CP | By The Associated Press
Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!
3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here
Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour
Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Two Couples and a Teacher on Today's List of Perverts and Pedophiles
Rape, murder by Mom and boyfriend - Pennsylvania
L.A. to Calgary for sex with 13 y/o - California
High School Teacher with child sex charges - Saskatchewan
No jail time for messing up a 7 y/o - Iowa
El Salvadoran gets plea deal, 8 yrs not 50 - Kentucky
Couple charged with rape, sodomy of child - Alabama
Grace Packer Allegedly Killed By Mother, Her Boyfriend In Rape-Murder Fantasy
CP | By The Associated Press
14-year-old Grace Packer, who died in July 2016. (Photo: Reuters/Screenshot)
EASTON, Pa. — A woman charged with killing and dismembering her adoptive daughter as part of a rape-murder fantasy she and her boyfriend shared had previously worked as an adoption supervisor for a children's welfare agency, authorities said Monday.
Sara Packer worked as a supervisor for the Northampton County Children, Youth and Families Division for adoptions from 2003 to 2010, the county said.
Packer was arraigned Sunday on charges including criminal homicide, rape and abuse of a corpse. Her boyfriend, Jacob Sullivan, was arraigned on similar charges.
Packer and Sullivan didn't enter pleas and were denied bail, and no attorney information was available for them. But Sullivan apologized as he was led into court, the Intelligencer newspaper reported.
Sara Packer, the adoptive mother of 14-year-old Grace Packer, faces charges including criminal homicide, rape and abuse of a corpse in the teen's death. (Photo: Reuters/Screenshot)
"I'm sorry for what I did,'' he said. "It was wrong.''
Officials say 14-year-old Grace Packer was beaten, was raped as her mother watched, was poisoned and hours later was strangled in a stifling attic in July.
Investigators say the couple packed Grace's body with cat litter to mask decomposition smells and stored it in the attic. Officials allege the couple dismembered the body in October after being scared by a police visit.
Jacob Sullivan allegedly raped his girlfriend's teenage daughter before killing her. (Photo: Reuters/Screenshot)
The girl's torso was found by hunters in a Luzerne County park on Oct. 31, and K-9 teams found her legs and arms nearby, a criminal complaint said.
Bucks County prosecutors said the days and hours leading up to Grace's killing "were probably the most horrible and traumatic that any person should ever have had to experience.''
Northampton County Controller Stephen Barron Jr. told Allentown's The Morning Call newspaper on Monday that Sara Packer's employment status with the county was listed as "suspended'' in 2010. But Barron said he had no details on why she had been suspended.
According to court records, Packer's ex-husband, David Packer, was charged by Allentown police in two child sex abuse cases, in November 2010 and in January 2011. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to six months to five years in prison. Records show the couple divorced last June.
A phone call seeking comment from David Packer's lawyer wasn't immediately returned Monday.
Man who flew to Canada to have sex with Calgary teen should get 9 years in jail: prosecution
By Colin Perkel The Canadian Press
American prosecutors are pushing for a nine-year prison term and indefinite probation for a man who flew to Canada to have sex with a 13-year-old girl who had sent him nude videos.
In pushing for the sentence, prosecutors say Paul Binh Do caused the Calgary teen severe distress, tried to cover up his crime, breached his bail conditions, and may have been trying to lure five other underage girls.
“A 108-month sentence is reasonable in light of the nature and circumstances of the offence,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Vibhav Mittal said in his sentencing submission.
“Even after he was caught, defendant continued to engage in criminal conduct by lying to law enforcement, telling the minor victim of his crime to lie for him, and asking a woman he had never met in person to be his alibi.”
Do, 29, of Garden Grove, Calif., had faced a possible 50-year term after pleading guilty last year to travelling with the intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct and being in receipt of child pornography. He was to be sentenced in Santa Ana, Calif., next week, but the hearing has been moved to April at the request of his lawyer, who cited personal circumstances.
Garden Grove, CA
Court documents show Do — who was then 26 — began communicating with M.F., 13, of Calgary, in September 2013, when she posted online that she wanted to meet guys. The two pursued their contact via social media and text messaging, and he asked her to be his girlfriend. They exchanged nude and sexually explicit photos and videos, and he persuaded her to engage in “prohibited sexual conduct,” according to an agreed statement of facts.
Do, a first-time offender who has a university degree in business administration, flew to Calgary in May 2014 to have sex with M.F. on what would have been her 14th birthday. However, Canadian authorities arrested him on arrival and found explicit images of the girl on his computer and phones.
“Defendant took advantage of a minor that he knew was troubled,” Mittal says. “He was aware of her problems at home and her substance abuse issues. Defendant’s crimes have only further harmed victim M.F.’s mental health and substance abuse issues.”
Investigators who searched Do’s computer and phones also found conversations with five other girls that were sexual in nature. In one case, he discussed flying to London to visit a person who had identified herself as a 15-year-old, court records show.
A psychologist who interviewed Do indicated in a report that he is neither a danger to minors nor a sexual predator, a position rejected by the prosecution.
“This finding is difficult to square with his relationships with victim M.F. and five other individuals that indicated they were minor girls,” Mittal states.
In addition, documents show Do admitted to breaching release conditions by visiting parks on at least 12 separate occasions.
The investigation by U.S. Homeland Security that snared Do was part of an international initiative begun in 2003 — dubbed “Operation Predator” — aimed at protecting children from sexual predators.
Child pornography and sexual offence charges for Saskatoon teacher Rhett Lundgren
By David Giles Senior Web Producer Global News
A Saskatoon man is facing child pornography and child sexual offences charges.
Rhett Lundgren, 39, was arrested December 8th following a search of his home by members of the Saskatchewan internet child exploitation (ICE) unit.
Police said an investigation was launched on Nov. 29 into the online exploitation of children through social media applications.
Lundgren is charged with two counts of arranging to commit a sexual offence against a child and one count of attempting to access child pornography.
Lundgren was a Saskatoon high school teacher; he is a teacher at Walter Murray Collegiate and has been suspended without pay by Saskatoon Public Schools.
Police said the child involved was between the ages of eight and 10.
Lundgren’s next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 31.
Cedar Rapids man gets deferred judgment, probation in child sex abuse case
Prosecutor: 'It was the best resolution'
Trish Mehaffey The Gazette
CEDAR RAPIDS — A judge gave a 33-year-old man a deferred judgment and sentenced him to two years supervised probation in a child sexual abuse case involving a 7-year-old girl.
Joshua J. Flint of Cedar Rapids pleaded guilty to an amended charge of child endangerment, an aggravated misdemeanor, in November.
According to a criminal complaint, Flint committed “several acts” on the victim from June 2014 through May 2015 that “created a substantial risk to her mental or emotional safety.”
Flint was originally charged with second-degree sexual abuse. The original complaint states the child described to investigators how Flint sexually abused her.
Sixth Judicial District Judge Kevin McKeever imposed the deferred judgment and probation in accordance with the plea agreement. He also ordered a five-year no contact order for the victim against Flint and fined him $625. No victim restitution has been submitted at this time.
Flint declined to make a statement during the sentencing. There also was no victim's impact statement submitted to the court.
Assistant Linn County Attorney Jason Besler said the plea agreement was made because the victim couldn’t testify and needed “closure.”
“She has significant issues dealing with the fallout in this case,” Besler said.
Besler, after the hearing, said it was the best resolution for this case and the victim.
Seriously, 'no jail time' is the best resolution for the victim? I'm sure she feels much safer now knowing the judge told him not to do that again for at least 5 years. Is this plea deal because Iowa has nothing in place where a child can testify in a safe environment instead of a courtroom with her rapist in front of her?
Bowling Green man sentenced in child sex abuse case
By JUSTIN STORY
A Bowling Green resident pleaded guilty Tuesday in a case in which he was accused of sexually abusing a 6-year-old girl.
Carmin A. Monge-Cruz, 38, pleaded guilty in Warren Circuit Court to five counts of first-degree sexual abuse, accepting an offer from prosecutors that will recommend an eight-year prison sentence.
Monge-Cruz was arrested March 7 after the Bowling Green Police Department was called to TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital, where the child was brought to the emergency room by her mother.
Warren County Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Kori Bumgarner said in court Tuesday that Monge-Cruz admitted to police that he had engaged in sexual contact with the child a total of five times.
According to police records, Dr. Randall Davidson told police that the child disclosed to him that Cruz digitally penetrated her.
The child's mother told police that her daughter told her en route to the hospital that Monge-Cruz had touched her and caused bleeding, and had also said that Monge-Cruz often touches her, records show.
The mother described Monge-Cruz to police as a "sex fiend" who often watches pornography, but she hadn't noticed Monge-Cruz showing any interest in children or in child pornography, according to police records.
The child's mother told police that she got a ride to the hospital and that Monge-Cruz remained in the hospital waiting room until police arrived, according to police records. When Monge-Cruz saw police, he left.
Officers went to Monge-Cruz's home with the consent of the homeowner and entered using a key.
City police told Monge-Cruz to exit the bedroom with his hands in the air, he complied and was detained, records show. He has been held in Warren County Regional Jail since his arrest.
In addition to the eight-year prison term, Monge-Cruz will be subject to five years of supervised release after his incarceration and will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
An El Salvadoran national, Monge-Cruz is also subject to deportation as a result of his conviction.
Had the case gone to trial, Monge-Cruz faced up to 10 years in prison on each of the five counts of first-degree sexual abuse.
Monge-Cruz will be formally sentenced March 13 by Warren Circuit Judge Steve Wilson.
Hmmm. 50 years or 8? I hate plea deals!
Sheriff's office arrests two on child sex abuse charges
Jason Elliott Poole, left, and Tanya Michele Cordell, right.
The Cullman County Sheriff’s Office charged a Cullman man and woman with child sex abuse charges this month.
Jason Elliott Poole and Tanya Michele Cordell, both 42, were each charged with second-degree rape, second-degree sodomy and enticing a child for immoral purpose, according to a press release. They were arrested after a victim came forward to sheriff's investigators who then determined the two were involved in the sexual molestation of a minor under the age of 16.
Due to the graphic nature of the alleged crime, the sheriff's office declined to release specific details.
“It’s hard to imagine how anyone with common decency would do harm to children. I have no sympathy for individuals that engage in these acts”, said Sheriff Matt Gentry in a press release. “I would like to thank our investigators for doing a great job on this case."
Both suspects are currently being held in the Cullman County Detention Center with a $75,000 cash bond, respectively.
Cullman Co., AL