Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Big City Mayor, Marine, Priest Lead Today's USA PnP List

Secret 'furry' life revelations force Connecticut
councilor to resign

A Connecticut town councilor was forced to resign after his profile on a website for people who like to dress up in animal costumes was posted online.

New Milford Councilman Scott Chamberlain, who has never made a secret of his involvement in the subculture, had been up for re-election prior to the appearance on Facebook of pictures of his profile from sofurry.com.

The profile included a list of his “loves”, “likes”, “tolerates” and “hates”. Some of his apparent entries were sexual in nature, with his profile indicating that “rape” is something he tolerates.

In an interview with the Danbury News Times Thursday, Chamberlain explained his involvement in the “furry” community as a harmless hobby. It’s nothing to do with sex; it’s an interest in cartoon animals," he said, citing examples such as Kelloggs’ Tony the Tiger and Disney’s Mickey Mouse.

Chamberlain, whose avatar on the site is a foxlike character named “Gray Muzzle”, also said that he writes a “a soap opera” read by hundreds of sofurry.com users that includes some sexual situations.

He published his resignation on his Facebook page Saturday, but it appears to have since been deleted.

Speaking to the New York Post, New Milford Mayor David Gronbach said he took a dim view of the profile and called for Chamberlain’s resignation.

“In response to information about ‘likes’ on a personal page by Councilman Chamberlain, I have called for his immediate resignation from the Town Council and any other appointed Boards and Commissions,” Gronbach said.

“As public servants, we are held to a higher standard and Mr. Chamberlain’s apparent posts do not meet that standard.”

Peter Mullen, the town’s Democratic chairman, said Chamberlain had told him that his interest was in “science fiction adult literature.”

“Literature is one thing, but this kind of stuff takes on a whole different level,” Mullen told the Danbury News Times.





Lejeune Marine colonel convicted on child sex abuse, other charges

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. — A decorated Marine colonel based at Camp Lejeune was convicted in a court-martial Sunday of sexually abusing a child.

Daniel Wilson, 56, of Mason, Wash., who was assigned to the II Marine Expeditionary Force, was found guilty of sexual abuse of a child, six counts of conduct unbecoming of an officer and a gentleman and absence without leave. He was sentenced to 5½ years of confinement and was dismissed from the Marine Corps.

The child abuse charge stems from his fondling of a girl younger than 12 on various occasions between June 26, 2016, and July 13, 2016, while he was on active duty at Camp Lejeune. The military jury acquitted him of several other child sex charges.

The conduct unbecoming charges stemmed from incidents in February and March 2016, when Wilson was in Australia and Okinawa, involving lewd comments he made and inappropriate emails he sent.

Wilson also was found guilty of going AWOL for eight days around New Year's Day 2017.

Wilson served in the Marine Corps for more than 30 years and completed 11 deployments.

Camp Lejeune, NC




Seattle Mayor resigns after cousin accuses him
of child sex abuse
By KATE WALTERS 

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announced his resignation on Tuesday after the latest sexual abuse allegation against him. Murray's full statement below:

“I am announcing my resignation as mayor, effective at 5 p.m. tomorrow.

“While the allegations against me are not true, it is important that my personal issues do not affect the ability of our City government to conduct the public’s business.

“I’m proud of all that I have accomplished over my 19 years in the Legislature, where I was able to pass what were at the time the largest transportation packages in state history, a landmark gay civil rights bill and a historic marriage equality bill.

“And I am proud of what we have accomplished together at the City during my time as mayor, passing a nation-leading $15 minimum wage, and major progressive housing affordability and police accountability legislation, as well as negotiating an agreement to build a world-class arena that I believe in time will bring the NHL and NBA to Seattle. 

“But it has also become clear to me that in light of the latest news reports it is best for the city if I step aside. To the people of this special city and to my dedicated staff, I am sorry for this painful situation.

“In the interest of an orderly transition of power, Council President Bruce Harrell will become Mayor upon my resignation, and will decide within the following five days whether he will fill out the remainder of my term. During this time Director of Operations Fred Podesta has been tasked with leading the transition.”

The resignation comes after a younger cousin accused him of sexual abuse in the 1970s. 

The Seattle Times reports that Joseph Dyer, 54, accuses Murray of repeatedly molesting him when he was a teenager. 

Dyer is the fifth man to accuse the mayor of such abuse. 

Murray has repeatedly denied allegations of sexual abuse. He has said in the past that accusations from four men were part of a right-wing political agenda to take him down. According to the Times, Murray said the latest accusation is false and is likely because of a family rift. 

If you raped your cousin, there's a good chance there will be a family rift.

Dyer says Murray forced him into sex while they shared a bedroom in Dyer's childhood home, according to the Times. Dyer says he was 13 years old at the time. Murray lived with Dyer's family in New York after his mother passed away. 

Dyer has provided a signed declaration to a Seattle lawyer representing Delvonn Heckard, the man who sued Murray earlier this year for repeatedly raping him in the 1980s. The lawsuit has since been withdrawn but Heckard has filed a claim for damages against the city of Seattle.

According to the declaration, published by the Times, Dyer was prompted to come forward after seeing a press conference in which Murray denied accusations made by Heckard and others.

The statement reads:

"I am offering this declaration to rebut Murray's claims that he never molested a child and/or the allegations against him were concocted as some sort of right-wing conspiracy. I do not know any of the other victims mentioned in this statement, and I am not part of any conspiracy. In fact, I am related to Murray. I am Murray's cousin."

The declaration states that Murray molested Dyer over the course of a year. It also calls on Seattle's elected officials to "do what is right and remove Murray from office."

Murray has said repeatedly that he won't resign. 




81-year-old North Carolina man accused of
sexually assaulting child

HIGH POINT, N.C. — An 81-year-old High Point man is accused of sexually assaulting a child, according to a news release from the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.

James Thomas Hussey is charged with four counts of indecent liberties, two counts of first-degree sex offense of a child and one count of first-degree sex offense of a 13, 14 or 15-year-old.

The abuse happened over about three years, Sheriff David Grice said.

Hussey is in jail under a $500,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 2.





Illinois man charged with sexual abuse of a child

MORRISON – A 33-year-old Dixon man is in Whiteside County Jail on $100,000 bond, accused of sexually abusing a girl younger than 13.

Nathan J. Rice is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse, which carries 3 to 7 years in prison.

Rice was arrested on a Whiteside County warrant at 7:40 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of Grant Avenue in Dixon.

The incident happened about 4 years ago, while Rice was living in Morrison, but the girl did not report it until June, said Morrison Chief Brian Melton, the lead investigator in the case. Should he make bail, among other things, Rice must have no contact with anyone younger than 17.

His preliminary hearing is Monday.






Child sex abuse plea yields 20-year prison term
for Tulsa man
By Samantha Vicent Tulsa World 

A Tulsa man was sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty Monday to six counts of child sexual abuse, four of which occurred against a girl 12 or younger at the time.

Raymond Jelani Pitts, 34, was accused of sexually assaulting a now-18-year-old relative at two Tulsa residences. The girl turned 13 before two of the assaults occurred, according to court records.

He was arrested in April 2016 after police responded to a disturbance between Pitts, who had a warrant for his arrest for the sex crimes charges, and another man. Officers used a Taser during Pitts' arrest, saying in a report that he continued to struggle with an officer even after being tackled.

District Judge Sharon Holmes sentenced Pitts to 20 years in prison with another 10 years suspended on all six counts, but ordered each sentence will be served concurrently. The statutory minimum sentence for a count of child sexual abuse involving someone 12 or younger is 25 years.

A probable cause affidavit in the case states the girl told her mother Pitts molested her, and that after being confronted by the mother, he was admitted to a hospital for expressing suicidal tendencies.

Investigators said Pitts initially agreed to an interview to discuss the allegations but failed to show and later told them on the phone he wished to remain silent.





Illinois man charged with child sex abuse;
ordered held on $1 million bail
Jim Newton News-Sun

A Gurnee man was being held on $1 million bail after his arrest Tuesday morning on charges of child sexual abuse that allegedly occurred in Round Lake Park.

Rodrick R. Linnear, 36, was arrested by Round Lake Park police at his place of employment in Waukegan Tuesday morning following a month-long investigation into allegations of the sexual abuse of a minor, according to Round Lake Park Police Chief George Filenko.

Filenko said the investigation began after a parent of the alleged victim, who was under the age of 13, came to police in early August.

Linnear is charged with four counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a minor, and one count of criminal sexual abuse, and is being held in Lake County jail in lieu of $1 million bail.

Filenko said Round Lake Park police investigated the case in a joint effort with the Lake County Children's Advocacy Center and the Northeastern Illinois Crime Lab.

The investigation revealed that several alleged incidents occurred over a four-month period between the victim and the offender, Filenko said.

The minor was known to Linnear and was not a random victim, the chief said.

"Some things that occur in our society related to crime against the most vulnerable, our children, are inexplicable," Filenko said.





Ohio priest in prison for child sexual abuse
loses his chance to appeal
Paula Christian

A Catholic priest lost his attempt to appeal a 2013 conviction for taking a 10-year-old Price Hill boy across state lines and allegedly raping him.

Robert "Father Bob" Poandl, 76, is in prison after a jury in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati convicted him of taking an altar boy, David Harper, on a trip to serve Mass at a church in West Virginia and raping him in a rectory bedroom there in 1991.

Poandl’s attorneys filed a motion in May asking the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals for a chance to appeal that conviction. He claimed that his attorneys made mistakes during trial, and he questioned whether any Catholic priest accused of pedophilia could receive a fair trial in the aftermath a sexual abuse scandal that rocked the church more than a decade ago.

The appeals court ruled against Poandl on Aug. 31. In a four-page order the court dismissed all of his claims, describing them as “insignificant in relation to the evidence of Poandl’s guilt.”

U.S. Attorney Benjamin Glassman praised the appeals court’s decision, the hard work of his prosecutors, and the courage of Harper and his family for testifying at trial.

“I do believe justice was done in this case,” Glassman said. “It was through (Harper and his family's) courage and bravery in coming forward and testifying that the jury was able to discern the truth of what happened and return just verdicts.”

Poandl, 76, who is serving a 7 1/2-year prison term, is being treated for life-threatening kidney cancer at a federal medical center in Butner, North Carolina.

With Poandl in prison, it “furthers justice for the victim and also hopefully deters others priests,” Glassman said.

The decision was disappointing but not surprising to Joe Maher, founder of the Detroit-based group Opus Bono Sacerdotii, meaning "Work for the Good of the Priesthood," which helped to pay for Poandl's new appeal.

“I feel so very badly for Father Poandl who has consistently professed his innocence,” Maher said. “In our great country, we have the sad history of condemning certain groups of citizens during times of hysteria.”

We also have a history of guilty citizens proclaiming their innocence rather than confessing their sins.





Alabama man arrested for sexual abuse
of a child under twelve
 
HANCEVILLE, Ala. – The Cullman County Sheriff’s Office arrested Joshua Sean Tytler, 37, for Sexual Abuse of a Child under 12, two counts of Rape and two counts of Sodomy 1st.

The sheriff’s office says Tytler has sexually molested a minor over several years. Friends helped the victim come forward to the sheriff’s office.

“These type cases are very difficult to work as law enforcement because we can’t imagine how anyone could harm a child. There are no words that describe the punishment for someone that hurts a child”, said Sheriff Matt Gentry. “I would like to thank our investigators and deputies who worked on this case”, added Gentry.

Tytler is being held on a $90,000 cash bond.






Pennsylvania man faces 126 initial charges involving
child sexual abuse images
KONSTANTINE FEKOS

An Elizabeth Township man was arraigned this week on 126 initial charges related to images depicting sexual abuse of children, state police said Monday.

Justin R. Edwards, 37, was reportedly found in possession of multiple illicit images after a search and investigation by a state police computer crime unit.

He also shared one or more of the images online between Nov. 11 and Dec. 20, 2016, police said.

Edwards was charged with dissemination of photo/film of child sex acts, three counts of criminal use of a communication device and 122 counts of child pornography, according to court records.

He was released on $25,000 unsecured bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13.

Elizabeth Twp., PA