Nate Hanson , KGW
PORTLAND, Oregon – A 39-year-old Portland man was arrested Wednesday on accusations of child sexual abuse.
The investigation into Chandler began on Aug. 10 when officers responded to a Southeast Portland home on a report of child sex abuse and the possession of child pornography. The victim, who is now an adult, said the incidents occurred over a 10-year period, according to Sgt. Pete Simpson of Portland police.
On Aug. 18, detectives served a search warrant at Chandler’s home in the 14900 block of Southeast Division Street and seized several items of evidence.
Chandler's juvenile children have been placed into protective custody, Simpson said.
Anyone with information about the case should call Detective Jeff Meyers at 503-823-0595.
QUEENSBURY — Shane M. Hogan, 19, of Coolidge Avenue, pleaded guilty earlier this year to first-degree sexual abuse, a felony, for sexual contact with a child under the age of 15 when she was "physically helpless," court records show.
Warren County Judge John Hall placed him on interim probation for a year, but he violated probation when he was re-arrested on misdemeanor petit larceny and false personation charges in May, and did not meet conditions of sex offender treatment, according to court records.
Hall sentenced Hogan to 2 years in prison to be followed by 10 years on parole.
BY NISHA GUTIERREZ-JAIME
A Newhall man was sentenced Wednesday to 48 years in state prison for sexually abusing 10 children over 15 years, and his live-in girlfriend received five years formal probation.
Francisco Avendaño, 42, pleaded no contest on July 6 to 12 counts of lewd acts upon a child under 14, two counts of lewd acts on a child 14 years old and one count each of lewd acts upon a child 15 years old and continuous sexual abuse, according to a news release from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Avendaño’s girlfriend Jacqueline Wadsworth, 32, also pleaded no contest to one count of lewd act upon a child under 13, and was sentenced on Aug. 5 to five years formal probation, 52 weeks of sexual compulsion control classes and is subject to a 10-year protective order, a prosecutor said.
The 10 children were victimized between January 2001 and December 2015. They were family members and family friends of the perpetrators, and were between the ages of 3 and 15 years old when they were abused.
Avendaño and Wadsworth are required to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.
Chris Fox, CP24.com
Four people, one of them a former "Degrassi High" actor, are facing charges in connection with a child pornography investigation.
The investigation began in January after police received a tip about a cache of child pornography that had been uploaded onto the internet.
On April 25 police executed a search warrant at an address in the city's west end and arrested a 31-year-old woman inside and then subsequently arrested a 45-year-old man at his workplace.
Dylan Anne McEwen, 31, is shown in this handout photo. McEwen is facing a number of charges in a child sexual exploitation investigation. (Toronto Police Service)
Police allege that they located thousands of child sex abuse images and videos that were stored on external hard drives, computers and cell phones during the execution of the search warrant.
As well, police say the evidence located in the home led them to identify and arrest two other female suspects whom the male suspect had allegedly produced child sex abuse material with in the past.
Police say that the male suspect met the second woman online and in person between January 2000 and January 2006 and engaged in the sexual abuse of a child. The pair also made, possessed and distributed child sex abuse images and videos during that time, police say.
According to police, the male also met the third woman online and in person, though the timeframe for their interaction is not known. At some point, police allege that the pair made a child sexual abuse video together.
Police say they are concerned that there could be additional victims in the case that they have not yet identified.
“We are concerned that there may be more victims. We are also concerned that there may be more people that met with the accused and are involved in the sexual exploitation of children,” Detective Michael Sabadin told reporters on Thursday. “We are asking anyone who may have information with regards to this to call police.”
As part of their ongoing investigation, police have released the emails addresses and usernames that are linked to the suspects.
The male suspect used Retodeviant, Byrd_Dawg, Sir Dirk, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and Byrd_D@hotmail.com.
The first female suspect, meanwhile, used Doll, Dirty Doll, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The male suspect, identified as 45-year-old Jason (Byrd) Dickens, has been charged with 26 total offences, including possession of child pornography, make child pornography, sexual assault and bestiality.
The woman who was arrested back in April has been identified as 31-year-old Dylan Anne McEwen. McEwen is charged with 10 offences, including possession of child pornography, make child pornography, sexual assault and bestiality.
Police say that the bestiality charge is unrelated to the alleged sexual abuse of children.
The two other woman charged in the case include a 57-year-old London, Ontario resident who faces 10 sexual-exploitation related charges and 25-year-old Thunder Bay resident Tina Ewen, who faces one count of making child pornography.
Police say that they believe the male suspect is the same Byrd Dickens, who previously worked as an actor and had a recurring role on Degrassi in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
However, police say they do not believe there is any connection between Dickens’s work as an actor and the crimes he is alleged to have committed.
Dickens played the role of Scott Smith on "Degrassi High."
OKLAHOMA COUNTY, Okla. —A Jones Little League baseball coach has been arrested on allegations that he sexually and physically abused his two adopted daughters for almost a decade.
Police arrested Donald McCord and will issue an arrest warrant for Michelle Diane McCord on almost three dozen counts of sexual abuse of two girls. The victims told investigators that they were abused almost daily for nearly a decade.
"This is a sexual abuse case that's been occurring for many years ... a case, really, of horrific proportions," Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel said.
One of the victims told investigators that she had been sexually abused since about 2007 and as recently as July, Whetsel said. She reported daily sexual and physical abuse, and she said Donald McCord threatened to kill her if she reported the abuse.
McCord initially denied the allegations, but later in questioning with officers, he admitted that he committed inappropriate acts with the two girls, according to Whetsel. He was arrested and booked into the Oklahoma County Jail.
McCord faces 31 charges, including sexual abuse of a child and first-degree rape. His bail has been set at $500,000.
Because McCord is a Little League baseball coach in Jones and because of the seriousness of the allegations, authorities are looking to see if there are other victims.
The victims also said they told Michelle McCord about what Donald McCord was doing, Whetsel said. The abuse stopped shortly after the victims told her, but she did not report it.
Authorities said they do not believe Michelle McCord knew about the sexual abuse while it was happening.
The person who tipped off officers about the sexual abuse reported that Michelle McCord said she was more concerned about paying the bills than the girls' well-being, according to Whetsel. Because of that, Michelle McCord is charged with one count of permitting sexual abuse to occur, two counts of failure to report sexual abuse of a child and one count of child neglect.
Whetsel said an arrest warrant will be issued for her arrest.
The two victims and two children are in protective custody, Whetsel said. The two other children were not abused, according to authorities.
By Nick Learned
A convicted sex offender could spend the rest of his life in prison after allegedly drugging and sexually abusing a teenage boy at a cabin in Jelm.
Kenneth Matthew Lovato, 51, is charged with one count of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree, a charge of which he was twice previously convicted — once in New Mexico in 1994 and once in California in 1996. The previous convictions make this latest charge punishable by life in prison without parole under Wyoming statute.
Lovato was arrested July 13 as Albany County Sheriff‘s deputies investigated a complaint stemming from the alleged incident July 10. According to allegations contained in the affidavit, Lovato gave the victim alcohol and pills he described as “baby oxy” before sexually abusing the boy.
Deputies reportedly found evidence at the victim’s home and while executing a search warrant at Lovato’s cabin in Jelm.
Lovato is set to be arraigned Wednesday before Judge Jeffrey Donnell in Albany County District Court.