Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Church, Football, Teacher Today's UK Perverts and Paedophiles List

Sexual abuse victim of former Bishop of Chester speaks out

Lawyer calls for independent inquiry to investigate Church
'cover-up' over bishop's crimes
David Holmes

A victim sexually abused by former Bishop of Chester Victor Whitsey when he was a teenager says the experience led him to attempt suicide.

Both he and a specialist abuse lawyer are demanding a public inquiry over their suspicion of a Church cover-up.

Cheshire Constabulary investigators today revealed Whitsey would have been questioned over 10 of 13 witness allegations had he been alive today.

The claims of historic child sex abuse date from 1974 onwards when he was Bishop of Chester and from 1981 while he was retired and living in Blackburn diocese. Whitsey died in 1987 aged 71.

A Survivor's Story

A male victim said in a statement released by Slater Gordon – which represents four of the late bishop’s victims – that as a youngster he had dreamed of one day becoming a clergyman and serving the community.

He said: “When I met Victor Whitsey I was young, innocent, and na├»ve. I longed for his blessing to achieve my wish of a future as a vicar, serving God and the community.

“He told me he agreed I had a calling from God. He also told me he had the power to give me everything I wanted in life and the power to take it all away. He then proceeded to abuse me sexually and psychologically. I was powerless to stop him.

“I blamed myself, thought I was the only victim and rationalised that it was my fault. If he was acting with God’s will, I should have enjoyed and welcomed what he did but I didn’t; if he was acting against God’s will, I should have rejected and reported him but I didn’t. Whichever way I rationalised it, I was a failure and not worthy of God’s love.

Bishop's House in Abbey Square, the official residence of the Bishop of Chester

“I told no-one; who would believe a teenage boy’s word against a Bishop of the Church of England? I became reclusive and came to the ultimate conclusion: the prospect of ever seeing Victor Whitsey again was so abhorrent to me that I turned my back on my beloved church and my calling to serve God. I self-harmed and have spent a lifetime focusing on resentment and bitterness.

“Twenty years after my abuse, I suffered a complete mental nervous breakdown which included attempted suicide. Because of the sexual abuse I suffered at the hands of Victor Whitsey I lost my faith, my chosen life as a vicar, my self-belief, my freedom from worry and my dignity.

"Child sex abuse is a crime which stays with you for a lifetime. As a child you don’t understand why or what is happening, but as you grow older you realise the enormity of the abuse and it hurts you all over again – you blame yourself for allowing it – you hate yourself for being weak.

“Since my abuse, not a day has gone by that I have not thought about what happened to me. In my mind I have a high definition video of what I went through, that I cannot eradicate no matter how hard I try. I remember him coming at me with shaking hands, I remember the feel of him on me, and I remember the last time I closed the door on my parish church realising that Christ had left me and I was utterly alone with horrific memories I could share with no-one.

“I would like to put on record that I cannot fault the police response or the sensitive, professional, and victim-centred approach they have taken. The position I am in now is that I now know I am believed and am in control of my future. I cannot see my abuser face trial in a court on earth but I hope that by a public acknowledgement of what Whitsey did to us, the church can learn that they need to adopt a new culture of openness.

“I hope that there will be a public inquiry to understand not only what Whitsey did to his victims but to also learn who knew what he was doing, to what extent his actions were intentionally covered up, and who else was complicit in the crimes that he committed, and for which, I continue to suffer every day of my life.”

Richard Scorer, a specialist abuse lawyer with Slater and Gordon, said: “The abhorrent and disgusting abuse perpetrated by Bishop Whistey destroyed many lives, driving some to attempt suicide. What is equally abhorrent is that the Church of England knew of his abuse, did nothing to stop it and covered it up. It is crucial that there is now an independent review into Whitsey's abuse and who failed to act when they learnt of his heinous behaviour.”

Whitsey's title is 'Right Reverend Bishop'. I wince every time I see such titles; they seem to imply a very high level of holiness or godliness. Then you read about the men behind the title and far too often (once is too often) they are selfish, evil, predators who destroy innocence and violate the sacred. 

It says something about the state of the church when such evil people rise to positions of authority and respect. Whether the hierarchy of the church knew of such horrific child abuse or not, they should have been able to discern the man's character and determine that he was not fit for the title.

The Diocese of Chester has been asked for comment in relation to claims of a cover-up and calls for a public inquiry.

Former Ripon teacher jailed for non-recent sexual abuse

An 81-year-old man from Worcester has been jailed for non-recent child sex abuse dating back to the 1970s.

Robin Eric Davidson was jailed for two years at York Crown Court on 17 October 2017 after previously pleading guilty to four charges of indecent assault on two boys under 14. He was also put on the sex offenders register for 10 years.

 The offences took place while Davidson was a teacher at the former Ripon Cathedral Choir School.

Detective Constable Kirsty Graham of North Yorkshire Police’s Non-recent Abuse Investigation Team, said: “Davidson was employed in a position of trust and had custody of young boys who were away from the security of their home. Instead of making what was a daunting time for children easier, Davidson used his position to abuse the children for his own sexual gratification.

“Thankfully he spared the victims the ordeal of giving evidence in court by pleading guilty to the charges, reliving their experiences again would only add to their distress. My thanks go to the victims who showed great courage in coming forward. Nothing can change what happened to them, but I hope they can now put the dreadful memories of the past behind them, knowing that justice has been done.  

“Anyone who has suffered sexual abuse, no matter how long ago it happened should feel confident to come forward and report it. We will listen and we will investigate.”

If you are a victim of sexual abuse, please call the police on 101, or if you prefer, you can contact North Yorkshire’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 01904 699339.

If you are in immediate danger, please call 999.

Police now investigating over 2,000 child abuse
referrals in football

• Specialist unit looking into complaints involving more than 330 clubs 
• Referrals relating to sports other than football reach a total of 27

Former footballer Andy Woodward, whose interview in the Guardian sparked the abuse inquiry. Photograph: Paul Ellis/AFP/Getty Images

The specialist police unit investigating child abuse in football has received 142 new referrals since publishing its last updated figures in June and is currently investigating complaints involving more than 330 clubs.

The figures released on Tuesday reveal that information forwarded by police forces to Operation Hydrant up to 28 September amount to 2,028 referrals, an increase of 142 on the previous figure at the end of June.

A total of 688 referrals came from the NSPCC with 1,340 from the police forces that were contacted. The statistics provided from Operation Hydrant reveal that a total of 331 clubs have been impacted since Andy Woodward’s interview in November sparked the now countrywide investigation.

The vast majority of referrals relate to football. However, a number of other sports have also been the subject of 27 referrals. These referrals include basketball, rugby, gymnastics, martial arts, tennis, wrestling, golf, sailing, athletics, cricket, and swimming.

Note that there are no official inquiries happening in those sports, otherwise the number would be much higher than 27.

The National Police Chiefs’ Council lead for Child Protection, chief constable Simon Bailey said: “Allegations of non-recent child sexual abuse are complex, and often require specialist skills and knowledge, and can take time to progress. However, all allegations and information received by police forces across the country are being acted upon.

“We continue to urge anyone who may have been a victim of child sexual abuse to report it, if they are ready to do so, by dialling 101, or contacting the dedicated NSPCC helpline, regardless of how long ago the abuse may have taken place. We will listen and treat all reports sensitively and seriously. Anyone with any information regarding child sexual abuse is also urged to come forward.

“When allegations are reported it enables police to assess whether there are current safeguarding risks and ensure that appropriate action is being taken to prevent children being abused today.”

Church covered up abuse and installed paedophile vicar who abused boys in towns around Plymouth

Rev Peter Cranch was known to have abused in towns around Plymouth in the 1970s before the church moved him to All Saints Church in Exmouth
Anita Merritt

A bishop is being asked to say sorry in person to the congregation of a Devon church where a known paedophile was installed as a vicar.

Rev Peter Cranch was known to have abused in towns around Plymouth in the 1970s before the church moved him to All Saints Church in Exmouth, East Devon.

He went on to sexually assault a boy hundreds of times.

DevonLive.com report that in 2004, Cranch was sentenced to eight years in prison for serious sexual assaults. Then aged 57, he was found guilty of six charges of assaulting a male under 16, four of a serious sexual assault and two of indecency with a child.

The boy had been attacked over a five-year period in the late eighties at All Saints.

The judge accused Cranch of "stealing his victim's childhood".

One of Peter Cranch's victims spoke out after his abuser was convicted

Although the then Bishop of Exeter, Michael Langrish, apologised for the Church's conduct after Cranch's conviction, no senior clergy ever appeared in person to apologise to the All Saints' congregation.

This is despite a lengthy campaign by parishioner Graham Martin.

Mr Martin, of Lympstone, East Devon, said it was known within the higher ranks of the church that Cranch had a history of sex attacks on boys dating back to the 1970s.

Cranch, who is now living in Cornwall, continued working with children after the Church of England covered up his vile behaviour for more than 20 years.

He was demoted and censured by a secret church court in 1980 after his first conviction and was ordered to have no further contact with children.

He was only defrocked after the victims of assaults came forward in the late 1990s and he was once again convicted, with a two-year suspended sentence in 1999.

At the time of his trial it was suggested that John Richards, who served as Archdeacon of Exeter from 1981 to 1994, may have been investigated for perjury, had he not died, in respect of evidence he previously gave in court about Cranch.

Richards told Exeter Crown Court in 1999 that he was aware Cranch had abused boys in Callington and Tavistock in the late 1970s. But he failed to declare how an Exmouth mother told him in 1991 that she suspected Cranch had been behaving inappropriately with her son.

The judge, believing Cranch had led a blameless life since the 1970s, gave him a suspended two-year prison sentence.

Police officers said he was aware of an allegation against Cranch of indecency in Exmouth in the early 1990s but did not mention it when he spoke in court in 1999.

But after an internal investigation by Devon & Cornwall Police, an apology was issued.

Richards died at the age of 70 in November 2003, while the offences in Exmouth were being investigated.

Mr Martin said: “One of the issues the Bishop of Exeter said he was concerned with in his visitation last September was safeguarding.

“However, in the late ‘70s, Peter Cranch, who was then a curate at Tavistock Parish Church, was known to have sexually abused boys but the church kept it quiet.

“They said he would never have a church of his own, but he had a curacy in Heavitree and then they sent him to All Saints in 1981, and he got the opportunity to do it again.

“In January 1991, he suddenly left and we were told he was unwell through overworking and had gone to a monastery in Alton, Hampshire, to recover.”

However, instead of returning to the church, Cranch became the new vicar of St Sidwell’s Church in Exeter, which had two cub packs.

Towards the end of the ‘90s, a new sexual abuse case over a five-year period at All Saint’s Church against Cranch began to emerge. He was jailed in November 2004, at Bristol Crown Court, for eight years.

Speaking at the time after the case, the then Bishop of Exeter, the Right Reverend Michael Langrish said after the case: "The Church deeply regrets the omissions and actions that led to harm and we both recognise and deplore the suffering of any who have been abused. Working with other agencies we seek to learn from experience in order to update understanding and practice."

Following sentencing, the victim said "I'm pleased with the verdicts but the sentence could never be enough considering what I've gone through. I'm just relieved all this is over. There are a lot of questions that need to be asked of those who have helped Cranch to stay in the church."

However, Mr Martin says congregation members at All Saint’s Church never received a personal apology.

He pursued the matter by writing to the residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury in London at Lambeth Palace in London, and received a letter back in 2015 from the then Bishop of Lambeth, Revd Nigel Stock, saying: “You are quite right that the events you record are appalling, as was the way in which the whole matter was dealt with by senior clergy.”

However, still no apology came as he said he was told in 2016 by the Bishop of Exeter Robert Atwell that opening it all up again as it was such a long time ago would be “inappropriate”.

Mr Martin has continued to fight for an apology ever since, but still to no avail.

He said: “When Cranch was convicted, All Saints received no pastoral care from the Bishop of Exeter. We were left to deal with the media and 13 and a half years later we have still had no apology. No one has put their hands up because everyone wants to sweep it under the carpet."

“We still have members of the congregation who have been impacted by the abuse. I want the current Bishop of Exeter to come to our church, stand in the pulpit and finally give the apology that is deserved.”

“The current Bishop of Exeter, Robert Atwell, has since sent the case to be reviewed by the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.

“The Diocese of Exeter will be guided by the wishes of the survivors in this case before making any further public statements. The diocese is absolutely committed to ensuring that its churches are safe and welcoming to all, and that its safeguarding procedures today are rigorous and thorough.”

Surrey man to face court for online child sex offences
Blair Thomson

A man will face Albury Local Court on Wednesday after a police operation involving officers in the US. 

A 58-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday. 

He has been charged with 17 counts of using a carriage service for child pornography and three counts of possessing child abuse material. 

Albury officers worked with police from America as they investigated the dissemination of child abuse material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment