Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Monday, 13 March 2017

A Private School and a Christian School Teacher on Today's P&P List

Private school teacher charged with CSA of student - D.C.
2 ex-Penn State officials plead guilty to cover-up - Pennsylvania
17 y/o sentenced for sex assaults on <10 y/o - New York
Christian School teacher has to wait for sentencing - New York
Tulsa's Most Wanted Man a Pedophile - Oklahoma
Man charged with CSA of <12 y/o held on $120,000 bail - Alabama
Registered sex offender arrested again for CSA - No. Carolina
Pedophile gives up after threatening to shoot self - Kentucky

Georgetown Day teacher charged with child sex abuse 
By Peter Hermann and Keith L. Alexander
Washington Post

A history teacher at Georgetown Day School accused of sexual misconduct with a student kissed a 14-year-old girl and touched her inappropriately, according to an arrest affidavit filed in D.C. Superior Court.

The teacher, Mark Elder Allen-Gifford, 31, of Northwest Washington was arrested Friday and made his initial appearance in D.C. Superior Court on Saturday on charges of felony and misdemeanor child sexual abuse. He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

His attorney, James D. Colt, declined to comment when reached Monday.

The private school in Northwest Washington has more than 1,000 students in prekindergarten through 12th grade. In a letter sent to parents by email Sunday, the school said that Allen-Gifford has been put on leave, is barred from the campus and may not contact students.

The letter said that staffers would speak to members of the high school baseball and basketball teams that Allen-Gifford coached. He also was a faculty sponsor for the middle school debate and gender-equality clubs.

Allen-Gifford is listed on the staff of DC Dynasty, a nonprofit youth baseball instructional league. A representative at the organization declined to comment.

The arrest affidavit made public Monday says the girl told police that she met with the teacher off-campus several times and chatted with him on an Internet messaging application between Jan. 1 and March 5. She said that the two talked about sex and that one time he kissed her and touched her on her thigh.

According to the affidavit, ­Allen-Gifford admitted to police that he met with the girl, talked about sex with her and kissed her one time. He said he did not recall touching her, according to the affidavit.

Allen-Gifford was released from jail Saturday and has a preliminary hearing scheduled for March 29.

2 ex-Penn State officials plead guilty in child-sex scandal

Two former Penn State administrators accused of covering up child sexual abuse allegations against Jerry Sandusky pleaded guilty to reduced charges Monday, more than five years after the scandal rocked the university and led to the downfall of football coach Joe Paterno.

Tim Curley, a 62-year-old former athletic director, and Gary Schultz, 67, a one-time vice president, could get up to five years in prison for misdemeanor child endangerment. No sentencing date was set.

They struck a deal in which prosecutors dropped three felony charges of child endangerment and conspiracy that carried up to seven years each.

Former Penn State President Graham Spanier, 68, was also charged in the scandal, and the case against him appears to be moving forward, with jury selection set for next week. His lawyers and the lead prosecutor had no comment.

The three administrators handled a 2001 complaint by a graduate assistant who said he saw Sandusky, a retired member of the coaching staff, sexually abusing a boy in a team shower. They failed in their legal duty by not reporting the matter to police or child welfare authorities, prosecutors said.

Graham Spanier and Joe Paterno
As a result, prosecutors said, Sandusky went on to abuse more boys, one of them in the Penn State showers.

Sandusky was not arrested until a decade later. He was convicted in 2012 of molesting 10 boys and is serving 30 to 60 years behind bars.

Shortly after Sandusky's arrest, Paterno was fired over his handling of the matter. Paterno, one of the winningest coaches in college football history, died of lung cancer a few months later at 85. He was never charged with a crime.

A report commissioned by the university and conducted by former FBI Director Louis Freeh concluded that the beloved coach and the three others hushed up the allegations against Sandusky for fear of bad publicity.

Robert J. Donatoni, a past president of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, said state sentencing guidelines indicate the defendants could get probation or a jail term of several months.

Kristen Houser of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape expressed concern that the defendants might be let off easy.

"It's nice to have accountability, that's important," she said, "but the possibility of such a low level of punishment in the end does not seem to fit the very high level of disruption and harm and trauma that have been experienced, first and foremost, by the victims."

Penn State's costs related to the Sandusky scandal are approaching a quarter-billion dollars.

That includes a recent $12 million verdict in the whistleblower and defamation case brought by Mike McQueary, the former graduate coaching assistant whose testimony helped convict Sandusky.

The university has also paid $93 million in settlements with 33 people who claimed they were sexually abused by Sandusky. In addition, Penn State was fined $48 million by the NCAA.

The NCAA imposed other heavy sanctions against the football program, cutting scholarships, barring the team from postseason play and stripping Penn State and Paterno of 112 victories dating to 1998. The NCAA later eased its penalties and restored the wins.

This past season marked the return of Penn State football as a top program. The Nittany Lions won the Big Ten championship and made it to the Rose Bowl.

According to investigators, McQueary went to Paterno a day after the shower encounter to discuss what he had seen. Paterno alerted Curley and Schultz, and McQueary met with both of them about a week later.

The administrators told Sandusky he could not bring children onto campus anymore, but they had no plan to enforce that rule, prosecutors said.

It was not until nine years later that an anonymous email sent to a district attorney led investigators to approach McQueary in the case.

Prosecutors on Monday also cited a 1998 complaint against Sandusky over his showering with a boy on campus that led to a campus police investigation and notification of the county prosecutor but no charges. Sandusky admitted hugging the youngster in the shower, and promised never to shower with a boy again.

That left Sandusky free to continue working with boys at his charity, his summer football camps and the nearby high school.

The U.S. Education Department fined the university a record $2.4 million for not recording the 1998 case on its daily crime log, as required under federal law.

Teen sentenced in child sex abuse case

A 17-year-old boy who admitted sexually assaulting two children was denied youthful offender status and sentenced to six months in jail Friday in Genesee County Court.

Judge Charles Zambito also sentenced Shawn T. Rushok to 10 years of probation and Rushok will have to register with the New York State Sex Offender Registry.

Rushok was arrested in August after an investigation into allegations that he sexually assaulted a child under age 11 while in Le Roy in December, 2016. Further investigation led to more charges against Rushok, who pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree sexual abuse.

Rushok was 17 and living in Le Roy at the time of his arrest and has since had a residence in Batavia.

A former teacher at a Christian school
had his sentencing adjourned

Daniel J. Brown, 29, of Farmington, Ontario County, was scheduled to be sentenced for third-degree criminal sexual act. Brown admitting having sexual contact with a child under age 17.

Brown was arrested in both Genesee and Ontario counties after a state police investigation revealed he was having a sexual relationship with a child under 17, with instances happening in both counties. The victim is from Genesee County, Assistant District Attorney Kevin Finnell said.

Brown’s case was first heard in Ontario County Court, where he pleaded guilty to third-degree rape. Brown was sentenced on Feb. 21 to two years in prison.

Brown, before his arrest, worked as a part-time music teacher at Genesee Country Christian School in Geneseo. The victim was not a student and investigators do not believe Brown committed any inappropriate conduct while teaching at the school.

Brown is now scheduled to be sentenced March 22 in County Court.

Farmington, NY

Man wanted for child sex abuse named
Tulsa's Most Wanted
by Jessica Remer

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) -- Tulsa police are searching for a man wanted for child sex abuse.

Cesareo Martinez, 38, is wanted out of Tulsa County for sexual abuse of a child younger than 12.

Upon his arrest, Martinez will be jailed on $100,000 bond.

Police describe Martinez as Hispanic, about 5 feet 5 inches tall and 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on Martinez's whereabouts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (918) 596-COPS or email crimestoppers@cityoftulsa.org.

Alabama man charged with sex abuse of a child,
held on $120,000 bond
By Carol Robinson | AL.com

A 32-year-old man is behind bars in Tuscaloosa County, accused of sexually abusing a child.

Daundre Freeman was taken into custody Saturday, according to Tuscaloosa County Jail records. He is being held on $120,000 bond.

A grand jury indicted Freeman in February, but that indictment wasn't made public until Monday. He is charged with sex abuse of a child under the age of 12, according to the indictment, but court records don't provide further details.

Freeman made his first court appearance via video Monday morning, at which point he was appointed a public defender. No further court dates have yet been set.

Convicted sex offender charged with more
child sex abuse crimes
by Jennifer Saylor

MCDOWELL COUNTY, N.C. (WLOS) The McDowell County Sheriff’s Office has charged Christopher Scott McEntire, 44, of Camp Creek Road in Old Fort, with six counts of taking indecent liberties with a child.

Deputies say it is alleged that McEntire had inappropriate sexual contact with a 12-year-old male acquaintance on multiple occasions earlier in 2017.

McEntire is already a registered sex offender, having been convicted of five counts of second-degree sex offense in McDowell County in January 2004. 

The sheriff’s office received the case on a referral from the McDowell County Department of Social Services.

He was sentenced to 10 years in prison and was released and registered as a sex offender in May 2010.

I'm presuming he is in cells now. It would be nice if this article mentioned that.

Old Fort, NC

Man Accused of Child Sex Abuse Allegedly
Threatens to Shoot Himself
Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director

OWENSBORO, Ky. — Daviess County deputies responded to a report of a man making threats with a handgun yesterday afternoon after allegations of him being involved in a sexual assault with a victim under the age of 12.

According to the Daviess County Sheriff’s Office, police responded to 6770 Lamplite Circle, Owensboro, after a report that Ricky Goatee, 61, had threatened to shoot himself. Witnesses reported to the deputies that Goatee had stepped outside and fired a round from his 40 caliber handgun into the air, and then went back inside the trailer.

Deputies negotiated with Goatee for several hours after which, Goatee was taken into custody. After an interview with police, Goatee was charged with first-degree sexual abuse – victim under 12 and second-degree wanton endangerment.