Former North Vancouver teacher guilty of 9 historic sex offences dating back to 1970s
A former North Vancouver school teacher has been convicted of sexually assaulting students decades ago.
Brian Moore, 85, faced a dozen charges including indecent assault, sexual touching and sexual assault. He was found guilty of nine of those counts at North Vancouver Provincial Court on Thursday.
The court heard the historic assaults involved 11- and 12-year-old boys, mostly while he was working as a teacher at Upper Lynn Valley Elementary between 1970 and 1982.
The trial heard that Moore set up situations during class trips that would allow him to sexually touch his victims.
Outside the court, one of the victims — whose identity is protected by a publication ban — said it was a satisfying end to a long journey.
“So the day I testified and held him accountable and he was charged was more of an impactful moment to make sure that he wasn’t able to just wander into the night quietly.”
No fear of that! He would, and will, still have to stand before Jesus Christ and give an accounting.
A date has yet to be set for Moore to be sentenced.
Major child sexual abuse platform dismantled – Europol

One of the world’s largest child sexual abuse platforms, with nearly two million users, has been dismantled in a major international operation, Europol has reported.
The ‘KidFlix’ streaming service, launched in 2021, hosted more than 91,000 videos. Around 1.8 million users worldwide logged on to the platform over a three-year period.
According to a press statement issued by Europol this week, more than 35 countries participated in the operation, which resulted in the network being shut down by German and Dutch authorities in March.
‘Operation Stream’ was the largest child sexual exploitation case ever handled by Europol and one of the biggest investigations supported by the agency in recent years, it said.
The investigation into the service, launched in 2022, has so far led to 79 arrests and the identification of nearly 1,400 suspects. Some of those detained were not only consumers of the material but also direct perpetrators of abuse, according to Europol.
Unlike similar platforms, Kidflix allowed users not only to download but also to stream child sexual abuse material.
Europol’s Executive Director Catherine de Bolle said the rise of digital technology had driven a rapid evolution in online child sexual exploitation.
“Some attempt to frame this as merely a technical or cyber issue – but it is not. There are real victims behind these crimes, and those victims are children,” she said.
The amount of online child sexual abuse material has surged in recent years, with 2024 marking the worst year on record, according to the UK-based Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). The IWF has reported an 830% increase in abusive imagery since it began tracking such material in 2014.
Every year is a record year for CSAM. And that will always be the case until Jesus returns.