Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Tuesday, 21 March 2017

40 Viewers Watch 15yo Girl Sexually Assaulted on Facebook Live, Fail to Call Police

© Armin Durgut / www.globallookpress.com

Police in Chicago have revealed that a 15-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by several young men while the attack streamed on Facebook Live. The incident was viewed by some 40 people, none of whom reported it to the authorities.

The attack on Deahvion Austin, which was reportedly carried out by five or six teenage boys or young men, was streamed live on the social media site. 

However, police were oblivious to it until the girl's mother approached Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson in the Lawndale neighborhood of the city's West Side on Monday, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

She told him that her daughter had been missing since leaving home to go to the store on Sunday, and showed him screenshots of the alleged assault, AP reported.

The teen's mother, Stacey Elkins, learned of the video from the girl's uncle, who came across it online.

“I just want her home,” Elkins said Monday, as quoted by WGN Chicago. “I just want to make sure she’s OK because I know she’s probably scared and embarrassed. I just want her back home."

Johnson immediately ordered detectives to investigate the attack, and the police department asked Facebook to remove the video, which it did.

The girl was later reunited with her family after being located by detectives, Guglielmi tweeted Tuesday, adding that authorities are conducting interviews.

The spokesman said Johnson was "visibly upset" after he watched the video, due to its content and the fact that "40 or so live viewers" failed to call the authorities.

“What’s even more disturbing – more than the fact that they did this – (is that) there were so many people that saw this and they didn’t pick up the phone and dial 911,” Johnson told WGN on Monday. “That’s just not right and [we’re] working on it and trying to bring it to a successful resolution."

A successful resolution would be charging everyone of those 40 viewers with accessory to a sexual assault.

The incident comes less than three months after a Chicago teen with mental disabilities was tortured in a Facebook Live video. The footage showed four African-American suspects cutting and repeatedly hitting the victim while shouting "F* Donald Trump! F* white people!"

Suicides have also become a rising problem on Facebook Live, with the social media site's founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg vowing to find ways to prevent such tragedies in a letter to users last month.

"There have been terribly tragic events — like suicides, some live streamed — that perhaps could have been prevented if someone had realized what was happening and reported them sooner," he wrote at the time.

Facebook began airing its Live feature last year. Since then, it has been promoting the tool on the site, calling it a "fun, powerful way to connect with your followers and create new ones along the way."