Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Friday, 1 December 2017

3 Stories Each from Australia & UK Involve Archbishop, Priests, Buddhist, Rotherham Today's Global PnP List

Archbishop to have psych eval
Mark Russell

A neuropsychologist will examine Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson next week to determine if he is fit to stand trial in NSW over claims he covered up sexual abuse.

Wilson, 67, who was not required to appear in Newcastle Local Court on Friday after having had a pacemaker fitted on November 22, will be psychologically tested in Adelaide on Tuesday afternoon to find out if he is capable of understanding the case against him.

Wilson, the most senior Catholic official in the world to be charged with concealing child sex assault, had been due to stand trial on Tuesday this week before it was claimed he was suffering from Alzheimer's disease and had cognitive difficulties.

Magistrate Caleb Franklin, who was told the earliest Wilson could be tested by a neuropsychologist in Adelaide was next Tuesday, ordered the case return to court next Wednesday to give the archbishop time to travel to Newcastle for the case to finally begin if he is found fit to stand trial.

If Wilson is found unfit, the trial is expected to be adjourned until next year.

At which time he will almost certainly be unfit for trial!

Wilson has pleaded not guilty to concealing information about the sexual assault of a 10-year-old boy in 1971 by the now-dead pedophile priest James Fletcher in the NSW Hunter region.

The NSW Court of Appeal in June dismissed Wilson's third attempt to have the proceedings against him quashed or permanently stayed.





Retired priest in court after new complaint of
historical sex abuse
Breanna Chillingworth

A COURT has been told another alleged victim has come forward reporting allegations of abuse against a now retired priest in the New England.

David Joseph Perrett is already facing 58 charges, accused of molesting more than a dozen boys in the 1970s and 80s.

Perrett, now aged 80, was again supported by family members in Armidale Local Court where Magistrate Michael Holmes heard a new allegation had been reported to police.

It came after solicitor for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Katharine Brady said prosecutors needed more time to serve the brief of evidence. “The orders I gave previously are no longer being adhered too, is that what you’re telling me?” Mr Holmes asked.

“I understand there has been a further complainant contact police,” Ms Brady said. “So there is further investigations," Mr Holmes replied.

Perrett is yet to enter pleas to the 58 charges before the court.

Ms Brady said “there has been some further materiel served today at court” and asked for an adjournment to January to serve more brief items. Mr Holmes said the matter needed to resolve and be moved to a higher court on the next date.

Perrett remains on bail with the case adjourned to the new year.

According to court documents, Perrett, is accused of indecently assaulting at least 14 boys between 1970 and 1987 in Armidale, Lower Creek, Guyra, Walgett and Moree.

Five of the alleged victims were molested by Perrett in Armidale, including one who was also allegedly abused in Moree as well. Charges surround three boys in the Lower Creek area and five in the Guyra area. One boy was allegedly abused in Walgett.

In June, Fairfax Media revealed upwards of 10 further complainants had come forward, claiming they were abused by Perrett while he was a Catholic priest in the New England.

As part of his bail conditions, he has been ordered not to leave an Armidale address, where he is living with family, unaccompanied and must report to police four times a week.

He is also prohibited from going within 50m of any school, playground or place frequented by young people.

Perrett served as a priest in the Diocese of Armidale from 1961 to 1995.

Armidale, NSW




Sogyal Rinpoche and the abuse accusations
rocking the Buddhist world

Punching. Emotional abuse. Eye-popping sexual misdeeds. The accusations made against Sogyal Rinpoche – a key lama in the uptake of Buddhist principles by the West – have rocked devotees, including many in the top echelons of Australian business.

David Leser

On a late September evening this year, a group of leading Australian business figures gathered in a Sydney boardroom to discuss a series of allegations that had scandalised the Buddhist world, and shaken their own to the core.

The meeting was called by David White, chairman of business strategy advisers Port Jackson and Partners; Ian Buchanan, former lead partner with management consultants Booz Allen Hamilton; Diane Grady, non-executive director of Macquarie Bank and chair of Ascham School; and Gordon Cairns, chairman of Origin Energy and Woolworths.

What these four had in common was a long-standing involvement in Practical Wisdom, a series of business retreats held in Sydney over the past 15 years with Sogyal Rinpoche, the Tibetan Buddhist teacher and author of the 1992 international bestseller The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.


Sogyal Rinpoche: “Harvey Weinstein has nothing on this person,” says one of his former students. Photo: JOEL ROBINE/AFP

These retreats were now up for review, as Rinpoche stood accused by eight of his former senior students of decades of physical, psychological and sexual abuse.

"There is such a deep sadness over what has happened," Buchanan tells Good Weekend. "Whatever the facts turn out to be post investigation, this will inevitably be a tragedy. That this should come from an organisation that has done so much good, and from an individual who has done so much good, is very sad."

The Practical Wisdom group had formed in 2002 as a way of making available to leaders in Australian business, public health, government and defence "authentic Buddhist teachings on meditation, compassion and wisdom" from arguably the most famous Tibetan in the world after the Dalai Lama.






Married man jailed for 'systematic' sexual abuse of girl
Will Kilner 
Assistant News Editor and Motoring Reporter
 
A 33-YEAR-OLD man has been jailed for two years for the “systematic” sexual abuse of a young girl over a period of ten months.

Mohammed Waqar, of Devonshire Street in Keighley, was convicted by a jury at Bradford Crown Court in October of eight offences, including seven allegations of sexual assault of a child under 13 and one count of causing his victim to watch a sexual act.

During the trial, the jury heard that Waqar, a married man with three children, pulled down the girl’s trousers and touched her indecently. He also showed her pornography on his phone and kissed her on the lips.

The police were alerted when she told her mother in September last year.

Waqar’s barrister, Jeremy Hill Baker, handed in references from family members and employers speaking highly of his client and saying his behaviour was out of character. Mr Hill Baker said Waqar’s wife was very supportive of him and his relatives were shocked and upset.

The court heard Waqar continued to deny his guilt, telling his probation officer he was innocent.

He urged the court to consider the possibility of suspending the inevitable custodial sentence.

But the trial judge, Recorder Rachael Harrison, said Waqar had deliberately isolated the girl in order to sexually assault her.

“You systematically abused her over ten months,” Recorder Harrison said. She told Waqar: “Only an immediate custodial sentence is appropriate.”

A Sexual Harm Prevention Order for five years was put in place to safeguard young girls in the future and Waqar must sign on the sex offenders’ register.

After the case, an NSPCC spokesperson said: “Waqar’s young victim has shown incredible courage in coming forward and speaking out. “She has been through a traumatic experience but her bravery has helped put him behind bars."

“Talking to a trusted adult about abuse is extremely difficult and the NSPCC visits schools in Bradford – and across the country – to help young people speak out and stay safe.

“Children can call Childline and speak to trained counsellors at any time of the day or night on 0800 1111. Adults with concerns about a child can call the NSPCC Helpline – in confidence – on 0808 8005000.”

Keighley, UK




76 y/o Man admits child sex abuse in 1950s and 60s
By Keith Hunt
multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk
     
A pensioner’s criminal past caught up with him when he was arrested for sexual offences committed with two young girls 60 years ago.

Roy Brooks was just a teenager when he raped one of his victims and 20 when he indecently assaulted the other girl.

The 76-year-old grandfather, married for 50 years, went on to be “highly-valued and respected member of the community”, said a judge.

He was himself was said to be perplexed about why he committed the offences.

Brooks, of Thomas Street, Tunbridge Wells, admitted two charges of rape committed in the 1950s and two of indecent assault a decade later.

His victims only revealed their ordeal last year, Maidstone Crown Court heard. Brooks then admitted the offences.

Judge David Griffith-Jones QC said he had “exploited their innocence”.

Jailing Brooks for four years and four months, he said: “One can only imagine what sort of psychological and emotional damage your behaviour inflicted on them both. Neither felt able to reveal to anyone what you had done to them, plainly through fear - fear of not being believed. They, therefore, kept quiet and lived with what for them was a dark secret for many decades.”
 
Their suffering, he said, was probably only partially revealed in their harrowing victim impact statements. One told of living with shame and guilt, while the other said self-esteem and self-confidence had been shattered.

The judge said Brooks had also devastated his own family and spoke of his “unusual and genuine sentiments of guilt” expressed in his letter to the court.

“But for these offences, the clear picture I have is of a man who has had a blameless life, looking after his family and playing a social role within the community,” said Judge Griffith-Jones. “You say, and I accept, that you have been humbled by the many testimonials submitted by those who know you well and who have been willing to speak very highly of you as a highly-valued and respected member of the community with many fine qualities.

“But plainly, a prison sentence is demanded - nothing less will do.” Brooks’ name will appear on the sex offenders’ register.

Michelle James, detective constable at Kent Police, said: "This was an extraordinary case, in that the offences had happened such a long time ago. The abuse suffered by the two victims has profoundly affected their whole lives and it is only now that they have been able to summon up the courage to seek justice for the anguish Roy Brooks forced them to endure.

"Brooks has shown genuine remorse for his actions when he was a young man, however the passing of time does not diminish the fact that these were very serious offences committed against young and vulnerable victims. This case also illustrates that it is never too late to report any sexual offence. We will always treat any information with the upmost confidence and sensitivity."





Row erupts at Rotherham child sex abuse hearing 

Guards confiscate phones from people in the gallery who 'film' 12 Asian men in the dock

By Richard Spillett, Crime Correspondent For Mailonline

A row erupted in court today as 12 men charged in the investigation into child sex abuse in Rotherham appeared in court.

The group of Asian men are facing a total of 44 offences with 10 men pleading not guilty to a range of charges at Sheffield Crown Court.

But the hearing was interrupted when some of the defendants pointed towards three men in the public gallery and claimed they were being filmed.

Amjal Rafiq (blue coat) and Aftab Hussain (right) leave court after a previous hearing

The proceedings were halted as security guards stepped in to remove phones from the men, although it was unclear whether they were actually filming.

It comes after disruption at a previous hearing, which lead to a heavy police presence outside the courthouse today.

The judge reminded all in court that taking photos or recording proceedings is considered contempt of court and can lead to prison sentences.

Judge Sarah Wright said: 'It's a criminal offence to take photos in the court room. I regard it as a very serious Contempt of Court if there are any breaches of court rules in the public gallery.'

Sharaz Hussain (left) and Salah Ahmed El-Hakam (right) hid their faces at a previous hearing

Amjal Rafiq, 38, Nabeel Kurshid, 34, Iqlak Yousaf, 33, Mohammed Imran Ali Akhtar, 36, Aftab Hussain, 38, Abid Saddiq, 36, Sharaz Hussain, 33, Salah Ahmed El-Hakam, 38, Masaeud Malik, 33, and Waseem Khaliq, 33, appeared today.

They all pleaded not guilty to charges of rape, aiding or abetting rape, indecent assault, sexual touching, supply of controlled drugs and false imprisonment.

The charges relate to the sexual abuse of eight girls under the age of 16 over a five-year period from 1998 to 2003.

Tanweer Ali, 36, did not enter and will be arraigned at a later hearing pending a psychiatric examination.

Mohammed Ashan, 33, was not produced but will be arraigned at a later hearing.

Iqlak Yousaf, 33, was in the dock together with ten other men

Salah Ahmed El-Hakam, Mohammed Imran Ali Akhtar, Nabeel Kurshid, Iqlak Yousaf and Amjal Rafiq will face trial on September 3 next year, which is likely to last eight weeks.

Abid Saddiq, Aftab Hussain, Waseem Khaliq, Masaeud Malik and Sharaz Hussain will face trial on November 12 next year, which is likely to last six weeks.

The group were all arrested as part of Operation Stovewood - a police investigation into sexual abuse launched after the Rotherham grooming scandal.

Eight of the men, from Rotherham, South Yorkshire, were granted bail.

Masaeud Malik was remanded in custody and Waseem Khaliq was granted technical bail.

The scene today followed trouble outside a magistrates court hearing in October