Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!
3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here
Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour
Thursday, 14 June 2018
2,300 Pedophiles Arrested, Child Sex Dolls Banned, 2 Fugitives, Many Other Stories on Today's USA PnP List
Over 2,300 suspected child sex offenders arrested in nationwide bust
I have been looking for 2 days to find a decent report on this story and haven't found one. The story fails to identify the crimes of more than 2100 of the 2300 apparently arrested. One can only assume that they were arrested for possessing child pornography.
By Greg Norman, Fox News
A massive raid carried out against suspected child sex offenders netted more than 2,300 arrests across the US, the Justice Department announced Wednesday, as it vowed to “strike back against these repugnant crimes.”
The three-month operation, dubbed “Broken Heart,” ended in May after being conducted by Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task forces located in all 50 states, comprising more than 4,500 law enforcement agencies at the federal, state, local and tribal levels.
“No child should ever have to endure sexual abuse,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a statement. “And yet, in recent years, certain forms of modern technology have facilitated the spread of child pornography and created greater incentives for its production. We at the Department of Justice are determined to strike back against these repugnant crimes.”
The Justice Department said 195 of those arrested were involved with producing child pornography or have committed child sexual abuse. The investigation also identified 383 children who had suffered abuse.
The raid targeted suspects who produced and distributed child porn, engaged children online or in person for sexual purposes, and participated in sex trafficking.
“During the course of the operation, the task forces investigated more than 25,200 complaints of technology-facilitated crimes against children and delivered more than 3,700 presentations on Internet safety to over 390,000 youth and adults,” it added in a statement.
The Justice Department says the ICAC program, since its launch in 1998, has resulted in more than 83,000 arrests.
Lawmakers move to ban child sex dollsBY LISA SPEAR
US Lawmakers are moving to ban child sex dolls, which they say “normalizes sex between adults and minors.”
A ban on child sex robots passed through the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday and will move on to the Senate. The dolls, which are designed to look like real children, have stirred much debate about the ethics of the use of lifelike machines to simulate sex. Some experts warn these dolls could reinforce thoughts of pedophilia.
“Right now, a few clicks on a computer can allow a predator to order a vile child sex doll. This is not only disturbing – but also endangers the most innocent among us. Once an abuser tires of practicing on a doll, it’s a small step to move on to a child,” said Rep. Dan Donovan, a New York Republican who sponsored the legislation said in a statement.
Convicted Sex Offender Arrested in Arkansas, Charged Again With Possessing Child Porn
An Arkansas man who was convicted of possessing child pornography was arrested again for the same crime late last month, authorities said.
Joshua Box, 35, of Fayetteville, was indicted last week by a federal grand jury for receiving and possessing child pornography.
According to KTLA sister station KFSM in Fort Smith, Arkansas, Box is accused of receiving thousands of images and videos of child pornography on four occasions. He allegedly owned a hard drive that contained pornographic images of children under the age of 12.
Box moved to Fayetteville earlier this year. In a post on Facebook, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office warned that Box was a Level 2 sex offender. At the time of the post on May 22, he was not wanted for any crimes.
The Sheriff’s Office said in a post on Facebook that it would only notify the public of a sex offender’s release “when the release of such information will enhance public safety and protection.”
Box was previously convicted of possession of child pornography in 2015, court records show. He is due in court to face the new charges in August.
KTLA sister station WJW in Cleveland, Ohio, reached out to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office to find out how Box suffered his facial injuries. No one at the Sheriff’s Office or jail was able to provide the information.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office posted the statement on Facebook about their decision to warn residents:
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities; but it wasn’t until passage of the Sex and Childs Offender Registration Act that law enforcement even knew where they were living. In many cases, law enforcement is now able to share that information with you. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate, or harass registered sex offenders will not be tolerated. Further, such abuse could potentially end law enforcement’s ability to do community notification.
We believe the only person who benefits if community notification ends is the sex offender, since sex offenders derive their power through secrecy.
Number of alleged victims doubles in Rochester Diocese child sex abuse scandal
A local priest has stepped down from his position following accusations of abusing children in a local church.
Father Thomas Valenti, one of eight priests recently named by a high-profile attorney, has stepped down in light of the allegations.
The Diocese confirms Valenti “asked to be relieved of his duties at this time. He remains a pastoral administrator.” Valenti -- along with Eugene Emo and David Simon -- was previously named as alleged sexual abusers of children.
The Diocese found the 2003 claims unsubstantiated and say no other claims were ever made against him. Last week, Lawyer Mitchell Garabedian says he's been contacted by 17 victims in the last six months, two of them being women.
Garabedian says the alleged abuse happened between 1950 and 1978 and that the victims were between 5 and 18 years old.
In the week since the allegations surfaced, the number of alleged victims has doubled to 33.
The attorney representing the victims also claims more priests have been named.
“I was a very innocent kid,” said Carol Dupre, who claims she was abused by Father George Hogan back in 1962 at age 15.
Decades later, the 71-year-old is relieved to finally share her story publicly.
“I feel like it’s going to bring about a completion of something that needs to be finished in my life,” said Dupre.
Dupre says her mother reported the incident to the Diocese but never heard back. “She wrote a letter to the Diocese of Rochester, may have made phone calls, don’t know everything she did but I do know she was ignored,” said Duprey.
Duprey says another classmate claims her reports were also ignored following alleged abuse by Hogan in the early 60’s. A decade ago Dupre attempted to reach the Diocese but claims she was told they had no reports for her or her classmate.
Hogan retired from the Diocese in 1965. The attorney on the case is demanding to know why. “Why was he placed in retirement? Was it after these reports? Was it because of these reports?” Mitchell Garabedian qustioned.
The Diocese tells News10NBC “we encourage victims to come forward and participate in our process. That way we can investigate these matters, many of which happened decades ago.”
The Diocese confirms the church has paid $1.7-million to 20 child sex abuse victims since the 70’s.
The Diocese has also brought on an independent investigator and administrator to go through each claim and determine an appropriate compensation for victims. The district attorney tells News10NBC that she has not had any new complaints since 2012.
Victims of the clergy sexual abuse are encouraged to contact civil authorities. To receive any sort of help or guidance from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester contact Victim Assistance Coordinator Deborah Housel at (585) 328-3210 ext. 1555 or toll-free at 1-800-388-7177. You can also send an email to email@example.com
Alaska man charged on 16 counts of sex abuse against children, has pre-trial hearing Friday
By JACOB MANN Frontiersman.com
PALMER— Seth Loggins, the 27-year-old accused of sexually assaulting at least eight boys and girls between the ages of 4 to 14 is scheduled for a pre-trial conference Friday, June 15 at the Palmer Courthouse.
Loggins was arrested on April 18 after an investigation by the Child Abuse Investigation Unit working with the Alaska State Troopers (AST). More alleged victims have been added to the original indictment. Loggins is now facing felony charges that include 16 counts of sexual abuse of a minor in the first degree, one count of assault in the second degree, and eight counts of harassment.
Wolf in sheep's clothing
Loggins is accused of several incidents dating back to 2012. Loggins, who was also at one point a school bus driver, knew many people in the community through church and was close to several families within that church. He was seen as a “positive male role model” before anyone had any idea what prosecutors allege was lurking beneath.
“He took advantage of his church!” one grandfather exclaimed during Loggins’ emotional bail hearing.
On April 14, AST received a report of harm from a victim’s parent, saying their 11 year old son was penetrated by Loggins with a “butt plug” as well as three other boys he washed, according to a complaint filed by AST. All the children interviewed stated that Loggins used various sexual toys on them.
After several interviews with the victims and their families, Loggins was arrested and denied any sexual abuse. A search revealed nude images of a child with their pants down to their ankles on Loggins’ phone, along with various “selfies” taken with children bowling and at the park, according to the complaint. Authorities also say they found a purple and blue “butt plug” in Loggins’ room.
Loggins is scheduled to go to trial on July 2.
Texas police looking for man wanted for
sexual abuse of a child
By Kaitlin Johnson,
CANYON, TX (KFDA) -
Canyon police are asking for help locating a man wanted for sexual abuse of a child.
Police say Jorge Negrete-Villa is wanted for sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14.
If you know where he may be, call Amarillo Crime Stoppers at (806) 374-4400 or the Canyon Police Department at (806) 655-5005.
Child Sex Abuse Suspect Walks Away From Tulsa Court
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police are looking for a Broken Arrow man who walked away from court this week after being charged with child sex abuse. Motaz Barzak came to his court appearance as scheduled then disappeared, records show.
Barzak is charged with four felony counts of sexual abuse of a minor. He was arrested in March after police say he caught a young teenage girl sending what he thought were inappropriate texts to a boy. Police say he began sexually abusing her as a way of punishment.
Barzak was already serving a deferred sentence for physically abusing the same girl.
A warrant is out for his arrest. If you know where Barzak is, you're asked to call police.
Jurors recommend 33 years in prison for OK woman who enabled child sexual abuse
By Elizabeth Ridenour | CNHI News Oklahoma
MUSKOGEE, Okla. — A woman who provided a child for a man to sexually assault in exchange for money was found guilty Wednesday.
Heather Suzanne Barbee, 35, was convicted of one count of enabling child sexual abuse after jurors deliberated less than an hour. She had been charged with two counts of enabling child sexual abuse, but jurors convicted her on one count and not the other, said District Attorney Orvil Loge.
The jury determined Barbee should spend 33 years in prison. Most defendants are sentenced following the completion of a presentence investigation, but Barbee waived the investigation and asked District Court Judge Mike Norman to impose the sentence Wednesday, according to court records.
Assistant District Attorney Nalani Ching asked that Barbee's sentence run consecutive with other cases she is serving in the Oklahoma Department of Corrections.
Norman said he would make a ruling at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Barbee was accused of sending "juveniles ... to perform sexual acts with an adult. The suspect then received payment from the adult in exchange for her not reporting the incident to the police,” the probable cause affidavit in her case says.
That adult, Glenn Douglas Smith, 60, of Muskogee, pleaded guilty to two counts child sexual abuse, soliciting a minor for indecent exposure, and possession of juvenile pornography. He received 30 years in prison (last story on link) on three counts and 20 years in prison on the fourth, and a $1,000 fine for each count, according to court records.
All but the first 25 years of the 30-year sentences were suspended, and each sentence is to run concurrently. Smith also will have to register as a sex offender upon his release.
Smith pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 13-year-old on New Year’s Eve 2013 by “performing oral sex” on the child, according to court documents.
NY man charged with sexual abuse of a child
A Clintondale man was arrested Wednesday after state police said he sexually abused a child under 3 years old.
Adan Sanchez, 31, faces charges including first-degree sexual abuse, a felony, and child endangerment, a misdemeanor.
Sanchez was arraigned in Saugerties Town Court and sent to the Ulster County Jail, police said.
Washington sex offender sentenced in North Dakota to 8 ½ years in federal prison for attempted sex acts with minor
BISMARCK, N.D. — A Washington man, who has a prior conviction for sexual assault, was sentenced Monday to serve 8 ½ years in federal prison for attempting to transport a minor to engage in sexual acts.
This sentence resulted from an investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the Bismarck (North Dakota) Police Department, and the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI).
Timothy Joshua Adam Carnahan, 24, of Longview, Washington, was sentenced by Chief U.S. District Judge Daniel L. Hovland on charges of attempted transportation to engage in unlawful sexual acts with a minor. Carnahan must also serve 10 years of supervised release after he completes his prison sentence.
This investigation was initiated when Carnahan responded to an ad on Craigslist that advertised the availability of a young female as an escort. Unbeknownst to Carnahan, the ad was placed online by an officer with the Bismarck Police Department acting in an undercover capacity as a 17-year-old female.
Carnahan arranged to pick up the minor female at a local shopping center and take her to his residence to engage in sexual acts. Upon arrival at the shopping center, Carnahan was arrested. During an interviewed with law enforcement authorities, he admitted his intent to engage in sexual acts with a minor. Carnahan has a prior sexual assault conviction from 2012 in Washington.
This investigation was conducted under HSI’s Operation Predator, an international initiative to protect children from sexual predators. Since the launch of Operation Predator in 2003, HSI has arrested more than 16,000 individuals for crimes against children, including the production and distribution of online child pornography, traveling overseas for sex with minors, and sex trafficking of children. In fiscal year 2016, more than 2,600 child predators were arrested by HSI special agents under this initiative and more than 800 victims identified or rescued.