Two men have been jailed after pleading guilty to photographing sexual assaults on children more than a decade ago.
Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!
3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here
Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour
Thursday, 18 May 2017
Rolf Harris, Dr. & Nurses, 373 Children on Today's Global P&P List
Illinois Statute of Limitations for CSA to be dropped - USA
One story of 373 children destroyed by Pakistanis in Oxford - England
Glasgow youth worker jailed for historic CSA & child porn - Scotland
2 perverts jailed for child rape and child porn - England
Rolf Harris out on bail as another trial for CSA begins - England
Oregon man arrested after teen claims sex abuse 10 years ago - USA
Arizona Dr & Nurses CSA case up to 7 victims identified - USA
With help of Hastert victim, sex-abuse bill
on way to becoming lawCHICAGO NEWS
Seated next to Scott Cross, a survivor of abuse by former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan testifies before members of the Illinois Senate and calls for legislation that eliminates the statutes of limitations for felony criminal sexual assault and sexual abuse crimes against children last year. File Photo. | Ashlee Rezin/For the Sun-TimesTina Sfondeles
With disgraced former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert cited as an example and one of his victims as a champion for change — a measure to eliminate statutes of limitations for all child sex abuse crimes cleared the Illinois House on Thursday and heads to Gov. Bruce Rauner’s desk, where the governor vowed to sign it.
The bill was pushed by Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, who testified before a Senate committee alongside Scott Cross, who was one of the boys Hastert sexually abused when Hastert coached wrestling at Yorkville High School in the 1960s and 1970s. Cross, the brother of former state House Republican Leader Tom Cross, broke his silence about the abuse at Hastert’s sentencing hearing last year.
Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert departs the federal courthouse Wednesday, April 27, 2016, in Chicago, after his sentencing on federal banking charges which he pled guilty. (AP File Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)
While accused of abusing five boys, Hastert was sentenced to 15 months in federal prison only for financial crimes tied to payouts he made to an abuse victim. At his sentencing hearing last year, Hastert admitted to sexually abusing the boys and was labelled a ‘serial child molester’ by the judge.
But the man who was once second in line to the presidency couldn’t be prosecuted for sexual abuse because the statute of limitation for those crimes had passed a decade earlier.
“Dennis Hastert inflicted unbelievable pain on the lives of the youth he was entrusted to care for, yet he got a slap on the wrist,” Scott Cross said at a March Senate committee hearing, noting “the laws in Illinois — and across the country — have to change.”
1980 Yorkville High School yearbook photo of senior Scott Cross.
As Three Girls documentary exposes Rochdale child sex abuse scandal, mum of Bullfinch victim shares her storySophie Grubb, Reporter covering Abingdon
A MUM whose daughter was abused by the Bullfinch gang said her child is still suffering the effects of her ordeal.
The woman spoke after the first episode of a harrowing BBC drama, which documented the sex abuse in Rochdale and failure of authorities to expose it.
Viewers noted the Three Girls programme, which aired in two parts on Tuesday night and again last night, drew parallels with other child sex rings including the Bullfinch scandal in Oxford.
The mum of Girl 5, who was subjected to underage sex at just 13, said it was positive that such programmes opened up converatsion about exploitation. But she stressed people should also recognise long-term implications of abuse.
She said: “My daughter is now coming up to 21-years-old. She has hit rock bottom. She’s walking the streets, she’s taking drugs, she’s about eight stone (112 lbs) - and it’s all to do with the abuse; the mental and physical impacts. The social services let her down, to the maximum.
“It’s about what happens now - life continues. Those men are getting on in prison getting three meals a day while she is trying to deal with the abuse and the story of her life."
“Just because she’s turned into an adult doesn’t mean it goes away.”
Operation Bullfinch led to seven men being jailed for a total of at least 95 years for raping and abusing six girls in the city.
BBC reports that as many as 373 children in Oxford, about 50 of them boys, may have been targeted by these gangs, all of whom appear to be Pakistani. My question is, is that all there is? Are police and prosecution services sitting back resting on their laurels are are they out there seeking prosecution of the several dozen other Pakistanis involved in this case?
In 2015 a Serious Case Review into the sexual abuse identified by Bullfinch revealed shocking failings in the organisations that were supposed to be protecting Oxford’s children, including social services.
Oxfordshire County Council tweeted about Three Girls yesterday, urging anyone concerned about child sexual exploitation in the county to contact its ‘Kingfisher’ team.
Glasgow youth worker jailed over
child sex abuseFrom BBC Glasgow & West Scotland
A former youth worker convicted of sexually abusing two boys aged five and 14 has been ordered to serve at least five years in jail.
James Campbell, from Glasgow, was placed on a lifelong restriction order by judge Tom Hughes QC because of the danger he poses to the public.
The 58-year-old ran a YMCA project group aimed at helping troubled youths escape gang culture. The offences were committed between 1992 and 1997.
Sentencing Campbell at the High Court in Glasgow, the judge said: "You were working as a youth worker and had access to both victims. You used your position of trust to carry out these offences.
"It is a matter of great concern that your employers were made aware of concerns from fellow workers and nothing was done about the matter."
And, so, are they going to be charged as accomplices? Huh?
When police officers raided Campbell's home they found 187,000 images of child sex abuse, including 50 photographs of the 14-year-old he abused.
Jurors heard how he contacted the 14-year-old victim, now 37, on Facebook in 2015, with a message that read: "Thanks for replying. Don't deserve it really. Been trying to find you since 1998 on and off. Well, sorry for the past."
Campbell claimed he first met the boy at Maryhill Burgh hall and offered him and his friend money to move a washing machine. He said he paid the boy each week to wash the stairs in his close.
But the victim told the jury that Campbell made sexual and inappropriate remarks to him and offered money for sex acts.
Campbell's other victim was just five and described as a "a lost soul" when he was abused at the community centre where Campbell's YMCA project was based.
The victim, who is now 26, had £300 under his bed - "bribe" money which Campbell had given him.
But Campbell described both victims as "liars" and claimed they stole the cash from him.
James Little, a careers advisor at the project run by Campbell from 1996 to 1997, said he had contacted the police over concerns for the five-year-old in 1998 - but nothing was done.
Mr Little told prosecutor Kath Harper: "He seemed untouchable. Any concerns were swept under the carpet no matter how many times myself and others went to the YMCA about him."
He added: "I saw that little boy outside the project building and inside the project building quite a lot. He would always be in the office area with Mr Campbell.
"My gut instinct was he shouldn't be there. The project was for 12 to 20-year-olds. When I challenged the young boy being there it was rubbished or dismissed."
Campbell admitted possession of the child sex abuse images. He has been placed on the sex offenders' register.
Two men jailed for historical child sex abuseFrom BBC Leeds & West Yorkshire
Two men have been jailed after pleading guilty to photographing sexual assaults on children more than a decade ago.
Michael Peters, 71, and Andrew Bristow, 48, were arrested after police officers pieced together 300 shredded pictures showing the abuse.
The offences happened between 2004 and 2006 in Surrey and West Yorkshire.
At Bradford Crown Court, Bristow from Halifax, was jailed for eight and a half years and Peters of Normanton, West Yorkshire, received six years.
Bristow admitted two counts of rape against a female under the age of 13, with Peters pleading guilty to taking indecent images of the same victim and being in possession of a large number of indecent images of the most serious nature.
The pair also pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual touching of a child.
After recovering the images in a raid on Peter's property, detectives used digital technology to rebuild the pictures and identify the suspects and some of the victims.
Det Insp Allan Raw said: "There may still be victims in both the West Yorkshire and Surrey areas, who Peters and Bristow sexually abused, but who we have not identified. I would encourage those victims to speak to the police".
West Yorkshire, UK
Rolf Harris to be freed on bail tomorrow as he faces indecent assault charges
Former TV star Rolf Harris will be set free from prison tomorrow while still fighting child sex abuse charges, a court heard today.
The 87-year-old Australian’s glittering showbiz career came to a shuddering halt in 2014 when he was convicted and jailed after an earlier trial.
He is now back in court, facing a wave of allegations that he groped teenage girls during TV and celebrity appearances.
Harris has been following court proceedings over a videolink from Stafford prison.
But it was revealed today that Harris, the beloved star of Animal Hospital and Rolf’s Cartoon Club until his 2014 conviction, will be released from prison tomorrow.
At Southwark crown court this morning, Judge Deborah Taylor told jurors she has agreed Harris can have bail during the ongoing trial.
“The defendant, Rolf Harris, is to be released from HM prison in Stafford tomorrow on May 19”, she said.
“Yesterday following an application by the defence unopposed by the prosecution, I decided to grant Mr Harris bail in relation to the charges the jury are considering. “The fact I have granted him bail doesn’t have any bearing on the decision you will make in due course.
“As a result Mr Harris will no longer be appearing in this court over the videolink following his release from prison. “He will be attending what remains of the trial in person from Monday.”
As the judge made the announcement, the former TV star listened from an office at the prison.
The trial is not sitting tomorrow as Harris returns to his home in Bray, Berkshire.
Harris is accused of having an “appetite” for abusing girls, allegedly touching a 13-year-old’s breast after filming children’s TV programme Saturday Superstore in 1983.
He then asked her: “Do you often get molested on a Saturday morning?”, it is said.
The TV presenter is accused of groping a 14-year-old girl in 1971 after she asked for his autograph.
It is said Harris also indecently touched a third teenage girl during an appearance on ITV celebrity show Star Games in 1978.
“We say Harris had an appetite for touching young females”, said prosecutor Jonathan Rees QC.
However Stephen Vullo QC, defending, suggested to the first alleged victim that she had only come forward after Harris had been convicted in 2014. It is claimed she reported the alleged abuse after news reports that people could be in line for compensation from Harris’ £11 million fortune.
Harris denies four charges of indecent assault. The trial continues.
Southwark, London, UK
Sherwood, Oregon man arrested in child sex crime case after teen victim comes forward
by Bob Heye, KATU News
PORTLAND, Ore. — A teenage girl came to her school resource officer earlier this month to report sexual abuse from nearly a decade ago, and the subsequent investigation led Portland police to arrest the primary suspect Wednesday.
The young girl alleges 48-year-old Rick Rayborn of Sherwood sexual abused her while she was a child. Rayborn, now jailed in Multnomah County, faces charges including unlawful sexual penetration and two counts of first-degree sex abuse.
Police say the victim told people at the school she attends now about the alleged incident, and the school contacted police who started an investigation in early May.
"The school staff brought in the school resource officer who then worked with the victim to get that information to the Portland Police Bureau sex crimes unit," said Sergeant Pete Simpson of the Portland Police Bureau. "Detectives then followed that information up, developed that probable cause, and arrested this man."
Rayborn pleaded not guilty to the charges during his first court appearance Thursday afternoon.
Court records show Rayborn told jail staff he was using meth 11 years ago, around the time of the alleged incident. Records also indicate Rayborn knew the alleged victim through a mutual friend for the past 15 years.
"We do see cases from time to time where a victim will come forward about something that happened in their past. And it's often someone who was a young child at the time and has repressed that or has kept it secret for many years," Simpson said. "These incidents occurred more than a decade ago, but it's an important case for people to know that victims who've been abused in the past still have the ability to come forward and detectives will listen to that and potentially be able to make an arrest in those cases."
Unless, of course, you are in New York or New Jersey!
If you know anything relating to this case, you're encouraged to contact detectives at 503-823-0880.
Police identify seven children in sex abuse case
By Michael Todd, Santa Cruz Sentinel
WATSONVILLE >> Watsonville police held a press conference Thursday, releasing new information about seven children sexually abused by three medical professionals in Santa Cruz County.
The case was initiated after Watsonville police received information and a video of the three defendants having sex with three children at a Scotts Valley motel May 9, Watsonville Police David Honda said.
Watsonville police believe all suspects involved in the incident are in custody. Dr. James Kohut, 57, Dominican Hosptial Rashel Brandon, 42, and Tucson, Arizona, nurse Emily Stephens, 29, all remain in custody on charges related to child sex crimes.
Watsonville police worked with Pima County sheriffs in Arizona to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Stephens.
Honda said seven children, ages 3 to 13, have been taken into protective custody. Capt. Jorge Zamora, who also spoke at the press conference, said police received a video from a Watsonville resident depicting the illicit acts. Police learned about the first act allegedly in March, Zamora said. He also said it is difficult to determine whether the defendants carried out the acts in their professional capacities.
In a motel? A neurosurgeon? I don't think so.
Authorities are searching homes associated to Kohut in Santa Cruz, Tucson and Merced.
Zamora said Kohut is associated with Stephens’ Tucson home. Honda said no nother suspects are believed to be involved in the case.
“This is a complex and disturbing crime that crosses into multiple states and the investigation is still ongoing,” said Zamora.
Santa Cruz County, AZ