Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Prince Andrew Publicly Denies Sexual Misconduct Claims


Prince Andrew, speaking in Davos: "I would like to reiterate and reaffirm the
statements that have been issued on my behalf by the palace"
The Duke of York has denied claims by a US woman that she was forced to have sex with him when she was 17 and says he wants to focus on his work.

In his first public appearance since the claims were made, Prince Andrew said he wanted to "reiterate" the denials issued by Buckingham Palace.

He was speaking at a World Economic Forum reception in Davos, Switzerland.

Virginia Roberts's lawyers have repeated the claims in new documents given to a court in Florida.

Ms Roberts, who is referred to in the case as Jane Doe #3, alleges she was forced by financier Jeffrey Epstein, a convicted sex offender, to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17. 

I still haven't been able to determine just how she was 'forced'.

Buckingham Palace has previously said the claims against Prince Andrew are "categorically untrue" and lack "any foundation".

'Desperate to move on'
Prince Andrew said: "Firstly I think I must, and want, for the record, to refer to events that have taken place in the last few weeks.

"I just wish to reiterate and to reaffirm the statements that have already been made on my behalf by Buckingham Palace.

"My focus is on my work and this evening's reception allows me to tell you about just a couple of the initiatives that I have founded and am passionate about."

As with all denials of wrong-doing, I look for a categorical denial, like, "I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski". Most people, Bill Clinton excluded, have a very difficult time making such an explicit denial when that denial is untrue. I don't see it here.

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said: "We have had two unprecedented statements from Buckingham Palace and now this, Prince Andrew on camera.

"It's a sign of how damaging these allegations are and the price he is paying for his past friendship with a convicted sex offender.

"Prince Andrew is desperate to move on - it may not be that easy." 

Funny how the foolishness of our youth catches up to us later in life. A friendship with a pedophile was reckless behaviour at best, particularly for a royal. There is a well known saying that is often used to advise teens on choosing their friends, 'You become what your friends are'. But even if you don't, you give the appearance of being what your friends are. If Andrew didn't understand that in his 30's, he should have.

Prince Andrew is seen here with Virginia Roberts when she was 17.
Andrew's arm is around Virginia's bare waist.
Virginia not looking like a girl who is being coerced.
The new documents, filed in Florida, mark the first time Ms Roberts has given a statement about the allegations in her own words.

Her lawyers said they had sent Prince Andrew a letter asking him to respond under oath to the allegations.

They say the letter was sent back to them as having been refused by the recipient.

The allegations against Prince Andrew emerged in evidence submitted to a US court in a case involving Epstein, who spent time in jail in 2008-9 for a sex offence with a minor.

Prince Andrew, 54 and fifth in line to the throne, stepped down as UK trade envoy in July 2011 following controversy over his then friendship with Epstein.

The prince is not facing any legal proceedings over the claims made in the US case.