Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Friday, 27 April 2018

Monster Gets Slap-on-Wrist for Torture/Death of Daughter, Another Texas Pastor & More on Today's USA PnP List

Father gets just five years in prison for torturing his three-year-old daughter who suffered a fatal seizure after being starved, beaten and tortured with a wire coat hanger

No sexual abuse in this story, but the abuse is inhuman and the man gets a token jail sentence

A Wisconsin father has been jailed for just five years after starving his daughter to death

A father who watched his three-year-old daughter slowly starve to death will spend just five years behind bars.

Wisconsin man Dylan Bartsh, 33, will also spend the following five years on an extended supervision order after the 2014 death of his daughter Audryna, Winona Daily News reported.

The toddler, who was in an emaciated condition with 28 bruises on her head, a black eye, bite marks and sunken ribs, had suffered a seizure just three days before she died. 

She had also been hit with a wire coat hanger and on her neck, a coroner found 70 scars which appeared to have been caused by an adult fingernail.

La Crosse County District Attorney Tim Gruenke said Audryna suffered 'a worse death than many of the homicide cases we've seen'. 

'This was preventable for days and weeks. She was literally dying right in front of [Bartsh's] eyes,' he said.

When Audryna was one and a half years old, her mother agreed to share custody with Bartsh. The 33-year-old took her away and refused to let mother Sheena Poldoski see her again, despite the woman's best efforts. 

Dylan Bartsh (pictured), 33, said his daughter had not been eating for two weeks before she died. He will serve five years behind bars and a further five years on a supervision order

The court heard Bartsh had 'checked out' of caring for his daughter, leaving his girlfriend Jaymie Rundle to look after her, and had avoided seeking medical care when he knew his daughter was unwell because of fears her physical injuries would invite police attention.

Audryna had stopped eating two weeks before her death, the court heard, and the youngster was spanked with a fly swatter and forced into lengthy time outs. 

After her seizure, doctors saw the girl's body was covered in bruises and scratches. Scars from previous attacks covered her face and body, the court heard.

An autopsy of her body revealed bleeding on the brain, 22 scrapes on her head, a black eye and a torn lip.  

Her death was ruled a homicide by Dane County Medical Examiner Vincent Tranchida.

Bartsh earlier pleaded no contest to child neglect resulting in death in the October 2014 death of Audryna Bartsh.

Bartsh's girlfriend, Jaymie Rundle, was sentenced to eight months in jail last year after pleading no contest to misdemeanour child neglect in Audryna's death.

The toddler's mother, Sheena Poldoski, was in court for Bartsh's sentencing. She took to a Facebook page set up in memory of her daughter afterwards and shared a brief message with supporters.

'This is not what I wanted but it's what we got,' she wrote. 

'I love you Audryna.' 

So, all the abuse, the busted lip, the bleeding brain, the bruises and scars count for nothing! The man is a monster and he's sentenced as though he were simply negligent. This is not justice and will almost certainly end in another death down the road. Whoever agreed to this plea deal is pathetic and ought to find a job they are good at.

Texas pastor sentenced to 50 years in prison
for child sexual abuse

Unbelievable! Another Texas pastor - that is at least 4 this month

BY STEPHEN ENGLISH, senglish@star-telegram.com

The former pastor of a church in Mansfield was convicted of child sexual assault on Thursday and sentenced to 50 years in prison, according to the Tarrant County district attorney.

Jose Luis Pizarro, 42, was also sentenced to eight years for indecency in a jury trial in state district court. The sentences will run concurrently, the district attorney's office said.

Pizarro was originally accused by Mansfield police in July 2016 of inappropriately touching an 8-year-old female congregation member at his Iglesia de Dios Nuevo Amanecer church in May of that year.

"He committed multiple sexual assaults of an 8-year-old girl who attended his church over a period of time," Tarrant County district attorney's office spokeswoman Samantha Jordan said via e-mail.

"Some assaults occurred in the church," she said.

Jordan said that during an interview with a Fort Worth police interpreter, brought in because Pizarro preferred to speak Spanish, Pizarro "admitted to improper bodily contact with the child."

The victim, now 10 years old, testified during the trial, Jordan said. Also testifying on her behalf were a nurse from Cook Children's Medical Center, a forensic interviewer from Alliance for Children and the victim's mother.

The site of Pizzaro's former church is now Living Hope Bible Church.

Pizarro was also indicted on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child stemming from an incident in 2013 in Johnson County, court records show. His trial in that case has been postponed multiple times and is now scheduled for Dec. 29.

His trial in Tarrant County began Monday and ended Thursday, Jordan said.

North Carolina man accused of years of
sexual abuse involving a child
by Kristy Steward

HENDERSON COUNTY, N.C. (WLOS) A Hendersonville man has been arrested and charged with multiple counts of rape and indecent liberties with a child dating back to 1984.

In a press release, the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office says an ongoing investigation led to charges against Larry Freeman Coggins, 64, of Hendersonville.

Through the investigation, it was determined the alleged incidents occurred between 1984 and 2016. Coggins was arrested and charged with first-degree rape, two counts of indecent liberties with a child and two counts of statutory sex act.

Coggins is being held in the Henderson County Jail on a $440,000 secured bond.

His first appearance in the District Court of Henderson County happened on April 27, 2018.

Based upon new information received following the earlier media release, detectives now have reason to believe there may be other victims and ask that anyone with information related to this case, contact Detective Brad Woodson with the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office by calling 828-697-4911. 

Feds charge Missouri man with making child pornography during visit to Pennsylvania
Peter Hall Of The Morning Call

A Missouri man is charged with enticing a child to engage in sexual activity to produce pornography during a 2016 visit to Lehigh County, according to an indictment filed Thursday in federal court.

Joseph Michael Willard, 54, of Cole Camp, Mo., was indicted on one count of production of child pornography and six counts of possession of child pornography. The charges stem from an investigation by the Lehigh County Computer Crimes Task Force that resulted in child pornography charges in state court in February.

According to an affidavit by Lehigh County detectives, Bethlehem Detective Michael DiLuzio, working with the task force, detected illegal internet activity Oct. 31 and Nov. 25. Detectives obtained the physical address of the internet connection used to carry out the activity and obtained a warrant to search the Trexlertown home.

No computers at the home contained child pornography, but the residents recalled that Willard had visited on the dates of the illegal activity. Willard was arrested Feb. 23 on Hamilton Boulevard in Lower Macungie Township. In his van, detectives found a laptop that held about 175 video files of children as young as 6 engaged in sex acts, the affidavit says.

The federal indictment additionally alleges that on April 20, 2016, Willard coerced a child younger than 12 to engage in a sex act, and made images of the act that he transmitted by computer.

According to Megan’s Law records, Willard was required to register as a sex offender in Missouri. His offenses include aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a 15-year-old girl in Illinois in 1995 and possession of child pornography in Arkansas in 2002.

Willard was being held Friday in Lehigh County prison under $100,000 bail on the state charges. His initial court appearance on the federal charges has not been scheduled. If convicted of the federal charges, Willard would face a maximum sentence of lifetime incarceration and a mandatory minimum of 25 years, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Miami-Dade Will Close Sex Offender Camp by May 6, Threatens Jail Time for Stragglers

Since 2014, a colony of homeless sex offenders has been rapidly growing by the railroad tracks near Hialeah. Nobody wants them there, including the dozens who call the ramshackle camp home. Everyone, from the Homeless Trust to the ACLU to the county commission, agrees the encampment is a public health and safety hazard. But for years, the sex offenders have said that restrictive county laws mean they have nowhere else to legally live (5th story on link) and that county officials have failed to solve the problem.

In December, after New Times published its latest story chronicling the squalid conditions of the camp and its effect on local business owners, Miami-Dade's Public Safety and Health Committee took action. With a vote of 3-1, commissioners on the committee voted to amend an outdoor camping ordinance in a way that would effectively shut down the camp. The rest of the county commission passed the item in January, and Mayor Carlos Gimenez in March issued a memo giving the homeless residents 45 days to vacate.

With the May 6 deadline quickly approaching, outreach groups have been working with the sex offenders to find new places to live. But thanks to stringent local laws governing where sex offenders can live, many homeless advocates worry they have few alternatives to their camp near the intersection of NW 71st Street and 36th Court. According to the mayor's letter, Miami-Dade Police officers have the option to "remove" those who stay, a clause that refers to a local law permitting police to arrest those who trespass on county property.

"The message being given to the people living there is if you're there on May 7, that you'll be subject to arrest," says Jeffrey Hearne, an attorney with Legal Services who has represented residents of the camp.

As many as 300 sex offenders have a registered address at or near the encampment, according to state records. Under a 2005 county law ordinance named for Lauren Book, a Florida senator and survivor of child sex abuse, offenders who abused victims under the age of 16 must live 2,500 feet from any school, much farther than the 1,000 feet required under state law.

A 2017 report commissioned by the ACLU found that across the county, only 320 affordable rental units met those guidelines.

Since August, the Homeless Trust, its chairman Ron Book (Lauren's father), and the Housing Assistance Network of Dade have been distributing information about rental assistance to the homeless offenders who live at the camp. But other homeless advocates say the assistance is no good if the offenders can't find a landlord who will rent them a home.

"Many people there would love to accept that rental assistance, but they have not been able to find the housing which would permit them to accept it," the ACLU's Jeanne Baker told commissioners in December.

As the deadline looms, it remains unclear what will become of the people who stay behind at the camp. Frank Diaz, a pastor who works with the homeless residents, says probation officers are encouraging some offenders to move near the Krome Service Processing Center at the edge of the Everglades.

"They have been told starting May 6, whoever remains is gonna be taken away, have all their possessions thrown away, and possibly be arrested," Diaz says.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has not yet answered New Times' questions about what will happen after the deadline.

Update: Detective Alvaro Zabaleta, a spokesman for Miami-Dade Police, says the department’s sexual predator unit is aware of the memorandum and is monitoring the situation to determine a plan of action come May 6.

“We’re hoping everyone gets placed and everything works itself out between the county and them,” he says. “The memo says we are the last resort. We want to make sure that is the case.”

No formal directive has been issued yet because it’s still unclear if or how many offenders will remain at the camp after the deadline.

“The last thing we want is to have to take any enforcement,” Zabaleta says. “It just depends how everything lays out between now and May 6. It’s hard for us to have a plan of action if we don’t know how things are going to go.”

Yawkey Way outside Fenway Park renamed because of namesake’s allegedly racist past

Yawkey also protected a serial pedophile who worked for him for 20 years
By Jacob Bogage 

Fans gather along Yawkey Way outside of Fenway Park before Game 1 of the 2007 World Series between the Boston Red Sox and Colorado Rockies,  October 24, 2007. (REUTERS/Brian Snyder/File Photo)

Historic Fenway Park’s “front door” will get a new name after the Boston Public Improvement Commission voted unanimously to strip the moniker Yawkey Way because of allegations of racism in the namesake’s past.

Thomas A. Yawkey owned the Boston Red Sox from 1933 until his death in 1976, the longest single ownership period in major league history. Under his leadership, the Sox were the last major league ballclub to integrate, doing so in 1959, 12 years after Jackie Robinson broke in with the Brooklyn Dodgers.

By the time Boston signed infielder Elijah Jerry “Pumpsie” Green, Robinson had retired.

Red Sox owner John Henry asked to change the name of the street, which before games becomes a pedestrian walkway, to distance the franchise for Yawkey’s racist reputation. It will be called “Jersey Street,” its name before 1977.

But the request came against vociferous outcries from Yawkey supporters. The longtime owner was beloved around the city. The foundation started in his honor a year after his death became one of the Northeast’s largest philanthropic donors, giving $453 million away in grants since its inception, according to its website.

“Tom Yawkey’s name will no longer be on the street, and I and others like me can go to Fenway Park feeling very proud of the Red Sox of today and of the city of Boston which we all love so much,” Walter Carrington, a former member of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, who investigated racism within the Red Sox organization in 1959, told the Boston Globe.

“Tom Yawkey deserved to have his name live on at Fenway Park,” the Yawkey Foundation said in a statement. “We can’t change today’s decision, but we remain hopeful that he will be remembered as the good and decent man he truly was.”

Except for the racism, and, oh yeah, employing a pedophile for 20 years (6th story on link). Clubhouse attendant Don Fitzpatrick ended up costing the team more than $3 million dollars in lawsuit settlements from all the boys that he abused. Yawkey was aware of the abuse and covered it up for many years.

The Public Improvement Commission, a group of city department heads who review projects on public rights of way, emphasized that it decided the name change not on the merits of Yawkey’s character, but because the five businesses that abutted the street all agreed to the switch.

Street name changes are usually procedural affairs, commissioners said.

“I know a lot of people are talking about ‘this is going to help us end racism,’ ” Boston Mayor Martin Walsh said, according to the Globe. He declined to publicly state whether he supported the renaming campaign. “This is not the answer to that.

“The way we end racism is we deal with racism, we talk about racism, and we educate people about racism, and we have dialogues about racism. That’s the way we end racism.”

How do we end pedophilia? Not with people who cover it up?

New Jersey man sentenced for having 16K
child porn videos
Suzanne Russell, @SRussellMyCJ 

ELIZABETH - A 37-year-old Roselle man has been sentenced to five years in state prison for distributing child pornography through a social media account and possessing more than 16,000 child pornography videos and images on his computers.

Charles Diggs was sentenced Friday by Union County Superior Court Judge William A. Daniel, according to Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal. On Dec. 11, 2017 Diggs pleaded guilty to second-degree distribution of child pornography on his Twitter account. He will be required to register as a Megan's Law sex offender.

Diggs was charged as a result of an investigation by the New Jersey State Police Digital Technology Investigations Unit (DTIU), the Division of Criminal Justice, the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office and additional members of the New Jersey Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force. 

According to the New Jersey Attorney General's Office, the investigation began when the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) regarding a Twitter account that was uploading child pornography.

Prosecutor's office detectives and the New Jersey State Police DTIU traced the Twitter account to Diggs and identified 12 images of child pornography Diggs had distributed through his Twitter account. He was arrested Sept. 3, 2016 when the New Jersey State Police and other members of the ICAC Task Force executed a search warrant at his Roselle home and seized five computers and numerous hard drives.  

A full forensic examination of Diggs' computer equipment at the Regional Forensic Computer Laboratory in Hamilton revealed more than 16,000 files of child pornography, including numerous videos depicting the rape of very young children.

“Diggs’ huge collection of child pornography illustrates the scope of this problem, both in terms of the number of children who are brutally abused to produce these materials and the length to which offenders will go to satisfy their deviant desires,” said Grewal. “Of course, many offenders go further and engage in hands-on abuse of children.  We’ll continue to protect children by dedicating the investigative resources necessary to identify these offenders and remove them from our communities.”

Here's an idea. How about if someone is caught with videos of children being raped they are charged, or at the least, sentenced, as if they raped the child. That might just reduce the market for them.

“Beyond the large volume of child pornography seized, this case is noteworthy because it demonstrates that offenders are finding new ways to distribute this filth, including Twitter,” said Elie Honig, Division of Criminal Justice director.  “We urge parents to be aware of this dark side of the internet and social media and be vigilant to protect and educate their children against the dangers.” 

Twitter and other social platforms have the ability, or should have the ability to stop the sharing of such horrific things. If only they had the will!

Grewal commended the detectives who investigated the case for the New Jersey State Police Digital Technology Investigations Unit and the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office, as well as the other members of the New Jersey Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force who assisted.

Anyone with information about the distribution of child pornography on the internet – or about suspected improper contact by unknown persons communicating with children via the internet or possible exploitation or sexual abuse of children – to contact the New Jersey Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Tipline at 888-648-6007.

Prominent Olympic taekwondo coaches accused of
child sexual abuse
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

Steven Lopez, left, and Jean Lopez were both accused of sexual abuse.  (Reuters)

Two brothers who were once prominent taekwondo coaches were both accused of sexual abuse this week, in the latest sex assault scandal to hit Olympic officials.

Steven Lopez, 39, a two-time Olympic gold medal-winner, and his brother, Jean Lopez, were each sued Wednesday in District Court in Denver by two California women. The lawsuits were filed in Colorado because the two men coached athletes at the U.S. Olympic Training Center there.

Steven Lopez is being sued by Amber Means Randall, who alleges the athlete drugged and raped her. Heidi Gilbert is suing Jean Lopez after saying he sexually assaulted her in Germany during a meet. The two men are accused of “neglect for not providing a duty of care as either a coach or teammate and coach,” USA Today reported.

Each woman reported multiple instances of sexual abuse spanning several years and multiple states, and their lawsuits seek at least $75,000 in damages.

The lawsuits come after the U.S. Center for SafeSport found Jean Lopez engaged in "a decades-long pattern of sexual misconduct" against underage athletes. Steven Lopez retired from the sport after the 2012 Olympics cycle.  

Steven Lopez is one of the most famous taekwondo stars to compete in the Olympics. He won two Olympic gold medals, in 2000 and 2004, and said he planned to go to the Tokyo Olympics in 2020 as an athlete. His brother was a coach for the U.S. team for four Olympic Games.

USA Today reported in June that at least four women had accused the Lopez brothers of sexual misconduct.

The lawsuits are the latest scandal to hit Olympic-affiliated athletes and coaches. Hundreds of women accused disgraced gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar of sexual abuse spanning years. Nassar is currently in prison and will most likely spend the rest of his life behind bars for the abuse. 

Colorado man sexually assaulted children
at photography business
Sady Swanson, sswanson@coloradoan.com 

A Berthoud man was arrested this week after he allegedly sexually assaulted children at his photography business. 

Benjamin Macaluso, 47, was charged with sexual assault on a child and two counts of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust, all Class 4 felonies.

Investigators learned Macaluso was accused of sexual assault in Berthoud over several years, according to a news release from the Larimer County Sheriff's Office.

Two victims told authorities the abuse occurred in 2009 at Macaluso's photography business, BellaClaire Studios. While the business's location on Berthoud's Mountain Avenue closed in 2013, authorities say it's possible Macaluso continued to operate the business out of a private residence in Berthoud.

Macaluso was arrested April 24 and released on $1,750 bond the next day. His next court appearance is scheduled for May 2.

According to court records, Macaluso does not have a significant criminal history in Colorado. 

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Larimer County Sheriff's Office investigator Tyler Schall at 970-498-5168.

Berthoud, CO

Convicted sex offender accused of sexually abusing a minor, incest
Melissa Pettitt, New Era 

A sex offender who was convicted in January on charges of possessing child pornography was indicted Friday by a grand jury on accusations he sexually abused a minor — the fourth such case against him since 2014.

John P. Reed, 49, of West Seventh Street, was indicted for first-degree rape, first-degree sexual abuse (victim under 12 years), first-degree sexual abuse and incest.

Unfortunately, this was as much of the story as I was able to extract. But I sure have a lot of questions that I would like answered about this case.

Washington State man sentenced to 26.5 years in prison after found guilty of child rape
By:  Aaron Polevoi 

SPOKANE, Wash. - A man found guilty of child rape back in January was sentenced to 26.5 years in prison to life on Thursday.

68-year-old Milford "Bear" Butcher has been in the Spokane County Jail since Jan. 16, 2018 after a child sexual abuse case against him back in July of 2014 came to a conclusion with a guilty verdict. Butcher was found guilty on two counts of first-degree child rape and six counts of first-degree child molestation. 

In July of 2014, Detective Brandon Armstrong of the Spokane County Sheriff's Office Sexual Assault Unit began to investigate severe allegations of Butcher's inappropriate behavior and touching of three young victims. At the time of the report, the victims, two girls and one boy, were 7 and 8 years old. 

Armstrong's investigation revealed Butcher abused children from families he knew, starting in 2011 through June of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment