Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Thursday 1 October 2020

My Trans Friend - Would You Believe?


Jenn Smith is a trans person and a Facebook friend since about the beginning of 2020. I am an evangelical Christian! Many of my evangelical friends may not consider me to be a typical evangelical, and this post will not rectify that. 

Jenn is running for Member of the Provincial Legislature in Victoria, British Columbia, and I am supporting him with a little publicity through FB and my blog. 

Why is an evangelical Christian supporting a trans person for Legislature; it would seem counterintuitive? Here is where I learned something important about myself. I learned that I don't hate LGBTQ2SI people because they are LGBTQ2SI. In fact, I don't hate them at all. I am concerned, as a Christian, about their spiritual well-being on that Day when we all stand in Judgment. What I do dislike about LGBTQQ2SI is that many of them hate us evangelical Christians, and, it appears to me, will do what they can to destroy Christianity as many of my blog posts on my other blog will attest - search 'War on Christianity'.

But, Jenn is a different breed, intelligent, brutally honest, open, and fair. Jenn sees things with a perspective that very few people are gifted with. He sees the phenomenal damage being done to a generation of children through programs like SOGI123 - school programs that teach children that their sexuality is fluid, their biological gender doesn't matter, they can be whatever they want to be. In the UK, this policy coupled with social media has led to a spectacular rise in teenage, or preteen girls deciding to transition to boys. The consequence of that is an equally spectacular rise in attempted suicides by girls who transitioned to boys - one study puts it at 51%. It is probably rising every year. 

Jenn also sees the way that Christians are being treated by governments and agencies that are heavily influenced by the LGBTQ2SI lobbies. Jenn writes about that here. 

You don't have to like Jenn, but you have to admire his perspective, courage, honesty and willingness to be trampled by a hoard of lesser-minded people. 


Jenn Smith


Let me just say, having spoken to many people over the last two days, while I was raised in Christian homes as a foster child I am not a practicing Christian. But my interactions recently and over the last almost four years with the Christian community makes me clear about one thing: the Christian community has been horribly mistreated, defamed, and disrespected. Most Christians are just good decent people and the media and government have continually used the worst examples as the alleged norm for Christians. This must end. Our government talks about respecting Christians, but that talk means nothing when almost everything they do ignores the Christian community. SOGI 123 was one of the best examples of the government showing enormous disrespect and contempt for the values and concerns of the Christian community. What kind of "inclusion" excludes one of the largest demographics in BC? Our government must seek to include ALL citizens and respect ALL citizens. As one of the foundational stones that built this county that we love, they have been treated so poorly by our government and establishment that I, as a non-Christian, regard it as an embarrassment. 

I have defended Christians and Christian values for years now, and I will continue to do so, and I believe it is more critical than ever to do so because the division and anger in our society has begun penetrating Christianity as well. For those that value peace and justice, that trend must be stopped and the path towards doing so must include respecting the Christian community.  Despite the crazy protests that have been launched against me over the past couple years, I am actually not a voice for division. I am a voice for unity and mutual respect. We can disagree with each other, hold different views, but we are all our brothers and sisters and we should be treating each other this way. But the way society has been treating Christians in recent years is inexcusable. Just like everybody else, Christians deserve a respected and respectful seat at the table of decision making in British Columbia.


No comments:

Post a Comment