Toronto SUN News World
The Western Cape Department of Social Development (DSD) has referred allegations of sexual abuse of a 5-year old Diep River girl, to the South African Police Services (SAPS).
Social workers have requested the Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Investigations unit within SAPS to investigate allegations of child sexual abuse and exploitation.
Guided by the Children's Act of 2005, the child has been placed in safe care, after our specialist Child Protection social workers applied to the Children's Court for a court order.
Our social workers will continue with their investigation into the circumstances of this case. This includes looking into the long term placement of the child.
Child protection is everybody's responsibility. If you see something, say something. Residents must report any abandoned, abused, neglected or missing children to the police or to the DSD Hotline on 0800 220 250.
A pensioner, who was convicted of raping a 10-year-old girl who stopped at his tuckshop on her way to school, has been jailed for 20 years.
Tuckshop owner Lindinkosi Malomeni Nxumalo, 64, was convicted and sentenced in the Inkanyezi Regional Court, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on September 30, last year. Not bad! Through the courts in 13 months.
"The victim was on her way to school when she passed the tuckshop at Esiphezi area, Eshowe. While in the tuckshop, she was approached by [Nxumalo] who raped her. The accused was disturbed by a noise from outside, and the victim managed to escape," police spokesperson Captain Nqobile Gwala said.
The matter was reported to the Eshowe police station and Nxumalo was arrested.
KwaZulu-Natal acting provincial commissioner, Major General Bheki Langa, welcomed the sentence.
"This will serve as a warning to would-be perpetrators who target vulnerable women and children, thinking that they will get away with their wrongdoing. I also want to praise the victim, who stood up and reported the matter to the police," he said.
A NSW magistrate with 15 years’ experience — including several months on the Children’s Court — has been suspended after being charged with nine counts of indecent assault by police investigating claims of historic child sex abuse.
Police will allege the boy was known to Mr Curran, who has been issued a court attendance notice to appear in Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court on November 22.
Mr Curran, who joined the bench in 2002, spent four months in 2004 on the Children’s Court and has presided over a number of high-profile cases.
In 2013, he granted bail to Oliver Curtis, the banker husband of PR queen Roxy Jacenko after he had been charged with conspiring to trade on the market with insider information.
A week ago, he presided over controversial former deputy mayor Salim Mehajer in a case involving two alleged assaults.
Earlier this year, he sentenced Australian singer Renee Geyer to a good behaviour bond for verbally abusing a receptionist on two separate occasions in September 2015.
The investigation was spearheaded by detectives from Strike Force Stantke — part of the State Crime Command’s Sex Crimes Squad — that was established in 2014 to investigate reports a boy had been sexually assaulted in the early 1980s.
A spokeswoman for the NSW Chief Magistrate, Graeme Henson, said: “As the matter is before the court it would be inappropriate to comment. The Chief Magistrate has suspended the judicial officer in question under s40(1)(b) of the Judicial Officers Act.”
Investigations under Strike Force Stantke are continuing.
A RETIRED dentist has been taken into custody after he was found guilty of a string of child sex abuse charges stemming back more than 30 years.
Schwarz’s identity can now be revealed after Judge Helen Syme lifted a non-publication order on his name following the lengthy trial and deliberations by the jury in Sydney’s Downing Centre District Court.
The jury found Schwarz guilty of 16 charges of indecent assault on a male as well as one charge of sexual assault category three of a person under 16.
During the trial, Schwarz was accused of molesting four boys in total aged between eight and 17 during the 1980s.
Schwarz was found not guilty of six charges including sexual assault of a child under 16 and indecent assault of a male.
The jury also failed to reach a verdict on two counts of indecent assault on a male and sexual assault knowing no consent was given, and the 12-member panel was discharged.
Schwarz was refused bail and will remain in custody until he is sentenced in a Sydney court in December.
THE last of the men involved in the Evil 8 paedophile network which shocked WA has gone on trial, denying that he had sex with the 13-year-old girl who was pimped out by her own father via online advertisements.
Prosecutor Justin Whalley told the court that Mr Impicciatore had struck up an online relationship with the girl’s father.
That began, the WA District Court was told, after the girl’s father claimed he was being blackmailed about a “threesome” the father had had with his daughter and another man.
The father then sent a naked photo of his then 13-year-old daughter to Mr Impicciatore, which was followed by an invite to their northern suburbs house.
After several hours, the girl’s father then asked Mr Impicciatore if he wanted to have sex with his daughter, or watch as he did.
Mr Impicciatore then allegedly had sex with the girl on a bed, after she had placed a sleeping mask on her face, while her father was in the room and directed some of the sex acts.
Her father also kissed her body as Mr Impicciatore had sex with her, Mr Whalley said.
After Mr Impicciatore was arrested, a used condom wrapper with his DNA on it was found in a bedside drawer at the house, the court was told.
John Hawkins, Mr Impicciatore’s lawyer, said he denied he had had sex with the girl.
At the judge alone trial, before Judge Mark Herron, a police interview with the girl was played where she outlined a portion of the abuse she had suffered at the hands of other man – while identifying Mr Impicciatore as a “chubby man with a black Chihuahua” who had had sex with her on one occasion.
She also detailed abuse by other men – including pastor Dawid Volmer – who was convicted of abusing the girl in 2015, and was jailed for ten and a half years.
Volmer was the first of the paedophile network to be jailed over the abuse of the girl.
Shocking details of Volmer’s role and the alleged involvement of the victim’s own father in exploiting her emerged when the disgraced evangelical Christian preacher was sentenced in the Perth District Court.
Volmer, 43, pleaded guilty to 12 charges — indecently dealing with a child, sexual penetration of a child and stupefying in order to commit an indictable offence — over the course of three sexual encounters with the girl.
In the interview played in court today, the girl spoke about how “David”, who she also referred to as the “massage guy”, and how he would make her sniff a substance which made her feel “woozy” before having sex with her.
And she said that he father had told her that because of a blackmail attempt being made by Volmer, he had contacted Mr Impicciatore for help.
Mr Impicciatore repeated those claims in his video record of interview with police, which was also being shown in court today.
Earlier this year, the girl’s father had an appeal against his 22 ½ year jail term for his crimes dismissed.
That term was imposed after the father pleaded guilty to using online advertisements to place the young girl at the centre of the Perth paedophile network, who then abused, filmed and drugged her while her father watched.
Prosecutors said it was one of the worst cases of child sex abuse ever to appear before a WA court, and experts said during the appeal that the man may use his time in prison to strengthen bonds with like-minded perverts.
The trial continues.