before authorities removed him to the border town of Laredo, Texas, where he fought extradition back to Oklahoma.
After failing to prevent extradition, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers and U.S. marshals flew him from Texas to Garvin County, Oklahoma, Trooper Dwight Durant said.
“The U.S. marshals apprehended him in Mexico,” Durant said. “I’m not sure how all that went down. But we flew down to Laredo to get him.”
Durfey was out on bond while facing the 12 counts. He allegedly cut off his ankle monitor in 2014 and fled to Mexico.
The 12 counts stem from 2012 allegations that Durfey sexually abused a girl who was known to him, according to court records. The girl was 12 years old when the alleged abuse began.
“I’m glad,” Durant said. “He has to come back and answer for this.”
Subsequent to Durfey’s disappearance, Garvin County prosecutors charged him with bond jumping, according to court records.
Garvin Co., OK
Former NH child psychologist convicted of
child sex abuse gets new trial
CONCORD — A former child psychologist who was convicted of fondling a 12-year-old patient was granted a new trial Tuesday.
Foad Afshar was accused of sexual assaulting a client by inappropriately touching them. On June 17, 2016, the jury found him guilty, and on Aug. 26, he was sentenced to serve three to six years in prison and has been behind bars since.
A Merrimack County Superior Court Judge vacated Afshar's conviction and sentence and reinstated his prior bail after the court learned that two of the jurors in his initial hearing had failed to disclose that they had been victims of childhood sexual abuse.
Afshar's lawyers said they did not disclose their status as victims when the judge, during jury selection, asked all jurors if they had ever been “victimized” by any other person, even if the crime was never prosecuted. One of the two jurors also failed to disclose that he had been a victim of other crimes as well.
During jury deliberations, both jurors disclosed to the entire jury that they had been the victim of childhood sexual abuse. According to Afshar's legal team, the jurors acknowledged that when they made that disclosure, the jury was still divided as to whether Afshar was guilty or not guilty. After these disclosures, the jury reached verdicts of guilty.
Afshar's lawyers filed a 54-page Motion for New Trial, arguing that Afshar’s fundamental rights to due process — an impartial jury and a fair trial — were violated by the selection of the two jurors. The state objected, and the court scheduled a hearing for Feb. 22, 2017, where it heard the testimony of both jurors.
On Tuesday, the court determined that both of the jurors were biased, could not be impartial, and would have been excused during jury selection if they had disclosed their childhood victimization when asked.
The court made clear that it was expressing no view “as to the correctness of the verdict,” but it did reason that the two jurors “bias went to the heart of the matter in dispute, the credibility of the complainant. Such a bias necessarily produced the jurors’ verdicts and deprived the defendant of an impartial jury. The court concludes that justice was not done, and the equities require a new trial.”
Dozens of people, including friends, family, prior patients and their families attended Afshar's hearing to show their support, even after his conviction.
Star gymnasts testify at Congress about
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
1996 Olympic Gold Medalist Dominique Moceanu (R) testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Capitol Hill, March 28, 2017, during a hearing about sexual, emotional and physical abuse by USA Gymnastics officials.Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Retired star gymnasts testified before Congress on Tuesday that they were sexually abused by a former USA Gymnastics doctor and recommended a bill that requires tougher sex-abuse reporting for Olympic sports.
Jamie Dantzscher, a 2000 Olympic bronze medalist, and three-time national champion rhythmic gymnast Jessica Howard recounted their experiences before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
They told the committee of their abuses by Dr. Larry Nassar, who is in jail without bond in Michigan and also faces federal child pornography charges.
"USA Gymnastics failed its most basic responsibility to protect the athletes under its care," Dantzscher said through tears.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California is co-sponsoring a bill that requires organizations overseeing Olympic sports to immediately report sex-abuse allegations to law enforcement or child-welfare authorities.
The bill and proposed changes to the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act come in the aftermath of the sex abuse scandal that led to the resignation of USA Gymnastics President Steve Penny.
"They failed to take action against coaches, trainers and other adults who abused children," Dantzscher said. "And they allowed Dr. Nassar to abuse young women and girls for more than 20 years."
Penny is a co-defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by Dantzscher, who has accused Nassar of sexual abuse.
Dominique Moceanu, a 1996 gold medalist, described a "culture of fear, intimidation and humiliation, established by Bela and Marta Karolyi." The legendary coaches are named in Dantzscher's civil lawsuit for physical abuse.
U.S. Olympic Committee official Rick Adams and Stafford County (Va.) Commonwealth's Attorney Eric Olsen also testified. Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, the committee chairman, criticized USA Gymnastics for declining to testify.
USA Gymnastics said in a statement it "cares deeply" about the issues raised in the hearing and supports the bill. It said chairman Paul Parilla or another official did not appear because of pending litigation.
Moceanu, now an advocate, spoke about emotional and verbal abuse during her time with USA Gymnastics. She said there is an "urgent need" to change the culture of the organization.
Howard said, "It has become glaringly obvious that USA Gymnastics has not done nearly enough to protect athletes from any form of abuse."
Feinstein, who has been critical of USA Gymnastics' handling of the sex-abuse scandal, said she met two months ago with former gymnasts who were abused as teenagers and carried the trauma with them as adults. Dantzscher and Howard said they didn't realize as teenagers that Nassar had abused them.
"Dr. Nassar acted as the good guy, supporting me emotionally and promising me relief from the pain," Howard said. "Now I know that in actuality he expertly abused me under the guise of 'treatment.'"
Nassar also was the doctor for Michigan State University's gymnastics team. He's been charged with sexually assaulting young gymnasts in the Lansing area and faces lawsuits from dozens of former athletes. He has denied wrongdoing.
As part of the proposed legislation, governing bodies under the USOC umbrella would be required to report allegations of sexual abuse to law enforcement and train employees on how to handle situations. The statute of limitations for victims to sue their abusers would be extended.
"Young athletes should not have to fear victimization from coaches, doctors and other officials," Feinstein said at a news conference after the hearing.
Retired gymnast Jeanette Antolin said at the news conference she was sexually abused by her first coach. She praised the proposed legislation, saying,
"for so long we felt like we had no voice."
Jury selection to begin Tuesday in Bowie County
child sex abuse case
By Field Walsh
A panel of prospective jurors is expected to report to the Bowie County courthouse Tuesday morning for jury selection in a child sex abuse case.
Daniel Mooneyham, 33, of Hooks, Texas, is accused of two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one count of indecency with a child involving two victims in 2011 and 2014. Mooneyham has pleaded not guilty to the charges. He is represented by Texarkana attorney Kristian Young.
If convicted of indecency with a child by sexual contact, Mooneyham faces two to 20 years in prison. If convicted of aggravated sexual assault of a child, Mooneyham faces five to 99 years or life in prison on each of the two pending counts.
According to indictments handed down by a grand jury in 2015, Mooneyham abused a girl under the age of 14 in 2011 which led to the aggravated sexual assault charges. The sexual indecency case involves an alleged victim younger than 17.
First Assistant District Attorney and Assistant District Attorney Katie Carter are representing the state. The case is assigned to 202nd District Judge John Tidwell.
Opening arguments and witness testimony are scheduled to begin Wednesday at the Bowie County courthouse in New Boston, Texas.
Caldwell man gets 40 years for child porn, sex abuse
District Judge Juneal Kerrick sentenced a 38-year-old man on Monday to 40 years in prison for making child pornography and sexually abusing a minor.
Jason Travis Simon, of Caldwell, was arrested after an Amber Alert had been issued for three children he was believed to be with in June. At the time, law enforcement said he was traveling with his girlfriend, Sarah Joy VanOcker-Dunn, and the children.
He pleaded guilty to eight felony counts of manufacturing sexually exploitative material and one felony count of sexual abuse of a minor younger than 16.
Kerrick sentenced Simon to 10 years fixed, followed 20 years indeterminate, on the eight counts of making child porn and 10 years indeterminate for the sexual abuse of a minor charge.
The sentences will run consecutively for a total unified sentence of 40 years in prison.
Simon was arrested in June on a felony warrant following an investigation by the Ada County Sheriff’s Office and Caldwell Police Department that revealed he was in possession of multiple images of child pornography, including several photos and videos showing an 8-year-old girl that were manufactured by Simon himself.
The victim later told detectives that Simon, who was in a position of trust with the victim, was the one who took the pictures and videos of her. She told detectives that she and Simon would go on secret “dates” together and that he would offer her candy and money in exchange for her cooperation.
“Frankly, I’ve never had a case that concerned me like this has in terms of long-term impact on the victim and the long-term harm you pose,” Kerrick said at sentencing, according to a Canyon County news release.
Kerrick also ordered Simon to register as a sex offender, submit a DNA sample to the Idaho DNA database, and have no contact with the victim or her family for the duration of the sentence. Simon was also ordered to pay a $5,000 civil penalty.
“Mr. Simon used his position of trust with this innocent young girl to groom her and incentivize her into doing things that no young girl should ever have to do,” said Canyon County Prosecutor Bryan Taylor in the news release. “This was a horrific crime that is going to have a lasting impact on a lot of people, and I’m thankful that Mr. Simon will be behind bars so they can begin the healing process.”
Man sentenced to 205 years in prison for
child sex abuse
DES MOINES, Iowa —
A Boone man has been sentenced to 205 years in prison after he was convicted of sexually abusing five boys, three of whom were under the age of 12.
Thirty-eight-year-old Ryan Christopher Barnhardt must serve a mandatory 122 1/2 years before he’s eligible for parole, the judge said.
A jury found Barnhardt guilty in February of seven counts of second-degree sexual abuse and three counts of third-degree sexual abuse.