Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Sunday, 16 October 2016

Teacher, Amber Alert Suspect, and Man with $2.2m Bond Among Today's P&Ps

Amber Alert abduction suspect accused of child sex abuse; has history of working with children
BY MATT MCDONALD

SALT LAKE CITY -- The man accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 11-year-old Ogden boy worked as a school teacher in Utah for years.

Weston Kubbe, 37, of Murray, was arrested after an Amber Alert was issued in South Ogden for a missing child. The child was found at Best Buy in Murray and Kubbe was arrested near his house a few blocks away.

He was booked into the Weber County Jail on charges including child kidnapping, aggravated sexual abuse of a child and enticing a minor by internet or text.

Sgt. Wil DeHart said detectives are looking into all aspects of Kubbe’s life, including if there is a history of enticing children and if there are any other victims.

Kubbe has an extensive history working with kids.  From 2001-07, he worked in an afterschool program for the Murray School District. After the grant funding for the program ended, he worked intermittently as a substitute teacher in the Murray School District from 2007-08.

He also worked for the Jordan School District for the 2007-08 school year. Some of those days were in a school that is now part of the Canyons School District.

Kubbe was also registered to work as a sub in the Granite School District in the 2007-08 school year.

“Statistics are one in five kids are sexually solicited online,” said Michelle Busch-Upwall and education specialist with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.

She warns parents to monitor their kids social media accounts, download the same apps they have on their phones and start an open conversation to warn their children about online predators.

“It makes access so much easier to our kids so we’ve got to let them know, personal information, we don’t want to put all that personal information online. We want to make sure our accounts are private accounts,” Busch-Upwall said.

South Ogden Police say the 11-year-old victim’s parents, though separated, are involved and active in their son’s life.

“A predator was able to sneak between the parents and was able to get him out of the house,” DeHart said.




Alabama man charged with child sex abuse

Times Free Press

A Collinsville, Ala., man is behind bars on charges he sexually abused a child under age 12, the DeKalb County sheriff said today.

Pedro Serafin Salgado, 21, was arrested after an investigation by the Department of Human Resources and the Child Advocacy Center, Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a news release.

He said the investigation began after the department received a report of alleged sex abuse on Oct. 6, but gave no details about the case. 

Salgado is in the DeKalb County Detention Center on $20,000 bond.

    Collinsville, AL



$2.2 million bond set in ‘really, really bad’
child sex-abuse case
BY ANITA LEE, Sun Herald

When she found the sex toy, the mother feared her young daughter had been abused.

Even more suspicious, the girl, who was under age 12, was reluctant to talk with her mother about what had happened. The mother reported her suspicions to the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office, Chief Investigator Glenn Grannan said, and investigators went from there.

Deputies arrested Alex Jackie Pearson, 66, Thursday afternoon at his home in Kiln. He is charged with more than 20 counts of sexual battery, touching a child for lustful purposes and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, Grannan said.

Justice Court Judge Tommy Carver set Pearson’s bond at $2.2 million. Pearson is being held in the Hancock County jail.

Deputies were armed with a search warrant. They seized sex toys like the ones the girl had described and electronics, Grannan said.

He has been abusing her for some time now, probably a year,” Grannan said. “It’s really, really, bad. It’s really hard. She’s a sweetheart of a little girl, bubbly personality.”

    Kiln, MI



Georgia man arrested on child sexual abuse charges

Decatur Daily
An Athens man is being held in Limestone County Jail on charges of sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl.

Rex Allen Locke, 48, 16050 American Way, is accused of inappropriately touching the child and forcing her to inappropriately touch his body, according to an affidavit filed by Limestone County investigator Leslie Ramsey.

Limestone County authorities began the investigation after the child's mother notified authorities Wednesday.

Deputy Chris Frasier responded to the call and spoke with the mother and a cousin of the victim who confirmed the abuse, according to court records.

According to Frasier, the abuse took place after the victim got off the school bus and "has been happening for a long time."

If found guilty, Locke faces up to 20 years in prison. He would also be required to register as a sex offener.


He remains in Limestone County Jail with bail set at $50,000.





Florida man gets 25 years' home confinement
for child sex abuse
By COURTNEY HESSLER, Herald Dispatch

HUNTINGTON - A Huntington man was sentenced to more than 45 years of supervision Friday after he was sentenced to home confinement for sexually abusing a 4-year-old child.

David Marcum, 42, of Huntington, entered a Kennedy plea to first-degree sexual abuse before Cabell Circuit Judge Alfred E. Ferguson. The count alleges Marcum forced oral sex upon the child.

A Kennedy plea means Marcum did not have to explain his role in the crime or admit guilt.

Ferguson sentenced him to five to 25 years, but agreed it could be served on home confinement. Marcum also will have to serve 40 years of supervised release after he completes his sentence.

Marcum told Ferguson he was grateful for the sentencing.

"I just wanted to thank the court for its consideration and thank you for the opportunity to continue working for my family," he said. "I'm sure I'll (meet) your expectation."

According to assistant prosecutor Kellie Neal, the victim was visiting her parent when Marcum assaulted the child. Neal previously said the child was told she would receive a lollipop after.

When the child returned to her father's home, she told him about the incident.

Defense attorney Ricard Vital and Neal said they came to the plea agreement with the blessing of the child's father to avoid having the child testify at trial.

Ferguson said he honored the agreement, although he said Marcum continuously professed his innocence.

"Being a father, a grandfather and a great-grandfather at this time, I can't imagine somebody sexually abusing a child in the family," he said. "You've maintained your innocence all this time, but you all made an agreement."

The victim and her family declined to address the court in person Friday, but Ferguson said the child was now doing well.

"We have a letter from the little girl's father that was very heartfelt," he said. "He indicated in there several times he had trouble even putting down on paper what his feelings were in this case. I can understand that."

Vital said Marcum was found to be at a very low risk to re-offend based on an investigation into his criminal and personal history.

I suspect there is more to this story than they are telling us. If the father is satisfied with the deal, then let's hope and pray it works out for the benefit of the girl.





Ottawa man accused of distributing
child sex abuse images

Police seized computers, a cellphone and external memory
drives from a Stittsville property
CBC News 


Police say they received several reports indicated that an IP address, in the Ottawa area, was uploading images and video of child sexual abuse. (CBC)

An Ottawa man has been accused of sharing images and videos of children being sexual abused online after a five month investigation that included tips from as far as Interpol in the United Kingdom.

The 63-year-old man was arrested Friday and charged with three counts of possession of child pornography, two counts of distribution of child pornography and two counts of making available child pornography, according to Ottawa police.

The National Child Exploitation Coordination Centre forwarded Ottawa police two reports from a cyber tip line in late May and early June 2016, including that an IP address in Ottawa was uploading images and videos of children being sexually abused on a private online chat room known as "ChatStep," police said.

In early October, Ottawa police also received a report from Interpol Manchester that an Ottawa IP address was involved with chats on Skype about abusing children. 

Police said information acquired after serving a warrant to the Internet service provider reveals the cases were all linked to the same location.

Police also executed a search warrant in Stittsville on Friday, and seized computers, a cellphone and external memory drives to be analyzed. 


The suspect is scheduled to appear in court for a bail hearing on Saturday.

    Stittsville, ON