Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!
3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here
Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour
Wednesday, 19 April 2017
2 Cops, a Teacher, and Some Very Young Victims on Today's P&P List
Deputy Sherriff arrested and indicted on child rape charges - Virginia
69 y/o Perez guilty of sexually assaulting 2 very young girls - Texas
Middle-aged man sought in sex assault of a 6 y/o in Chicago - Illinois
Teacher charged with 6 counts of statutory sodomy - Kansas
Manhattan police sergeant sentenced for heinous CSA - New York
Creep charged with violent sexual assault of child under 7 - New York
Winnipeg ICE unit charges pair with child porn and CSA - Manitoba
Former Dinwiddie deputy charged with
child sex abuseBy Will Armbruster
DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A former deputy with the Dinwiddie County Sheriff’s Office has been arrested and indicted on charges of child sex abuse.
According to court documents, Hector David Jimenez allegedly forced a 13-year-old girl to have sexual intercourse with him in 2015. Authorities say Jimenez was dating her mother and used his position in law enforcement to intimidate the victim.
Jimenez, 46, was not employed with the Dinwiddie County Sheriff’s Office at the time of the alleged crimes, according to Dinwiddie Commonwealth’s Attorney Anne Baskerville, but was working in law enforcement for another jurisdiction.
Baskerville told 8News that the victim’s family was hesitant to come forward because the suspect was a law enforcement officer, but made it clear that her office wants the entire community to know that regardless where someone works, they will be prosecuted if they break law.
“I do want the community to know that certainly it’s not being swept under the rug, that action, an investigation, and now prosecution is taking place as swiftly as possible,” Baskerville said.
Jimenez, who faces up to 30 years in prison, is charged with aggravated sexual battery and taking indecent liberties with a minor. He was indicted on Tuesday and fired from the Dinwiddie County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday.
Jimenez is being held without bond at Meherrin Regional Jail.
Dinwiddie County, Virginia
Jury finds Perez guilty of child sexual abuse
Patrick Johnston , Times Record
A 69-year-old man was found guilty Wednesday afternoon of sexual abusing two girls in 2013 and 2014.
A jury of seven men and five women spent about two-and-a-half hours mulling over the decision before reaching their verdict in the case of Antonio Parra Perez.
Perez had been accused of four counts of aggravated sexual assault and three counts of indecency with a child by sexual contact. The charges stemmed from allegations made by the girls back in June of 2014.
The jury found him guilty on two counts of aggravated sexual assault and three counts of indecency with a child by sexual contact. They found him not guilty on two other counts of sexual assault.
The jury heard testimony from both victims and their mothers, as well as two women who alleged Perez molested them in Monterrey, Mexico in the late 1960s.
During closing arguments, prosecuting attorney Bret Benedict said no one wants to believe there are normal looking people that can commit these types of crimes.
He pointed to the range of emotions shown by the girls as they spoke on the stand. The younger victim, now-8, was happy and upbeat discussing her weekend but then began sobbing as she tried to speak of the abuse “like a switch was flipped,” Benedict said.
Despite having numerous attempts to change her story, Benedict said the girl kept telling the same story about the incidents in which she said Perez sexually abused her even though it would have been emotionally less difficult for them to say nothing happened.
“It would have been so easy to take back what was said…,” Benedict said to the jurors. “But, you never heard that (from the girls).”
The punishment phase of the trial is expected to begin Thursday, when the jury will determine his sentence. Perez is facing up to life in prison.
Man Sought After Attempted Child Sexual Abuse
At Logan Square Store
CHICAGO (CBS) — Chicago police were asking for the public’s help in finding a man who grabbed a 6-year-old girl in a Logan Square grocery store and tried to sexually abuse her.
Police said the girl was in a store in the 3900 block of West Diversey Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Saturday, when a man lured her over to him, kissed her on the cheek, and put her hand in his pocket.
The girl’s grandmother confronted the man, who then ran away.
She said she watched as a man placed her 6-year-old granddaughter’s hand inside his pants pocket.
Surveillance video does not show that specific incident, but images show Mrs. Rondal confronting the suspect, blocking him from leaving and asking for help.
“Grandma tells me, call the police.”
Bharat Patel was working the counter at the time. He told the man to wait for the police, but the man did not wait. Several minutes later the man runs towards the door. Mrs. Rondal tried to pull him by his backpack, but he gets away.
I’m 56-years old, she said, but I was pulling him with all my strength.
Police said the suspect was described as a white Hispanic man, between 40 and 50 years old, standing between 5-foot-4 and 5-foot-7, with a medium build, olive complexion, medium-length hair, brown eyes, and a thin mustache. He was wearing a black baseball cap, black jacket, white long-sleeved sweatshirt, green camouflage pants, and black boots. He is known to frequent the Logan Square area.
It’s worth noting a large park, Kosciuszko Park, is located on the same block. It has a big playground and attracts a lot of kids. Police warned those children and their parents to be on the alert and report anything suspicious.
Anyone with information about the suspect should call the CPD Special Investigations Unit at 312-492-3810.
The store owner told CBS 2 that he is disappointed it took 50 minutes for officers to respond, but Chicago Police said when the call came in, it was reported a disturbance with an intoxicated male inside. There was no mention about an attack on a child, hence why the call was not prioritized.
Child sex abuse: Things parents might want to know after KC-area teacher is charged
BY MARÁ ROSE WILLIAMS
Children who have been sexually abused may not always exhibit clear signs that are easily identified by a parent.
But experts in treating child victims of sexual assault say that sometimes there are behavioral changes a parent might notice. And they say there’s a right way to question a child to find out if sexual abuse is involved.
“I would not just come out and say to a child, ‘Are you being sexually abused?’ ” said James Anderst, a child abuse pediatrician at Children’s Mercy Hospital.
Such concerns about how to talk to a child about sexual abuse might now be on the minds of Kansas City-area parents in light of the latest investigation into a North Kansas City teacher accused of engaging in sexual acts with a then-16-year-old boy a dozen years ago.
James R. Green, 52, a teacher and coach at Northgate Middle School in the North Kansas City School District, was arrested and charged last week with six counts of second-degree statutory sodomy. Green is accused of sexually assaulting a Smithville High School student in 2005 and carrying on a sexual relationship with him. Police also are investigating allegations that in recent months, Green had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old Blue Springs boy.
The FBI has set up a hotline for possible other victims — 816-805-5138.
Anderst said that in asking about a possible sexual assault, “the best thing a parent can say to their child is, ‘You are not going to get in trouble. I am on your side. It is not your fault. I will make sure you are safe.’ ”
It’s a bad idea, said Anderst, to try to force a child to tell you what you think you might know.
“Kids will tell when they are ready to tell,” he said. If the parent tries to force the issue, Anderst said, “the child may pull back more.”
In 2012, the most recent data from the U.S. Department of Justice shows, more than a quarter of sexual abuse victims that year were 12 to 14 years old, and more than a third were younger than 9. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that about one in six boys and one in four girls are sexually abused before the age of 18.
Erin Hambrick, an assistant professor of pediatric psychology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, said that some of the behaviors an abused child might exhibit are shared by children stressed for many other reasons that have nothing to do with sexual abuse.
Here’s a tip: “Typically, there is not just one behavior” indicating sexual abuse, “but rather a pattern” of behaviors that should alert a parent, Hambrick said.
Behaviors to look for:
▪ A normally outgoing child suddenly seems reserved, quiet, withdrawn.
▪ A normally well-behaved child begins to act out in school, with friends or at home.
▪ A child’s grades suddenly take a dramatic drop.
▪ Parent notices excessive change in a child’s sexual behavior.
▪ A child exhibits sexual behavior that seems too advanced for their age.
▪ A child who suddenly begins to have trouble paying attention or shows sudden shifts in their mood — depression, anxiety or self-destructive behaviors.
Let the child have a voice
“Unfortunately, a lot of children are highly afraid to disclose” information to a parent. Hambrick warns that questions from the parent to a child “should always be open-ended, and let the child have a voice.” Ask how are things going at school, or how was the time you spent bowling with so-and-so.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers the following information about child sexual abuse:
▪ Most offenders are known to the child, and teachers and coaches are included on that list.
▪ Children most susceptible to sexual abuse have obedient, compliant and respectful personalities.
▪ Child sexual abuse often involves more than a single incident and can go on for months and years.
Anderst said parents should pay particular attention if their child seems to spend an unusual amount of time with any one adult, talks about getting preferential treatment on a regular basis from a teacher or coach, or comes home with inappropriate gifts from an adult.
And if a parent thinks their child may have been the victim of sexual abuse by a teacher, “call the police” Hambrick said. “Call child protective services.” And “try not to show extreme anger. To the child, that translates: ‘I shouldn’t have said anything about it.’ Transmit two messages: This is not your fault, and we are going to keep you safe, and express that verbally and in body language.”
Ex-NYPD sergeant gets 28 years for persuading women to sexually abuse infants and children
BY ANDREW KESHNER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
A disgraced ex-NYPD sergeant who a prosecutor called one of the worst child sex abusers ever to pass through Brooklyn federal court was sentenced to 28 years in prison.
A judge sentenced Alberto Randazzo Wednesday after he pleaded guilty in July to receiving child pornography and conspiring with at least five women — sometimes the children’s own mothers — to sexually exploit the young victims.
Federal guidelines recommended Randazzo serve upwards of 80 years.
Though Brooklyn Federal Judge Pamela Chen called Randazzo's crimes “heinous and depraved,” she said 80 years was too severe. She let out a deep sigh before announcing the sentence length.
Randazzo met the women on sites like Match.com and Ashelymadison.com, then groomed them to prey on children. Randazzo watched the abuse on Skype calls and traveled to hotel rooms at least twice in the hopes of watching the abuse up front.
The victims ranged from under 1 to 8 years old. The sick spree started as early as 2010 and ran through early 2013, prosecutors said, when Randazzo was a supervisor in the Midtown North Precinct.
“This is a life no one would wish on any child,” said Chen.
While the judge noted Randazzo’s public service “has to mean something,” she added that “he should've known better.”
Randazzo, 40, apologized to his family, the judge, prosecutors and everyone harmed by what happened — though he didn’t specifically mention his child victims. “I will not and cannot justify anything that happened here,” he said.
His mother sobbed during the proceeding and told Randazzo she loved him as he was taken out of the courtroom.
The ex-cop said he felt “this progression” that he couldn’t stop. It was “a darkness I couldn't wish on anyone.”
Evil is progressive! There could hardly be a more compelling example!
Randazzo said he actually felt grateful to be sitting in a courtroom, saying the only other outcome would have been suicide.
Though he ended up with a 28-year sentence, prosecutors wanted at least 35 years.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Tyler Smith called Randazzo among the worst child sex offenders to come through the Brooklyn federal system. Randazzo “literally created child abusers,” said Smith.
Still, the judge said prison would be tough for a former police officer who’s been convicted on such charges. The judge said he faced a high risk of harm from other prisoners - or a lot of time in solitary as a way to protect him. “These will not be easy years,” she said.
Randazzo's lawyer, Anthony DiFiore, had pushed for 15 years, sometimes struggling with the best way to phrase his case for leniency.
“He's not a demon, my client. He’s not an animal,” said DiFiore — who admitted it upset him to be Randazzo's lawyer.
He may not be a demon or an animal now, but he certainly was both of those while he was abusing children. He allowed himself the indulgence of living without any kind of moral restraint.
DiFiore said Randazzo now couldn’t “even bring himself to hear the language” he used to persuade women to abuse the children. “It's reprehensible. He knows that. I know that.”
Authorities got on to the stomach-turning case in 2013 when Randazzo's girlfriend at the time came across texts he’d sent to another woman saying he wanted to have sex with her on a child’s bed.
The girlfriend also discovered child pornography on his phone. She told the Internal Affairs Bureau and made Randazzo think she was into his sick desires until he was caught.
Among his revolting texts, he said he wanted to have a child so he and the mother could abuse the baby together.
The NYPD said it fired Randazzo the same day he pleaded guilty, in July.
On Wednesday, Police Commissioner James O'Neill said Randazzo’s “exploitation of innocent children is unconscionable.”
Acting Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Bridget Rohde said Randazzo “lived a double life, publicly serving as an NYPD police officer while privately engaging in conduct to exploit the most vulnerable members of the community — our children.”
Three of the women Randazzo solicited for the perverted acts face criminal cases in Brooklyn federal court.
One is awaiting trial and two others have pleaded guilty. One of the women got a five-year sentence and the other is awaiting sentencing.
Stony Point: Man charged with 'violent'
sexual assault on child
STONY POINT — A 25-year-old man from Tomkins Cove has been arrested for engaging in "several violent criminal sexual acts" with a young child, police said Wednesday.
Marc A. Melter faces 10 felony counts: three counts each of predatory sexual assault against a child, criminal sexual act first degree against a child and aggravated sexual abuse, as well as a single count of second-degree assault, Stony Point police said in a press release.
The victim in the case was less than 7 years old, police said.
Melter was arrested Tuesday, following an investigation into a report "of a possible sexual assault on a child" within the last month in a Tomkins Cove apartment, police said. The Rockland County department of Child Protective Services assisted in the investigation, police said.
Melter lives at the Prospect Apartments in Tomkins Cove and formerly lived on Wilton Circle in New City, police said.
He was arraigned in Stony Point Justice Court and sent to the Rockland County Jail without bail. He is due back in court April 21.
Tompkins Cove, NY
Two Suspects Arrested in Child Sexual Abuse Investigation
WINNIPEG, MB – Winnipeg Police Internet Child Exploitation Unit has arrested two suspects in connection with an investigation into child sexual abuse imagery and sexual assault.
This investigation began because of a tip from the public. Without the public’s vigilance and support, investigators would not have been able to intervene and locate the victim in this case. Child sexual abuse imagery affects us all and occurs in every community.
The Winnipeg Police Service wishes to thank those individuals who came forward and encourages everyone to continue to play a part in protecting the most vulnerable members of our communities.
In December, 2016, members of the Winnipeg Police General Patrol Unit received a report from a member of the public that child pornography images had been posted on a social media account. The Winnipeg Police Service Internet Child Exploitation Unit (ICE), assisted by the Technical Crime Unit, began a lengthy investigation identifying two suspects.
In February, 2017, as a result of the execution of a Search Warrant and the discovery of child sexual abuse images, two suspects were arrested.
They were charged with numerous offences, including; Possess Child Pornography, Make Available Child Pornography, Distribute, Sell or Possess for the Purpose of Distribution or Sale, and Fail to Comply with Undertaking.
The investigation continued, spanning more than five months, and ultimately uncovered evidence of the sexual assaults of a five-year-old Winnipeg child. That child has been identified and is now safe.
The discovery of the sexual abuse images led to the re-arrest in April, 2017 of the same two accused. The suspects now face additional charges of Sexual Assault, Sexual Interference, making Child Pornography, Import, Distribute, Sell or Possess for the Purpose of Distribution or Sale relating to the images and videos seized.
Information on internet child exploitation can be found at Cybertip.ca – owned and operated by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.