Police confirmed today that the number of abused people may be in the several dozens. The doctor was an RCMP employee.
NOWSHERA: A man accused of raping three-year-old girl confessed to his crime in a judicial magistrate’s court, Superintendent of Police (SP) Investigation Sanaullah Khan confirmed on Tuesday.
A medical report confirmed that the minor was raped by accused Muhammad Hammad – who was sent to jail on judicial remand.
The man — a self-employed garbage collector — had coaxed the child into accompanying him into an under-construction site by offering her sweets on Thursday, January 18, 2018.
The rapist attempted to escape the crime scene but was roughed up by citizens after the three-year-old girl's calls for help were heard by passersby.
Hammad, who originally belongs to Pak Pattan, was living in a rented accommodation in Nowshera for the past five years.
The case is one of the numerous incidents of child abuse and murder that have been highlighted in the media after the recent rape and murder cases of two minors — Aasma and Zainab — sparked widespread condemnation as well as calls to address the issue of child sexual abuse.
A Shenley man has been jailed for four years after being caught in a police sting operation trying to arrange sex with children.
At the end of his 85-mile journey, police caught O’Shea in a Burger King restaurant at the Meridian retail park on November 16 last year and arrested him.
O’Shea had thought he was talking over the internet to the children’s mother, ‘Emma’, who was actually an undercover officer.
Satya Chotalia, prosecuting O’Shea in St Albans Crown Court yesterday (January 22), said: “He accepted speaking to Emma on Chatstep. He accepted he was seeking children to have sex with. Over seven to 10 days he had communicated with her by text, had given her his mobile number and sent her a picture of himself.
“Within the messages he said he wanted to have sexual activity with both children. He said he knew it was wrong and illegal.”
O’Shea set out what he wanted to happen in graphic and explicit texts.
When the police examined his mobile phone they found indecent images of children, which included 10 category A images and one category A movie - the most serious level. In addition there were 60 category B images and one video, and 11 category C images, the least serious level.
O’Shea admitted two offences of arranging to meet a child under 13 for the commission of a child sex offence. He also pleaded guilty to three charges of making (downloading) indecent images of children.
Andel Singh, defending O’Shea, said he had given full and frank admissions to the police and had never been in trouble before. He said: “He knows he brought it upon himself and does not want to blame anyone else. He wants help while in the prison system. It is something he is keen to do and he is keen to understand it, so the behaviour is never repeated.”
Mr Singh also told the court that O’Shea had lost his job and his partner of 30 years, who wants little to do with him. In addition to jailing him, Recorder Amanda Tipples QC said O’Shea must abide by the terms of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and register as a sex offender indefinitely.
A delivery driver behind a string of sickening child sex attacks has been jailed for nearly 20 years. Peter Collins abused young girls for two decades until one of his victims found the courage to speak out.
But his cover story was dismissed by jurors who convicted him of 12 charges after a three-week trial at Birmingham Crown Court.
He was jailed for 19 years and ordered to register as a sex offender for life on Monday.
Investigating officer, Det Con Katrina Sands, from West Midlands Police’s Public Protection Unit, said: “Collins abused vulnerable young girls and continued his predatory behaviour for over several decades.
All victims gave evidence in court and I commend their bravery in re-living what are surely very painful memories.
“When confronted, Collins denied the allegations and claimed in his defence that he had a condition which led to him fall asleep unexpectedly in a number of places and being unaware of what he was doing. “Expert witnesses gave evidence which didn’t support this claim.
“We are delighted the jury saw through Collins’ denial the offences had happened and this now means he will be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.
“We hope that anyone else who may have been abused by him now has the courage to come forward.”
Collins began his abuse in 1995 on a girl who was aged 11 at the time, West Midlands Police said.
He then sexually assaulted two other girls, with his last recorded assault being on a 12-year-old girl, which was reported in 2016. One of the victims spoke out about her ordeal the same year, and the police began an investigation.
Collins was convicted of three counts of indecent assault, one of indeceny with a child, two of sexual assault with a child under 13 by penetration, two of assault by penetration, two of sexual assault and two of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
After the sentencing, West Midlands Police said it had an “excellent” track record of bringing sex offenders to justice. The force urged anyone who had suffered abuse in the past to get in touch.
To report abuse call police on 101.
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood is a charity providing survivors of non-recent abuse with support and advice.