|Three suspects are all on bail until March 2016 while Surrey Police's |
Operation Ravine investigation
Former music mogul Jonathan King and two other men have been released on bail after being questioned over claims of historic child sex abuse at the Walton Hop teenage disco.
King is an English singer-songwriter, record producer, music entrepreneur, and former TV and radio presenter.
Surrey Police arrested the three men on Wednesday morning (September 9) as part of Operation Ravine, the force's new investigation into alleged sex offences at the disco - which was run out of the Playhouse venue in Hepworth Way - during the 1970s and 1980s.
They were arrested on suspicion of various sexual offences involving boys under the age of 16.
On Thursday morning police said two of the men, a 77-year-old and an 86-year-old from Walton, had been released on bail while the investigation continues.
Mr King, 70 and from Bayswater in London, was similarly released on bail on Thursday afternoon.
All three men are due to report back to police on March 9 next year.
The arrests came 10 months after Surrey Police announced a renewed investigation following its previous probe into the Walton Hop Disco, which ended in 2001.
The force said in a statement on Wednesday: "Operation Ravine was established in late 2014 following a review by Merseyside Police into the Surrey Police investigation entitled Operation Arundel, which launched in 2000.
"The independent review was commissioned in January 2014 to ensure all lines of inquiry had been identified.
"A number of actions have subsequently been progressed under Operation Ravine leading to new allegations of sexual offences being identified."
In other words - no more Jimmy Saviles.