Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!
3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here
Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour
Thursday, 8 June 2017
Pedophiles and Perverts List from Around the World Today
Stories from USA - 3; Australia - 2; UK - 1; Colombia - 1; Canada - 1
Utah bounce house operator arrested for
child sex abuse
HEBER CITY, Utah – The operator of a Heber City bounce house and water slide business has been arrested for child sex abuse.
Heber City Police said 33-year-old Bryce Johnson is facing three counts of First Degree Felony Aggravated Sexual Abuse of a Child.
Police said Johnson is the owner/operator of Fun Stuff, LLC., which operates Heber Bounce, a bounce house/water slide entertainment company with other business interests involving children. The company also operates several business that offer ice skating lessons and coaching: “Going For Gold”, “Midway Learn to Skate” and “Ice Kidpade”
Johnson operated the skating lessons and training out of the Midway City Ice Rink.
So far, three juvenile victims have come forward. According to a statement of probable cause, a 10-year-old boy reported that Johnson paid him $50 to pose for pictures while wearing just his underwear. As this was happening, the man also pressured the boy into inappropriate sexual contact with another juvenile in the home.
The victim told police Johnson drove him home afterward and repeatedly instructed the boy to lie to his mother by saying he earned the $50 putting up bounce houses. The boy told his sister about what happened, which led to the authorities being informed.
Another incident occurred at the Midway City Ice Rink, where the man touched the boy inappropriately. Another boy, now 12, told police that when he was 10 he worked for Johnson at the ice rink and that the man had paid him $50 to pose for photos “like a model” in various states of undress. The boy also told police the man touched him inappropriately and told him he loved him.
The boy also said Johnson asked him to cuddle, and on another occasion the man allegedly offered the boy money to “make out with him.” The boy named six other minors who allegedly received similar offers from the man.
Officers said they suspect there may be additional potential victims due to Johnson’s proximity to so many children.
Heber officers are asking parents to talk with their children and immediately report any possible abuse or related information to police at (435) 657-7971.
Johnson is in the Wasatch County Jail on a $100,000 cash-only bond.
Washington man faces 12 child rape & molestation charges
A Longview, WA man already charged with sexually abusing three young girls now faces new allegations that he abused a fourth girl during a nine-year span starting 23 years ago.
Cowlitz County Superior Court Judge Stephen Warning found probable cause Wednesday to charge Randy Allen Goforth, 50, with additional child sex abuse charges. Warning kept bail at $100,000.
Goforth now faces 12 rape and molestation charges. His cases have been consolidated into one, and he will be arraigned at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
On June 1, a 29-year-old woman told Longview police that Goforth had repeatedly sexually assaulted her while she was between 6 and 14 years old. The woman told police that Goforth would caress her hair and legs. Then, when she was 6 or 7, Goforth sexually assaulted her digitally, according to court records.
The woman said she recalled waking up and “found the clothes on her lower half had been removed,” and that when she looked at Goforth, he “looked like he was sleeping,” according to court records.
Then, when the woman was 7 or 8, Goforth had sexual intercourse with her, according to court records. The woman said it happened so often she couldn’t recall the very first time. The woman also told police that when she was in the fourth grade she had the first set of “Sex Ed talks” and was “worried that she could be pregnant because of the acts Goforth had done to her,” according to court records.
Goforth appeared in court last week on charges that he recently sexually assaulted two girls ages 11 and 15. In addition, a now-21-year-old woman said Goforth sexually abused her between the ages of 9 and 17, according to court records.
Goforth faces charges of three counts of first-degree rape of a child, one count of second-degree rape of a child, two counts of third-degree rape of a child, two counts of second-degree rape, two counts of first-degree child molestation, one count of first-degree child molestation (domestic violence) and one count third-degree child molestation.
Texas man indicted again on
child sexual abuse charges
Brooke Crum , Abilene Reporter-News
A Taylor County grand jury indicted an Abilene man Thursday on two charges of indecency with a child, a month after he was indicted in the continuous sexual abuse of two girls.
Howard Dee Sturgis, 56, faces charges in 2007 and 2014 cases in which he is accused of molesting an 8-year-old girl and a young boy, respectively, according to the indictments.
In both cases, the abuse occurred on many separate occasions.
Additionally, Sturgis and a 29-year-old woman, Chelsea Diaz, are accused of sexually abusing two young girls, both under 10, for a period of more than two years.
Sturgis remains in the Taylor County Jail in lieu of a $300,000 bond, according to jail records.
In addition to the sexual abuse, the couple reportedly used a spray called "jungle juice" they would put on a rag and make the girls smell before assaulting them, according to the indictment. Sturgis told police he used the spray as an intoxicant.
The continuous sexual abuse of a child charge is a first-degree felony punishable by five years to life in prison and a fine up to $10,000.
The indecency with a child charge is a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine not to exceed $10,000.
The grand jury indicted another Abilene man in relation to
sexual abuse of a child
Marshall Keith Carter, 20, faces a charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child in connection with a 2014 case, according to the indictment.
Carter is accused of molesting a boy under 14 for a period of a year. He allegedly confessed the abuse to police during an interview, according to court documents.
Carter was released from the Taylor County Jail on Aug. 1 on a $40,000 bond, according to jail records.
Police concede investigation into child sex abuse allegations of South Australian arts figure took too long
Nigel Hunt, Exclusive, The Advertiser
A WELL-KNOWN arts identity continued working with young people and children for 18 months while police investigated allegations of child sex abuse made against him.
Senior police have conducted an internal inquiry to determine why the investigation languished for so long, with senior officers on Thursday conceding it “took longer than it should have”.
In addition to examining that case, an audit of all suburban CIB units was ordered after the man’s arrest last month to ascertain how many other serious investigations had been under way for such a lengthy time and why, The Advertiser has learned.
All suburban CIB units have extreme workloads and it is understood this was one factor that contributed to the delay in dealing with his case.
Adelaide Hills, SA
The man, from the Adelaide Hills, was charged in late April with six counts of unlawful sexual intercourse, five counts of aggravated indecent assault and one count of persistent exploitation of a child.
The charges relate to two girls he was in close contact with through his occupation between 1990 and 1992.
It is understood the investigation was launched when one victim made a complaint to police.
The second victim was located as a result of subsequent investigations.
“South Australia Police acknowledge that this matter took longer than it should have for a number of reasons to reach the point where a ... man from the Adelaide Hills was arrested and charged for a range of sex-related offences,” a police spokesman said.
“This was a difficult and complex matter which is now before the courts.”
It's not too complex to know that a probable pedophile should not be working with children. At some point you had to know he was a high risk and yet you did nothing! Good grief!
Police would not elaborate on the reasons for the delay or respond to questions concerning the results of the audit of ongoing investigations.
The man resigned from his position five days after his arrest.
He will appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday to answer the charges for the first time.
Arts Minister Jack Snelling declined to comment on why the man was allowed to continue working with young people and children while under investigation, referring inquiries to the Department for State Development.
After two days of deliberations, the department also declined to comment.
Colombia ceasefire observers report 2nd case of
child sex abuse
written by Adriaan Alsema
Months after observers of a ceasefire between Colombia’s government and FARC guerrillas reported a soldier had raped an 11 year-old-girl, on Monday they reported a FARC guerrilla had tried to rape two minors inside a demobilization camp.
The three-party commission confirmed that the guerrilla tried to rape two girls aged nine and three in a demobilization camp in the Antioquia province, but was caught by fellow-demobilizing guerrillas who reported the suspect to the observers.
Antioquia Province, Colombia
The guerrilla has since deserted and has been expelled by the FARC, the guerrilla leadership said, meaning the former FARC member will have to face civilian justice for the double attempted rape and crimes he may have committed during the armed conflict.
The observing commission considered the attempted rape one of three “serious violations” together with the recent incursion of members of the military in a FARC demobilization camp.
According to the commission, the captain and at least one subordinate ignored FARC warnings after a guerrilla guard shot the soldier in the leg.
Colombia army captain shot by guerrilla guards after entering FARC demobilization zone
The last serious violation was the violation by the military of a no-fly zone above a FARC camp.
The one rape and one attempted double rape case highlights how common sexual violence among the actors in the 52-year-long armed conflict between the FARC and the State, that included multiple other illegal armed actors.
Sexual violence is a customary, extended, systematic and
invisible practice within the context of the Colombian
armed conflict, as is sexual exploitation and abuse.
According to the National Center for Historic Memory, more than 1,750 Colombians, mainly women and children, have fallen victim to sexual violence either by paramilitaries, guerrillas or members of the security forces.
Antioquia Province, Colombia
Child sexual abuse charges laid against
dozens of men in Pilbara region
By Briana Shepherd
Dozens of alleged paedophiles have been arrested across the Pilbara region as part of a police crackdown on child sex abuse.
Police would not confirm the number of men charged or how many offences were allegedly committed.
But reports in the local newspaper stated more than 30 men had been charged with almost 300 counts of child sex abuse during a nine-month operation across areas including Roebourne (seen left) and Karratha.
Minister for Child Protection Simone McGurk said it was a distressing situation and the Government was providing significant resources to address the issue.
"We've got child protection workers, specialist police officers and other dedicated resources on the ground giving support to the families and the community," she said.
"I'd like to acknowledge the strength of the children, the families … who have the courage to come forward.
"Actually coming forward is a first step in systemic change."
Ms McGurk said reports that a large number of those arrested were men from remote communities should not be a focus.
"I think it would be a mistake if we think that child safety is an issue that's confined to a particular community or geographical location," she said.
"The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Sex Abuse I think has highlighted that."
A statement from police said the operation "deals with sensitive matters and is ongoing".
"As such, the Commissioner of Police won't be adding to any public commentary at this time," the statement read.
Latest in a string of charges
Since September last year the ABC has reported on at least eleven men from the region being charged with child sex offences.
The accused range in age from 22 to 69, with some of the allegations involving historical child sex abuse.
In February it was announced eight additional detectives had been sent to the area to address a rise in crime.
Pilbara District Superintendent Paul Coombes told the ABC at the time the extra officers would target child sex abuse and high-end crime in the Pilbara.
In September last year police made a public announcement to residents encouraging them to report child abuse.
If you or anyone you know needs help:
Lifeline on 13 11 14
Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36
Headspace on 1800 650 890
The call came following the arrest of three men from Roebourne for a number of offences including indecently dealing with a child and sexual penetration of a child over 13.
The Commissioner for Children Colin Petit said in a statement he was pleased the "diligent and focused investigations had occurred in Roebourne and nearby towns".
"Particularly that children and young people have felt confident to come forward and speak with police and staff from other agencies," his statement said.
"This situation exemplifies how vital it is for children and young people being actively supported to speak out when they are scared or concerned about their safety, wherever they are in the state."
"I have asked agencies to ensure that the children and young people involved, and their parents or carers, receive support and therapeutic or healing services as the investigation and court processes continue."
Mr Petit concluded that once the process was over it was important a strong preventative approach be established in the community.
Pilbara - northwestern Western Australia
UK Dragon's Den star's child sex abuse trial nears conclusion as jury deliberates
By Huw Wales
The jury hearing the case of a former Dragon's Den contestant from Hoddesdon accused of multiple child sex offences has been sent out.
Richard Hazell, 48, who runs the business 365 Drills from his home, is charged with seven counts of sexual assault of a child under 13, two counts of taking and seven of making indecent photos.
Earlier today the jury at St Albans Crown Court was sent out to deliberate their verdict after a two-week trial.
Woman sexually assaulted in Edmonton after road stop by fake peace officer
Video of terrifying encounter with man in uniform released in hopes of identifying a suspect
Alberta, Canada - A female driver police described as "very brave" was pulled over early Sunday by someone posing as a peace officer, and then forcibly confined and sexually assaulted in an ordeal that lasted for an hour.
Using her cellphone, the woman secretly shot video of her attacker, footage that has now been shared by police.
The woman was driving home on Anthony Henday Drive near 127th Street about 1:30 a.m. when she was directed to pull over by a vehicle with flashing lights.
A man wearing a uniform got out of a white Nissan Rogue, walked up and asked the woman to come back to his vehicle.
"He approached the vehicle in the same way we would approach a vehicle," acting Staff Sgt. Barry Fairhurst said at a news conference Wednesday. "He identified himself as a peace officer, and asked her to exit the vehicle."
The woman complied, police said, because she assumed the man was a peace officer.
The man threatened the woman, implying that he wouldn't charge her if she performed sexual acts on him. The woman was then driven to the area of Borden Park, more than 15 kilometres away, where she was sexually assaulted. The man then drove the victim to her residence, police said.
"When she was being driven home afterwards, she was able to pull her phone out and take some discreet photos," Fairhurst said. "It was approximately an hour duration of time from the vehicle stop to when the female was dropped off at home."
The attacker was thought to have been driving a white Nissan Rogue between the model years 2007 to 2013. He is described as Caucasian, 25 to 30 years old, with a thin build and short brown hair. He was wearing what appeared to be a navy blue peace officer's uniform.
Police are asking for the public's assistance in locating the man.
The police investigation has progressed since the victim made her report on Monday, Fairhurst said.
"We've already received quite a few tips as to who this possibly could be."
'It's rare, but we do hear about it'
Fairhurst said police don't think the attacker was targeting anyone but was simply looking for a woman alone in a vehicle.
"I think she's very brave," he said of the victim. "And I think part of her reasoning coming forward is she didn't want any other females becoming victims on the road."
Drivers who are pulled over and are unsure about whether they've been stopped by a legitimate police officer should lock their doors and call 911, he said. Operators on the line can quickly confirm whether police are involved.
Instances of people impersonating police or peace officers are rare in Canada, with only one or two cases a year, an expert in policing issues said.
"It's a scary idea," said Michael Kempa, an associate professor of criminology at the University of Ottawa.
"It's featured in a lot of Hollywood films … where someone you're meant to trust, a police officer, turns out to be not what they were showing themselves to be.
"It's scary, so we notice it, it does happen. The public should be aware, and pay attention to the warning signs."
'If ... they really don't want to show you their badge or their identification,
you should call 911.'
- Michael Kempa, associate professor, University of Ottawa
Impersonating a police officer is an offence that can carry up to a five-year prison term, depending on the severity, he added.
It's not hard to purchase an outfit and alter it to look like a police uniform, Kempa said, but actual police officers carry identification — usually a badge and a picture identity card from the police organization they work for.
Fairhurst said the attacker's uniform was not familiar to local police.
"I don't think it's similar to an Edmonton city police officer's uniform," he said. "We're actually looking for the public's assistance in identifying the exact unit that crest would be associated to."
Members of the public have the right to ask to see a police officer's identification, Kempa said.
"If ... they really don't want to show you their badge or their identification, you should call 911," he said. "It's not tying up the lines and they can verify for you very quickly whether or not that's an actual police officer."