Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Friday, 4 August 2017

5 Stories Include False Priest on Today's Canadian P&P List

Drunk Canadian man, 34, 'bit a 14-year-old girl's breast while she was dancing with her mother at a Green Day concert'
By Daniel Roth For Dailymail.com

A drunk Canadian man was arrested after a 14-year-old girl accused him of biting her on the breast during a Green Day concert in Oregon.

Portland authorities said that 34-year-old Joel Dauncey was in custody after the teenager complained to police that she was inappropriately touched by the suspect, The Oregonian reported. 

According to an affidavit, the victim said she was dancing with her mother who was standing on her left side during the concert and Dauncey to the right. 

The young girl, court records show, then 'turned to her mother and said, "he bit me on my boob.'"

Dauncey had traveled that day from Vancouver, Canada for the Green Day concert held at the Moda Center and Rose Quarter in downtown Portland. 

A staff member working at the arena also reported seeing Dauncey 'lean and bite' the child on the breast. Staff members were monitoring Dauncey after he was cut off from drinking alcohol due to his previous behavior.

Dauncey at first acknowledged why he was being arrested following the complaint, but later changed his account and 'denied doing such a thing,' a court affidavit said.

Dauncey was arraigned on allegations of third-degree sexual abuse and harassment during court proceedings on Thursday. 

Dauncey is being held on a $5,000 bond and remains at the Multnomah County Detention Center.

The court ordered Dauncey to stay away from the the 14-year-old girl and said it will reconvene proceedings later this month. 

Third-degree sexual abuse is punishable by up to one year in prison and up to $6,250 in fines. 





Leamington, Ont., man charged after posting
child porn photo online, police say
The Associated Press

LEAMINGTON, Ont. — A man from Leamington, Ont., has been charged for allegedly posting child pornography online.

Police say that an unnamed social media outlet contacted them about a photo, showing child sexual abuse, that had been posted by an unknown user.

Officers raided a home in Leamington on Monday and found two computer systems along with a cell phone with more pictures of child sex abuse.

Police say a 33-year-old man was arrested.

The man faces two counts of possession of child pornography and one count of accessing child pornography.

He is due to appear in a Windsor, Ont., courtroom on Aug. 31.






Ottawa bus driver sentenced to 9 years for
sex crimes on children
By Joe Lofaro, CBC News 

A former OC Transpo driver who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting four children and
possessing a massive collection of child pornography has been sentenced to nine years in jail.
(Danny Globerman/CBC)

An Ottawa judge has sentenced a former OC Transpo driver to nine years in prison for sexually assaulting four young children under the age of 10 over a 24-year period. 

The man's crimes are outlined in a recent ruling from the Ontario Court of Justice, after he pleaded guilty to charges of sexual assault, sexual touching and possessing and making child pornography last year.

He cannot be identified due to a publication ban imposed by the court. 

He knew all four victims, who were between the ages of one and six. After one of them reported the abuse to police in 2015, the man was charged following an investigation by Ottawa police.

It's not the first time the man, who is now in his 50s, had been accused of sexual assault. Some of the charges had been reported to police in the past, but he denied any wrongdoing and they were never pursued. 

A pre-sentence report revealed the man had once taken a job as a school bus driver so that he could be close to children. He never acted on his sexual attraction to kids at the time, according to the court ruling.

Police find 500K child porn images

Dr. Paul Federoff, a renowned psychiatrist at the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, diagnosed the man as a pedophile after learning about his sexual attraction to boys and girls. Dr. Federoff's assessment also revealed the man's nudist lifestyle sparked an interest in child pornography

Sure! It couldn't have been the other way about?

During their investigation into the 2015 complaint of sexual assault, Ottawa police executed a search warrant at the man's home where they found a computer with a massive collection of images of child pornography. The search yielded more than half a million images and 25,000 videos containing sexually explicit material. 

'It is alarming that … his presence around nude children
led to his interest in child pornography.'
- Justice Robert Wadden

Dr. Federoff concluded the convicted man is a low to moderate risk of re-offending. What? Seriously?

In court, he read out an apology expressing remorse for his actions and the suffering he caused to his victims. 

Ontario Court Justice Robert Wadden gave large credit for his early confession and guilty plea, which meant the victims didn't have to "re-live the horror of their ordeals" by testifying in court. However, the judge did not gloss over the fact the man's lifestyle choices were guided by his pedophilic urges.

"It is alarming that, according to his own account, his presence around nude children led to his interest in child pornography. He carried on these activities — driving a school bus, doing nudist activities, possessing child pornography — after concerns had already come to light, and he had been assessed at the Sexual Behaviors Clinic, in 2003," wrote Wadden in his ruling. 

Defence lawyer Paul Lewandowski told CBC News that his client is keen to "move forward" and to get treatment while in prison. 

Victims suffered psychological harm, court told

In victim impact statements prepared for the court, the victims described how the lingering effects of the abuse have caused them psychological harm. The statements expressed feelings of distrust, alienation, and fear. 

The man is being credited for time served in jail which means he will serve another six years and nine months in prison for his crimes. The Crown had asked for a total sentence of 13 years, while the defence had asked for a five-year sentence. 

He must also submit a sample of his DNA and will be on the national sex offender registry for 20 years after his sentence. 

He also faces a lifetime ban on attending public parks or public swimming pools where people under 16 are expected to be present. His sentence also prohibits him from attending daycares, school grounds, community centres with people under 16, or from seeking an employment or volunteer position with people under 16. 






Robert McKay gets 17 years for sex attacks
on teen girl, woman
Teen convicted of involvement in attacks that left girl clinging to life on riverbank
By Shane Gibson, The Canadian Press


A teen who took part in two brutal, high-profile sex attacks in Winnipeg — one of which left a girl clinging to life on the banks of a river — has been sentenced to 17 years in jail.

Robert McKay, who was 17 at the time of the random attacks on a teen and a woman in November 2014, was sentenced as an adult Wednesday after pleading guilty to aggravated sexual assault last year.

Justice Gerald Chartier gave McKay nine years for each assault. He took one year off because he noted McKay had no previous criminal record, has shown remorse, pleaded guilty, and suffers from cognitive difficulties.

"While there are mitigating factors … the egregious nature of these crimes and its impact on the complainants require a lengthy period of incarceration," Chartier said. "Mr. McKay was a willing and active participant."

The sentence includes credit for time served, so McKay will be behind bars for just under 13 years.

Court has heard McKay and his cousin, Justin Hudson, went out to celebrate McKay's birthday the night of Nov. 8, 2014, planning to steal cars.

They first came upon a 16-year-old girl, and beat and robbed her. McKay held her down while Hudson sexually assaulted her. She ended up in the Assiniboine River, crawled out 100 metres downstream and was attacked again with a hammer.

Court heard it felt like –11 with the windchill at the time.

A passerby found her hours later. She was technically dead for 45 minutes before being revived in hospital. She later became an advocate for a national inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women.

"I have spent a lot of time in hospitals since you attacked me, repairing injuries to my body," the teen wrote in a victim impact statement read at Hudson's sentencing hearing in December 2016. "I have scars on most of my limbs, everyday reminders of that night.

"I feel sad. Angry. Confused. It's more than those words can possibly convey. The pain is a heavy weight for me to carry."

A few hours later, the pair came across a 23-year-old woman. They beat her severely and repeatedly sexually assaulted her. She spent three days in hospital with a concussion and facial injuries.

"At the time it was happening, I was so scared," the woman wrote in her victim impact statement, also read at Hudson's sentencing hearing.

"I did my best to 'act' as they wanted me to out of fear that they would hurt me even more. This made me so disgusted with myself and I hated my body for such a long time after."

Both sexual assaults involved "gratuitous violence" using weapons and were "beyond brutal," Chartier told the court Wednesday.

The defence had asked for a seven-year sentence, minus 3½ years for the time McKay has spent in custody. The Crown had asked for a 20-year sentence minus time served.

At his sentencing hearing earlier this year, McKay wept and apologized for what he had done.

"I feel really bad, really frickin' bad for what I did," McKay said at the February hearing. "I know what [the victims] went through. I went through it for five years by my own uncle."

Court heard McKay experienced sexual abuse and neglect as a child, suffers from fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and has a low IQ.

He told a psychologist he felt pressured into taking part in the attacks believing Hudson would assault him if he refused. An expert said it was likely his FASD made him vulnerable to peer influence.

Hudson was sentenced earlier this year to 23 years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual assault.






Edmonton man charged with child porn offences, extortion after mom of teen boy calls police
 By Caley Ramsay
Online Journalist Global News

A 33-year-old Edmonton man has been charged with a number of child exploitation offences, including sexual assault, in connection to alleged incidents involving two teenage boys.

ALERT’s Internet Child Exploitation Unit began its investigation after the mother of a teenage boy came forward to police with information about sexually graphic messages that were exchanged online. ALERT said the messages went on for several months and the relationship became sexual.

“When the hairs on the back of her neck stood up,
she took steps to figure out why,”
Det. Brian Cross said.

“Her son later disclosed the relationship was more than just online contact,” Cross said. “This case is troubling. It leads me to believe a young man was groomed.

Police said offences involving a second teenage boy were committed online. Cross also said both boys, who were under 16, are currently receiving support and will need that support for years.

Late last week, a residence in north Edmonton was searched and police seized multiple electronic devices. Preliminary forensic analysis of the electronics identified child pornography images, police said.

Justin Georges Stephen Coulombe was arrested and charged with:

Luring to commit the making of child pornography (x2)
Luring to commit an offence against a child
Sexual interference
Invitation to sexual touching
Sexual assault
Possession of child pornography
Extortion

Cross said the extortion charge is related to photos being used as leverage to get other images.

ALERT said Coulombe “purports to be and identifies himself in public as a member of the Catholic clergy, but he has no affiliation with the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton or any other diocese in Canada or the United States.”

Lorraine Turchansky, with the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton, said it is disturbing to think the suspect was posing as a member of the church.

“The man who has been charged in this incident has never studied for the priesthood at St. Joseph’s seminary here, he has never been ordained as a priest in the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton nor is he on any official list of priests in Canada or the United States. So clearly, he is an imposter,” she said.

“In the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton, we have some very strict protocols about screening and abuse prevention that all our priests go through, and for that matter all our lay employees, as well. So people in our parishes are very, very aware of warning signs to look for should there be someone who is a possible abuser or offender in our parishes.”

Turchansky urged people to call the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton or search its website if they feel someone might be posing as a member of the church.

Cross said while this is the first time he’s investigated a case involving a suspect allegedly “impersonating a priest,” he’s heard of people impersonating other positions of power, like police officers.  However, he said investigators don’t believe the accused committed the alleged crimes “under the guise” of being a priest.

Coulombe moved to Edmonton from Langley, B.C., at the beginning of 2017, ALERT said in a media release Tuesday morning. Investigators believe there may be more victims in this case and ask anyone with information to call police or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Police are hoping to speak with anyone in Langley or Edmonton who can provide relevant information on the accused.

Coulombe was released on a number of conditions. His next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 21.