Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Monday, 10 July 2017

3 Stories from the UK and 2 from New Zealand on Today's Global P&P List

150 CSA victims, 295 crimes, 11 arrests in football scandal - Scotland
Jury set to retire in CSA case in Plymouth - England
Pervert gets 'sent to his room' for destroying boy - New Zealand
2 of 3 victims of chronic CSA forgive pervert - New Zealand
PMs Brown and Major to give evidence a CSA inquiry - UK

More than 150 people have reported child sex abuse at Scottish football clubs, say police

A major investigation into child sexual abuse in football continues, and police are urging anyone yet to come forward to do so

More than 150 people have reported being sexually abused as a child in a football setting and some 295 crimes have been recorded, according to the latest figures from Police Scotland.

The authority’s investigation into child sexual abuse in football continues, and head of public protection, Detective Chief Superintendent Lesley Boal, has released details of information received between autumn last year and the present day.

She commented: “Between November 25, 2016 and June 30, 2017 Police Scotland has been contacted directly or indirectly, via the NSPCC and SFA helpline, by 162 individuals wishing to report or provide information about child sexual abuse in football.

“In addition, Police Scotland has proactively made contact with a number of victims and witnesses.

“As of June 30, 11 people have been arrested; more than 150 people have reported being sexually abused as a child within a football club setting and 295 crimes have been recorded.

“Investigations of this nature are highly complex. However, having a dedicated specialist investigation team; major incident administrative system and analytical support we are confident that our investigations, which are risk focused, are progressing well.

“I would wish to thank each and every person who has engaged with the National Child Abuse Investigation Unit.

“We understand how difficult this can be, which is why we work closely with other agencies to ensure that support and advocacy services are available to meet individual needs.

“Many people came forward last year after Andy Woodward bravely waived his right to anonymity. Others have come forward since then and continue to do so.”

The DCS Boal added an appeal for anyone yet to come forward to do so, adding: “You are absolutely not alone - we will listen; we will investigate regardless of where or when the abuse occurred and we will take prompt action to ensure that no-one else is at risk of harm.‎

“We would ask anyone who has concerns or information about any person who may pose a risk to children or who may have abused a child to contact Police Scotland on 101 or their local social work department.”

Jury in Plymouth child sex abuse trial due to retire tomorrow

By sabel  

The jury in the trial of a man accused of sexually abusing a girl more than 15 years ago is expected to retire to consider its verdicts tomorrow.

Scott Barton, aged 42, denies indecently touching the girl four times, usually as she watched television.

Barton of Rydal Close, Estover, has pleaded not guilty at Plymouth Crown Court to four counts of indecent assault against the youngster in 2000 and 2001.

He also denies another charge of attempted rape – an alternative to one of the alleged assaults.

Pervert gets 'sent to his room' for destroying boy

Child sex assault victim wanted to kill North Canterbury abuser Peter Lindsay Armitage 

Man sexually abused by Peter Armitage talks about the effects it had on him and the lack of justice in the courts

George* was suicidal at 15, alcoholic at 16 and, by age 18, thinking about murder.

He traces his deterioration to six episodes of sexual abuse, which started when he was 8. 

The 47-year-old's life has been troubled since. His first marriage ended in the late 90s, he does not see his children and has battled an alcohol addiction. In 2007, he had a workplace accident and has been on ACC ever since.

Last week, in the Christchurch District Court, he stood metres from the man who abused him and who he thought about murdering.

Former poultry farmer Peter Lindsay Armitage, now 72, was sentenced to 12 months' home detention and ordered to pay $5000 reparation after an earlier guilty plea.

It was the culmination of a two-and-half-year police prosecution, but George still felt robbed of justice.

Armitage and his wife, Joan, knew George's mother through mutual friends and they associated in the same social circles.

Due to the mother's work commitments, Armitage and his wife were asked to babysit the 8-year-old on a couple of occasions at their poultry farm on North Eyre Rd, in Ohoka, north of Christchurch.

When George met Armitage for the first time everything seemed fine. Armitage appeared to be an ordinary, hard-working farmer. "There was nothing really to fear at all."

That night George was woken to find Armitage touching him under the blanket.

"I was asleep, there was no other way of avoiding the situation," George recalls. "It was very confusing to wake up and find a man's hand under the blanket."

Each time George was assaulted Armitage would tell him it was "normal and their little secret".

"The whole time I was not understanding why this was happening, and just perhaps this was just something that happened to all kids."

George thought about the abuse daily growing up. "I hated my life, I hated people, I didn't make any friends because I trusted nobody."

At one point George contemplated killing Armitage. Going to prison did not bother George, but he knew it would not erase the abuse.

His parents were "shocked and sickened" when they eventually found out. His wife of 17 years finds it "disgusting". At his death bed in 2013, George's father apologised for not being there for him. He replied: "You weren't there because you never knew."

In 2015, George decided he'd had enough of living with the secret. It was time to tell police. It was a nerve-wracking experience.

"It was so long ago, a lot of emotions were going through my head. Am I doing the right thing? Are they going to believe me?"

He ended up speaking with Detective Marc Boodee for a two-and-a-half hours. George says Boodee was "sincere and really wanted to help."

Armitage, who has no previous convictions, denied any offending when he was first interviewed by police. During a second interview, he admitted pulling the victim's pants down and looking at his penis.

"In explanation, the defendant stated that he agonised all his life with the size of his own penis and looked at the complainant's penis for comparison," the police summary of facts said. 

By the end of the sentencing last week George wondered if it was worth it. "It just triggered a lot of memories and it was uncomfortable," he said. "I believe I was robbed of any justice.

"Twelve months home detention is all he got and I've been living basically in a home detention myself for 38 years."

This is disgraceful! It's akin to being sent to his room. New Zealand judges are badly in need of education as to the incredible damage child sex abuse inflicts on a victim's entire life. They don't seem to get it.

Stuff contacted Armitage on Thursday. He declined to comment.

*Name changed due to suppression.

Sex abuse victims forgive offender at 'remarkable' meeting

Terrence Solomon Martin, 41, was jailed for 11 years and six months for child sex abuse when he appeared in court on Friday.

Two people sexually molested as young children have shown their abuser compassion and forgiveness, something a sentencing judge has described as "remarkable".

Justice Susan Thomas made the comments at Friday's sentencing of Terrence Solomon Martin, who was jailed for 11 and a half years for the sexual abuse of three children, who were aged between 6 and 15 years at the time of the offending.

Martin's offences, committed between 1993-2001, included representative charges of  sexual violation by unlawful sexual connection, indecency with a boy and attempted rape.

​As a tearful Martin left the dock to begin his jail term, two men performed a haka for him as he was taken away. It was later described by one of the men as giving Martin the strength he needed to continue in his counselling and rehabilitation in order to break the cycle of abuse.

Earlier, Justice Thomas told the High Court at New Plymouth that a two-day restorative justice meeting was held behind bars in early June between Martin and two of his victims.

Prior to his sentencing, Terrence Solomon Martin met with two of his victims at a restorative justice meeting, a process the sentencing judge described as "remarkable".

During the meeting, the 41-year-old admitted to what he had done and apologised to the victims. He also spoke of his own experience of sexual abuse as a child, something which left him hurt and angry.

Martin's contrition was in complete contrast with his attitude to the offending last year.  He originally pleaded not guilty to the offending but on the day his High Court trial was due to begin, he went on the run, only to be caught by police three weeks later.

However following his arrest, he changed his pleas to guilty and agreed to meet with two of the three people he caused irrevocable harm. Despite considering being part of the meeting, the third victim chose not to attend.

Justice Thomas said that Martin's sexual abuse of his three victims, which began when the defendant was 17, had significantly damaged them.

The first victim was aged eight when he was first abused by Martin and the sexual harm continued for seven years. 

It involved kissing, forced oral sex and rape.

The second victim was abused between the ages of 6 and 11 years, when Martin indecently touched the boy and forced him to perform oral sex.

Martin's third victim was aged six when she was first assaulted by the defendant. He kissed parts of her body, forced her to perform oral sex and on repeated occasions would remove her underpants and bounce the child onto his lap.

​Justice Thomas said all three had battled emotionally for years afterwards, a toll which not only effected them, but their wider families. She said one of the victims tried to block out memories of the abuse while another turned to drugs and alcohol as a means of escape.

But despite this, two had shown Martin compassion and forgiveness. 

"Such a position is nothing short of remarkable," Justice Thomas said.

Justice Thomas said one of the victims spoke of how Martin's own disclosure of being sexually abused as a young boy helped her realise he carried the same "mental scars" she did.

Martin was given credit for his guilty pleas and his involvement in the restorative justice meeting, where he agreed to complete counselling, along with a prison based sex offenders programme.  

Justice Thomas said this needed to be balanced against the aggravating factors of the crimes, which included the vulnerability of the victims, the scale of the offending and its detrimental impact.

Crown prosecutor Cherie Clarke sought a minimum non-parole period of 50 per cent for Martin, which if granted, would have meant the defendant would have to serve half his sentence before being considered for release.

Lawyer Paul Keegan said this was not warranted and the parole board would be best placed to make a decision about Martin's return to the community.

After jailing Martin, Justice Thomas declined to impose a minimum non-parole period on Martin but advised  he would be added to the child sex offender register.

Sir John Major and Gordon Brown will give evidence to child sexual abuse inquiry
Sean O’Neill, Chief Reporter
The Times

Two former prime ministers will be called to give evidence to the public inquiry into child abuse next week as it examines the ill-treatment of children sent abroad under state-approved migration programmes.

Sir John Major and Gordon Brown are the first prominent public figures to be asked to account for the conduct of state institutions before the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.

Sir John is to give evidence about his government’s response as the scandal of how British children were abused in farm schools and church institutions in Australia emerged during the 1990s.

In 1993 he wrote to one MP stating that Britain was not responsible for the way child migrants had been treated in other countries. Sir John, who was prime minister from 1990-97, is scheduled to provide written evidence to the inquiry.

However, some participants at the inquiry, including former migrants who suffered abuse, are calling for Sir John to be called to answer questions. One source said: “Sir John did not cover anything up himself but his government sought to deny responsibility and it’s important to understand why it took that position.”

Sir John’s evidence will be heard on Thursday next week and he will be followed by Mr Brown, who was prime minister from 2007-10. In his last months in office, Mr Brown made a public apology on behalf of the government for the way thousands of child migrants had been taken from their families and sent to colonies to often brutal institutions.

Mr Brown, who will appear via videolink, told parliament in February 2010: “We are sorry they were allowed to be sent away at the time when they were most vulnerable. We are sorry that instead of caring for them, this country turned its back. And we are sorry that the voices of these children were not always heard, their cries for help not always heeded. And we are sorry that it has taken so long for this important day to come and for the full and unconditional apology that is justly deserved.”

A key focus of the inquiry will be the role of the Fairbridge Society, which had close links to the royal family, in taking children to its farm schools in Australia where they suffered physical and sexual abuse, hard labour and neglect. Child migration to Australia ended in 1970.

The inquiry, led by Alexis Jay, said yesterday it had sought access to the royal archive before sessions examining the role of Fairbridge, which is now part of the Prince’s Trust, later this week. The inquiry, which was set up by Theresa May in 2014, is running 13 separate investigations into institutional responses to abuse. The examination of the child migration programmes is its first strand to have public hearings and the sessions are scheduled to last for a fortnight.