Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Thursday, 1 October 2015

Uproar in Rohinga Migrant Camp in Aceh After Girl & 2 Women Raped

Rohingya and Bangladeshi migrants greet each other after
 morning prayers celebrating Eid al-Fitr at a confinement
camp for the migrants in Langsa, located in Aceh province
on July 17, 2015. (AFP/Januar)
Associated Press, 
Blang Adoe, 
Aceh | Archipelago 

Archipelago News
More than 200 ethnic Rohingya stormed out of an encampment in Aceh Tuesday as tensions erupted following alleged rapes and beatings by locals at the site where members of Myanmar's long-persecuted minority have been held since arriving four months ago by boat.

The incident occurred after authorities forced one of the females to go to a hospital. Other Rohingya did not want her to leave, fearing she could be abused more if separated from the group, said Steve Hamilton, deputy chief of mission at the International Organization for Migration, who was at the scene.

That "caused some panic and a brief chaotic response, with Rohingya trying to stop the ambulance," he said.

Four females and six males, aged 14 to 28, said they were attempting to flee the camp Monday night because they wanted to go to neighboring Malaysia, where a large community of Muslim Rohingya exists, Hamilton said. They alleged they were stopped not far from the camp by a group of Indonesian men with masks and taken into the woods, where they were beaten and three of the females were raped, including a 14-year-old.

"We very much regret this incident and will definitely thoroughly investigate it," said Amir Hamzah, a spokesman for the district government in North Aceh. He said the females were traumatized and wanted to seek medical attention, but were stopped when Rohingya men in the camp insisted they stay.

Immigration officials were working to identify everyone who returned to the camp Tuesday night after the tensions calmed, and some women were being examined at the hospital, said North Aceh Deputy Police Chief Maj. Irsyad Haryadi.

"We are still investigating this serious case while waiting for the hospital results," he said. No arrests have been made, and Haryadi said it was difficult to find witnesses to corroborate the story.

Since Myanmar opened up following a half-century of military rule in 2011, an estimated 130,000 Rohingya have fled violence and persecution, sparking the largest boat exodus in Asia since the Vietnam War. Earlier this year, the situation spiraled after a crackdown on people smugglers in Thailand and Malaysia left thousands of Rohingya and Bangladeshis stranded at sea when their agents and captains, fearing arrest, abandoned them.

Several countries in the region refused to allow the boat people to come ashore in May, worried that opening the door to a few would invite a massive influx.

Under international pressure, Indonesia and Malaysia finally allowed the boats to land and said they would temporarily host those on board until a more permanent solution could be found.

Hundreds of Rohingya ended up in Indonesia, but it was never their intended destination. They are being held in camps, cannot work and are separated from family members, including those living in Malaysia.
Associated Press writers Margie Mason, Niniek Karmini and Ali Kotarumalos in Jakarta, Indonesia, contributed to this report.